Sign in to follow this  
It's me

dvla duplicate mot certificates

hot off my email

any car tested from 20th may 2018 you can now print off a duplicate mot certificate  FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

needed this last week when mot station printer suffered a hissy and i had to sell with details written on some bog paper:lol:

https://mattersoftesting.blog.gov.uk/making-it-easier-for-motorists-to-replace-a-lost-mot-certificate/

You also might want to encourage your customers to give it a try when they phone you and ask for a duplicate certificate.

Edited by jason doyle motor sales

23 minutes ago, jason doyle motor sales said:

hot off my email

any car tested from 20th may 2018 you can now print off a duplicate mot certificate  FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

needed this last week when mot station printer suffered a hissy and i had to sell with details written on some bog paper:lol:

https://mattersoftesting.blog.gov.uk/making-it-easier-for-motorists-to-replace-a-lost-mot-certificate/

You also might want to encourage your customers to give it a try when they phone you and ask for a duplicate certificate.

BIG LIKE

On Any MOT cert  thats missing on cars we have bought I have just printed the MOT history papers off the GOV site  CHECK MOT HISTORY " MOT History " in fact we check every MOT History  on all cars purchased .

Give that to customer as it gives Expiry date as well . Not a certificate anymore really is it , all been online for ages now . 

Do people still ask for print outs these days?

My Tester used to just give Invoice, but since last years MOT Rule Changes he is now dishing out Paper Prints again ;)

6 hours ago, jason doyle motor sales said:

hot off my email

Thank you JDMS, this is an excellent heads up :D

3 hours ago, David Horgan said:

On Any MOT cert  thats missing on cars we have bought I have just printed the MOT history papers off the GOV site  CHECK MOT HISTORY " MOT History " in fact we check every MOT History  on all cars purchased .

Give that to customer as it gives Expiry date as well . Not a certificate anymore really is it , all been online for ages now . 

well you can do both now.

18 hours ago, jason doyle motor sales said:

hot off my email

Just had a look, and seen that you have to use the details off the V5! :rolleyes:

update it works brilliant

to david,sometimes its best not to give an mot history log to your prospective customer;)

to stalker   it could be used foer cloning otherwise:)

Am i the only one that is happy with an online printout...? Since it's the same as the original mot cert is on basic standard paper :P

LOL @TangoVictor32

I am happy not to have a stupid bit of paper, it takes much less time to look up on line than search through a briefcase of V5's with MOT "Certs" attached ;)

Also any spotty kid with a pooter and printer could create his own (un registered with VOSA) MOT within 5 minutes, much better digital IMHO

Cheers Jason, this helped me out when I'd forgotten to pick one up from the garage this afternoon!