Sign in to follow this  
GentlemanJames

“Sold?! But what did it sell for?!”

Sent a text out of courtesy to let Mr Prospect know

Mr Prospect Rings again last night and today.

“Yes Mr Prospect that BMW at £6995 you were trying all day to get a discount on over the phone has been sold to Mr Customer last night”

I did of course sell for £6995, but I couldn’t help telling him I did a deal at £5400 

Why do do they ask what it sold for?! Like they have some sort of right to know?!

8 minutes ago, GentlemanJames said:

Sent a text out of courtesy to let Mr Prospect know

Mr Prospect Rings again last night and today.

“Yes Mr Prospect that BMW at £6995 you were trying all day to get a discount on over the phone has been sold to Mr Customer last night”

I did of course sell for £6995, but I couldn’t help telling him I did a deal at £5400 

Why do do they ask what it sold for?! Like they have some sort of right to know?!

Its a question only ever asked by someone that would have never paid asking price. 

I'd rather say "sold for full price which I know it was worth" 

• Like 2

I usually say,we sold it to one of our regular customers for the full price and his part ex looks better than when he bought it from us.We actually have someone to buy that and they are on their way now.....We much prefer part ex deals....That usually confuses them.

• Like 2

“None of your business but I don’t discount anyway”. This is usually met with huffing & puffing as I put the phone down.

The email enquiries are ignored.

I love those sorts :lol: 

How long you had it ?          Longer than you 

How much did you pay for it ?  little as possible 

How much will you take ?  Let me read the advert 

Whats your lowest price for cash ? Why should I lower my standard of living to improve yours ? 

I have sold my px so I'm a cash buyer . You will be needing a car quick then so you had better make me an offer above screen price , 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, David Horgan said:

I love those sorts :lol: 

How long you had it ?          Longer than you 

How much did you pay for it ?  little as possible 

How much will you take ?  Let me read the advert 

Whats your lowest price for cash ? Why should I lower my standard of living to improve yours ? 

I have sold my px so I'm a cash buyer . You will be needing a car quick then so you had better make me an offer above screen price , 

Spot on... :D

I always say that the car sold after HUGE interest for the full asking price which in hindsight probably was too low. 

If we get something similar in the next couple of weeks we’ll give you a call but it was a rare find and it will be a matter of great luck. 

Then the next dealer that gets their call can make the easiest sale ever... professional courtesy of sorts. 

• Like 4

On 4/18/2019 at 1:00 PM, Nick M.K. said:

I always say that the car sold after HUGE interest for the full asking price which in hindsight probably was too low. 

If we get something similar in the next couple of weeks we’ll give you a call but it was a rare find and it will be a matter of great luck. 

Then the next dealer that gets their call can make the easiest sale ever... professional courtesy of sorts. 

Your professional courtesy is appreciated! I love a customer telling me about the car they just missed out on, they know not to mess around on mine then

27 minutes ago, MattR said:

Your professional courtesy is appreciated! I love a customer telling me about the car they just missed out on, they know not to mess around on mine then

The trouble is greedy messers are greedy messers, it’s in their genes. They say they’ve missed out on other cars yet fuck about & miss out again.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, BHM said:

The trouble is greedy messers are greedy messers, it’s in their genes. They say they’ve missed out on other cars yet fuck about & miss out again.

yes

the best way to sort it is to define the model and never sell another one

it makes a much easier life doesnt it:)

Is the bike still for sale?

Yes.

How low will you go?

Anything less than 2mph and I tend to fall off.