Sign in to follow this  
Arfur Dealy

AT’s new search

yeah i was thinking that ..................  so its no longer low to high in searches 

AT Quotes 

A new sort order in search

The first improvement, launching on the 19th August, is an exciting new relevance-based search sort order. This moves away from our current price low-high search sort order and brings in a new relevance-based approach, saving car buyers time by showing search results more relevant to them. Not only is this great news for car buyers, but it is designed to deliver retailers more engaged buyers, quicker; in testing the total number of leads delivered to retailers increased by 10%.2

A new relevant search approach? That’s exactly what AT has needed for years, make the search pure Simplicity...

This could shake things up alot, but, what dictates relevance? It looks like advert quality.

A shame because I spent the last 5-6 months learning how to get autotrader to work for me and now it looks like I'm going to have to start again

10 hours ago, Mojo121 said:

This could shake things up alot, but, what dictates relevance? It looks like advert quality.

A shame because I spent the last 5-6 months learning how to get autotrader to work for me and now it looks like I'm going to have to start again

I would guess

Having every editable field filled out

100 images

video 

min. Advert length 

1 hour ago, justlooking said:

I would guess

Having every editable field filled out

100 images

video 

min. Advert length 

Yes. Probably that. I can see why they're doing it but I can't see them getting rid of low to high search.

1 hour ago, tradex said:

More AT shite.

I wonder if AT would better improving their valuation algorithm, should take into account ohh, I don't know, how about length of ticket, full, part or no service history, belt in schedule, not a V car, number of owners, warranted miles etc. 

The variables are enormous and, particularly when you get back in the years, the difference between cars is further apart. I have spoken to AT about this time after time.... they should stick to advertising and not try to be car dealers!!

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, stockedup! said:

. they should stick to advertising and not try to be car dealers!!

i was buying a chryslar impsillion yesterday ,it was for nothing but then i thought how will i sell it? this new approach just shoots further any reason to use autotrader because an advert for this car would just never be viewed because i would be selling it on price and price only

5 hours ago, tradex said:

More AT shite.

I wonder if AT would better improving their valuation algorithm, should take into account ohh, I don't know, how about length of ticket, full, part or no service history, belt in schedule, not a V car, number of owners, warranted miles etc. 

good idea tradex, but that would give the dealers who only sell pedigree cars with that criteria an advantage and we cant have that can we;).

being cynical (well it is AT!) i would guess it's going to be more beneficial to those who pay for all the add on's bigger package's etc, and i doubt it will have anything to do with AT telling buyers that pedigree cars are worth a premium, whatever it is i'm sure the army of AT children will educate us soon.

as mentioned they should stick to being a host and not a claimed partner.

I’ve only just moved back to AT from eBay albeit on a PAYG basis. Looks like I’ll be heading back to ebay.

8 hours ago, tradex said:

More AT shite.

I’ve heard that AT are adding an overpriced marker in addition to their Good, Great and Low price markers.

Not fully sure if this is going ahead or they are trialing it or it’s just an idea from the “online team”

Personally I think that’s a terrible idea. This week I sold one which was well over market value according to them but it was in perfect condition, 1 owner with tiny mileage. Would the customer have called if “Over priced” was written on my advert?

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, SouthernTrader said:

I’ve heard that AT are adding an overpriced marker in addition to their Good, Great and Low price markers.

Not fully sure if this is going ahead or they are trialing it or it’s just an idea from the “online team”

Personally I think that’s a terrible idea. This week I sold one which was well over market value according to them but it was in perfect condition, 1 owner with tiny mileage. Would the customer have called if “Over priced” was written on my advert?

Sold plenty marked “above market”. Which is rich from coming from an automated valuing system...

• Like 1