Sign in to follow this  
tedwelford

Branching out into other areas of business

I'm writing a feature for Car Dealer Magazine looking into the ways some dealers are diversifying their businesses. 

I've spoken to a garage that offers customers a gym and beauty treatments, a supercar dealer which uses its showroom as an events facility, and one that has a fully-functioning photo studio available for hire. 

I was interested to see if any members had ever considered branching out into other areas (outside of sales, servicing etc) to make your dealer more appealing to customers, and also to increase revenue within your current showroom/site?

I am very annoyed you think you can waltz in here and start spamming our forums, Please refrain from this activity, This is a serious forum for professional motor dealers not some place you can sell your Gym and Beauty treatments, Now unless you have something you want to add directly in line with Car Sales please go and copy and paste your opening statement some where else

8 minutes ago, Blenheim Car Sales said:

I am very annoyed you think you can waltz in here and start spamming our forums, Please refrain from this activity, This is a serious forum for professional motor dealers not some place you can sell your Gym and Beauty treatments, Now unless you have something you want to add directly in line with Car Sales please go and copy and paste your opening statement some where else

We do get a lot of those, however Ted appears to be a staff member.

• Moderators
  • staff.png
  •  
  • 1 post

Its a legit post and the dealer with gym and 'wellness centre' is a south coast based Audi dealership IIRC. 

3 minutes ago, Rory RSC said:

Its a legit post and the dealer with gym and 'wellness centre' is a south coast based Audi dealership IIRC. 

Yes, that is correct - Poole Audi. I work for Car Dealer Magazine, and was just looking to gauge opinion on the subject. 

We've got an old caravan down the back of the yard so we've taken on a dominatrix and offer our older male punters her services if they are looking for an extra experience! :ph34r:

Do this job correctly and with interest and you shouldn't have time for gyms , spars , beauty parlours  and photo booths .

Have to decide if your running a car dealership or a poodle parlour .:unsure:

Next thing you know Gyms ,poodle parlours and beauty salons will be selling cars and that would really make us mad wouldn't it :angry:

regards the franchise's audi etc the idea was to allow the customer to stay on site whilst having their car serviced under the latest servicing schemes, which can be as little as 1-2 hours,

guess it all helps keep their customer on board the brand.

1 hour ago, Blenheim Car Sales said:

Someone's tired

1 hour ago, Dealer said:

We've got an old caravan down the back of the yard so we've taken on a dominatrix and offer our older male punters her services if they are looking for an extra experience! :ph34r:

Used to visit a place in Miami, The Hands on Car Wash... The staff were great, bikinis, flip flops and soapy sponges.. My hire car was always cleanest when returning, it got washed every other day... Washing the roof was my favourite bit.... I am sure this would work in the UK... 

3 minutes ago, Area 51 said:

Used to visit a place in Miami, The Hands on Car Wash... The staff were great, bikinis, flip flops and soapy sponges.. My hire car was always cleanest when returning, it got washed every other day... Washing the roof was my favourite bit.... I am sure this would work in the UK... 

Its 2019. I'm not sure how comfortable i'd be with some dudes in speedos washing my car? Lol

• Like 1

4 hours ago, met said:

Its 2019. I'm not sure how comfortable i'd be with some dudes in speedos washing my car? Lol

Nothing wrong with speedos, I wear mine for an hour most day.

• Like 1

If you can successfully sell cars then sell cars. If you can't hack it branch into other areas of business.

17 hours ago, Dealer said:

Do you have an appointment slot available sometime this afternoon?

Can I bring my gimp mask & rubber pants with buttock opening so she can lash my arse ‘til it’s red raw?

1 hour ago, BHM said:

Do you have an appointment slot available sometime this afternoon?

Can I bring my gimp mask & rubber pants with buttock opening so she can lash my arse ‘til it’s red raw?

Whilst she shouts ' whats your best price? ' over and over :lol:

• Like 1

I once helped out a pair of local twats who were penniless, "inherited local derelict Garage owners" and their Mechanic had just left cos he didn't get paid !!

I remember the silly wifey cow pointing at a derelict outhouse and telling me she was going to "do it up" and sell Bacon Sarnies to the (dead) Garage Customers !!

This was before I extended my own Workshop and started up at my own place .................... My idea was to help them out for a few weeks, suss 'em out and then make them a sensible offer for the rambling site, (which was more than it was worth), demolish everything and re build it all new..................................

Which of course they declined, while puffing on their weed, and it has now stood empty for years :lol: 

Fucking priceless considering she burst into floods of tears one Friday when she didn't have any money to settle my mates Invoice for some MOT's he'd done !!