stockedup!

Would you do anything different?

Come on then...… you are at the start of your trade career, in hindsight would you do anything different.

I wish I had gone into retailing vehicles instead of just trading much earlier in my career!

Anyone else???????/

• Like 1

Often wish I did more mechanical training body repair training etc can do the basics but wish i had gained more qualifications , keep saying i might do some but too old now 

I often tell myself I should have 20 years ago and other days I tell myself i cant do everything myself anyway ..and lucky i  have good contacts .. 

Edited by Casper
  • Like 3

Gone into politics, have you seen some of the money these people earn perks second homes for bugger all stress or any sort of hard work. 

34 minutes ago, Casper said:

Often wish I did more mechanical training body repair training etc can do the basics but wish i had gained more qualifications , keep saying i might do some but too old now 

I often tell myself I should have 20 years ago and other days I tell myself i cant do everything myself anyway ..and lucky i  have good contacts .. 

They say you are never too old Casper!

1 minute ago, justina3 said:

Gone into politics, have you seen some of the money these people earn perks second homes for bugger all stress or any sort of hard work. 

I think we are too honorable to join in with that shower of shite!!

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, stockedup! said:

They say you are never too old Casper!

They say that right enough so you never know

Edited by Casper

11 minutes ago, Casper said:

They say that right enough so you never know

I don't agree.....I am fookin ancient LOL

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, justina3 said:

If you read ‘ Confessions of a recovering MP by Nick De Bois,you may change your view.

• Like 1

Wish Id have become fighter pilot 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, stockedup! said:

I don't agree.....I am fookin ancient LOL

Catching up getting up there myself 

7 hours ago, MrC said:

Wish Id have become fighter pilot 

Fook that for a game of soldiers, I'd end up shot down over enemy territory LOL

9 hours ago, trade vet said:

If you read ‘ Confessions of a recovering MP by Nick De Bois,you may change your view.

Is it a decent read TV?

I wish I had started to chase my dreams earlier in life rather than later ... love what you do and you will never work a day ... :P 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, stockedup! said:

Fook that for a game of soldiers, I'd end up shot down over enemy territory LOL

Is it a decent read TV?

Yes,being an MP in a marginal constituency is very differcult.This guy got stitched up by his own party.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, AW Motorgroup said:

I wish I had started to chase my dreams earlier in life rather than later ... love what you do and you will never work a day ... :P 

Well said 

Just now, trade vet said:

Yes,  ‘ Living the dream ‘,be a car retailer.  You must be kidding.  

Sitting in Spain in the sun would've living the dream for me tradevet . I had a look at the book you suggested going to order it for a read 

you cant go straight into retail unless you are a finance assistant (ie not a proper motor trader you are just buying and selling a commodity)

the real work starts by buying and trading on and increasing what is usually minimum start up funds

this is why most of us proper motor traders started dealing from home after buying from main dealers /auctions peoples homes fettling and either trading on to an established business or reblocking to catch jo bloggs his missus and his cute daughter with no bra:lol: (can i say that)

once you see that theres more money in retail if you can be arsed to do the detail its the next progressive step

next step is car has fault can you repair yourself or pay to have it fixed

its all down to time management versus funds versus diminishing returns

so theres no answer really

i started dealing very early in my life but buying cars from the block back then with proper proper dodgy full mots unknown till driven away by the way was a real curve ball learner as i had no one to learn from the mistakes had to be taken on the wallet 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, jason doyle motor sales said:

or reblocking to catch jo bloggs his missus and his cute daughter with no bra:lol: (can i say that)

:lol::lol:

selling cars in my younger days was a good way to meet new potential females, I started off with Corsas and small hatches in my earlier twenties and it was a great resource, made sure my customer service was always on point:lol:

I am now getting married to a girl whom I sold her first car to :)

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, MarkTVS said:

selling cars in my younger days was a good way to meet new potential females, I started off with Corsas and small hatches in my earlier twenties and it was a great resource, made sure my customer service was always on point:lol:

Must have been a good car mark mate . All the best with the wedding all the best to you and your fiancee .. wish you both many years of happiness together 

19 minutes ago, MarkTVS said:

Cards on the table........does she know about your Audi cock up !

1 hour ago, MarkTVS said:

Bet you are still getting asked to fix it :lol:

19 hours ago, justina3 said:

But plenty of them have careers outside of politics. Which i feel is a good thing. Nothing wrong with living in the real world like the rest of us. Apart from that very odd 'rees-mogg', who is like a character from a Dickens novel, and sits on a £100millon fortune?

8 hours ago, trade vet said:

Cards on the table........does she know about your Audi cock up !

Which one? I have many Audi cock ups :lol:

Sadly my R8 does now function properly but now is getting traded due to the arrival of a daughter. Going back to a sensible 5 seater now :(

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, MarkTVS said:

Sadly my R8 does now function properly but now is getting traded due to the arrival of a daughter. Going back to a sensible 5 seater now :(

Congratulations on your new arrival Mark .  What do you fancy as your new daily ?

Edited by Casper

4 minutes ago, MarkTVS said:

My wife doesn’t do past glories,she likes to remind me of past disasters or set backs in this job,mind there have been plenty.That is why I was referring to the R8

20 hours ago, jason doyle motor sales said:

you cant go straight into retail unless you are a finance assistant (ie not a proper motor trader you are just buying and selling a commodity)

the real work starts by buying and trading on and increasing what is usually minimum start up funds

this is why most of us proper motor traders started dealing from home after buying from main dealers /auctions peoples homes fettling and either trading on to an established business or reblocking to catch jo bloggs his missus and his cute daughter with no bra:lol: (can i say that)

once you see that theres more money in retail if you can be arsed to do the detail its the next progressive step

next step is car has fault can you repair yourself or pay to have it fixed

its all down to time management versus funds versus diminishing returns

so theres no answer really

i started dealing very early in my life but buying cars from the block back then with proper proper dodgy full mots unknown till driven away by the way was a real curve ball learner as i had no one to learn from the mistakes had to be taken on the wallet 

Spot on analogy JD..... I was more interested in the cute daughters BTW :)