Sign in to follow this  
Grantlfc81

Car gurus

8 minutes ago, Mark101 said:

Well, that's typical.  Really quiet then out of the blue - one sold (pre booked) and two further walk-ins SOLD.

AT doesn't kick in until August, so all CG

I think that's how car guru works Mark , all connected to the search process they use in my opinion , area by area , we have the same result , nothing nothing then 5 all at once and back to nothing again , 

On ‎17‎/‎07‎/‎2019 at 1:44 PM, BHM said:

I’m interested whether you’ve upgraded or not and if so have you seen an increase in traffic?

I’m considering joining CG as EMP is producing f.a. punters, AT isn’t an option, Gumtree seems to be a glorified internet jumble sale, although I must confess to not yet investigating Motors.

From what I see/understand the FREE package looks fairly poor - tbh I’m surprised any punter can be bothered filling in their details in order to send an email. 

The middle package, ENHANCED, is the one I’m considering although as an unknown (to me) entity if I take the plunge I’ll expect a deal, with a reduced contract, to entice me in.

I upgraded in May and am doing worse than when I was on the free package in terms of stats they give you.

EBAY/GM has had its day, I have been with them for years(EBAY)and had some proper results years ago but, alas, it seems the party has ended.

I was with MOTORS for about 14 months a couple of years ago and didn't do great with them either.

Someone mentioned earlier about being on AT solely or being on all the others, I think this is a fair comment. Overall I do well with AT, better quality enquiries but it is a salty old bill to pay.

My next venture will be onto social media and see what this brings, I am way behind the curve I know but better late than never!

18 hours ago, David Horgan said:

I think that's how car guru works Mark , all connected to the search process they use in my opinion , area by area , we have the same result , nothing nothing then 5 all at once and back to nothing again , 

Something to do with cost of keywords and they must have same budget but when others don't compete in that area they are more prominent. Witchcraft and voodoo

• Like 1

On 7/17/2019 at 1:44 PM, BHM said:

I’m interested whether you’ve upgraded or not and if so have you seen an increase in traffic?

I’m considering joining CG as EMP is producing f.a. punters, AT isn’t an option, Gumtree seems to be a glorified internet jumble sale, although I must confess to not yet investigating Motors.

From what I see/understand the FREE package looks fairly poor - tbh I’m surprised any punter can be bothered filling in their details in order to send an email. 

The middle package, ENHANCED, is the one I’m considering although as an unknown (to me) entity if I take the plunge I’ll expect a deal, with a reduced contract, to entice me in.

Hi BHM

apologies, Ive been away and the beaches of Sardinia were more of a draw than logging on to Forum....

I had a month free on the Enhanced package. The benefit to me was that the ads had more prominence on CG than the free ones and my phone number was on there. I also had proper contact details for the email leads that came through (1 of which did generate a sale). I also had a situation where I missed a call made by someone from a CG ad and instantly got an email from CG explaining I had missed a call from this number and that it was in response to a CG ad ( a good feature I thought).

I had the package for a full month (June) which was a poor one for me  - I sold 8 when I normally do 14 -18 per month. Of those sales, 1 came from Car Gurus. The rest were AT/my AT website and walk on (and I asked the walk ons where they had seen it too - no CG response).

I also had a CG enquiry who wanted to buy but couldnt get through on finance. That could've made it 2 deals on the month. At the end of the trial I was offered a package for 230 per month, which I have declined and gone back on to the free package.

I attempted to get a hefty discount from them on the basis that if it worked for me I would extend beyond a 6 month contract but got nowhere.

I think they probably stand the best chance of taking on AT, but I dont think they are there yet. However, the question I always ask myself is if I wasnt on AT, then Joe Public will see my cars on another platform ( I think this is the logic NOA has), so maybe I'd have sold 4 or 5 in June from CG.

From my experience of the others (that arent AT) - Motors, Ebay, Gumtree etc, I would say CG has impressed me most. I just dont think they give me enough to give me a sustainable business if they were replacing AT or justify extra spend when the job is a bit quieter (and Im taking time off during school holidays). I'm sure I'll be talking to them again in a few months time.

Thanks for the comprehensive reply

We have been busier and busier in the last 3 months with car gurus. We are definitely seeing more referrals from car gurus month on month, still not on auto trader level but still....

10 hours ago, Grantlfc81 said:

We have been busier and busier in the last 3 months with car gurus. We are definitely seeing more referrals from car gurus month on month, still not on auto trader level but still....

I wish I could say the same Grant, my views and sales have DROPPED since going live with them a few months ago. I know I only spend £350 a month but sold just 1 this month makes it expensive per lead. Have been on to them and they can't really give me a reason why I am doing worse than when on the free package with them!

Cargurus are great as they allow you to compare the price of car models in your area and nationwide which allows you to buy the right car at the right price. There is a site for private plates I have also used to find the best deals for private number plates.

19 hours ago, Tim Kaye said:

Cargurus are great as they allow you to compare the price of car models in your area and nationwide which allows you to buy the right car at the right price. There is a site for private plates I have also used to find the best deals for private number plates.

lolz

19 hours ago, Tim Kaye said:

Get your feet off the desk ... and send some more fake email leads .

Just picking up on what others said about EbayMotorsPro - dead as any thing for a long while now. 
Signed a long contract not long ago and feel like trying to get out of it somehow.

Feel like the eBay browsers have moved onto Facebook.

27 minutes ago, Mojo121 said:

Just picking up on what others said about EbayMotorsPro - dead as any thing for a long while now. 
Signed a long contract not long ago and feel like trying to get out of it somehow.

Feel like the eBay browsers have moved onto Facebook.

Yes- as much as I still like ebay- I would agree, it's weird how the interest has dwindled.

Have noticed a lot of the cargurus leads are just ignorant customers.

We had an email enquiry about 2 weeks ago, sent her a couple of email responses never heard back.

She just turns up yesterday when we were mega busy was annoyed at having to wait 30 mins for me to be free, she said she came to look at the landrover, we said I am really sorry it was sold a few days ago.

she said well I sent an email in !! I said yes I did respond to it twice you must have received it ??

oh yes I did but I have been busy and didn't respond just thought I would show up having travelled 40 miles to view the car.

so she didn't respond back to our email, never rang to say she was on her way to check if the car was here and then got into a huff lol

2 hours ago, Jack Regan said:

Get your feet off the desk ... and send some more fake email leads .

This gave me a good old chuckle for the day. Ta for that!

As for a sensible comment on them, we've never had a solid ROI from them and as I stated before I refuse to support another company imaging the way of AT with unjustified price rise after price rise.  From the stats on their website to the stats on AT, only 7% of CG customers DON'T visit AT, just as a heads up.  The stats are available all online for you to view.  My view is am I going to miss that 1 potential customer?  Not really as in reality I'm just covering the yearly over head from being with CG.

Try them, if it doesn't work then cancel.

I have pretty much tried everything and anything related to advertising our cars, our company brand and all our services.  Everything is trial and error, as there is no wrong, there is no right.  It all comes down to ROI and NOT what the talkative sales person says on the phone or shows you in pretty pie charts.  Try it, if it works -> Wohoo, if Not -> Cancel.

At least you know yourself.

EDIT - If they want you to trial it for more than 3 months, that should say all it needs to say.  Any reputable advertiser that is confident about the leads they send you would offer you 3 months or less.  Most nowadays are 30 day / 1 month contracts.

Edited by Earunder