Scooby who

Used Cars Lancs Ltd

6 hours ago, Frankieola said:

This email is just screaming out that it is a scam, the language, spellings and general feel is just so terrible! 

'taken over', 'parking lots', 'specialized' and 'shipping costs', these terms are just never used in connection with used cars and you don't really need to be a car dealer to hear the alarm bells ringing! 

I'm sorry people lost money but the warning signs were there. 

I just wish I could find out who the car belongs to just to warn them it's up "for sale"

57 minutes ago, SLL28 said:

I just wish I could find out who the car belongs to just to warn them it's up "for sale"

It’s not them you need to warn, it’s other potential victims. 

1 hour ago, SLL28 said:

Sorry but doesn’t this need redirecting to Mumsnet?

There’s an old saying “You can’t con an honest man” (as in huMAN so that includes women before any whinging starts). 

Scammers are scum & personally I’d have them executed BUT 99% of their victims only become victims due to their own greed. Pure & simple.

This makes sorry reading... as previously said, there is a lot in the text of the website and email at is simply not right; never mind "pay us a large sum" before you even see something..

This website www.used-carslancs.co.uk  was only registered in January this year, anonymous domain owner registered to a business in possibly Holland. The contact email is a different domain sales@used-carsales.net this is registered in Ontario in mid February 2019.. Given this, a little further scrutiny shows all the testimonials on the website are from dates before either domain name was registered and the website created.

A couple of the vehicles have had the images lifted from main dealer websites.. I'm sure there is more if you rake over it..  

The OP should report this to the feds and action fraud plus any steps his bank advise them to make

I hope something positive is heard back on the offer of a refund or from the bank .....:huh:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stalker said:

It’s not them you need to warn, it’s other potential victims. 

Yes I know, that's why I'm getting the word out there in this forum. I'm also in contacted with the ladies son in law, hopefully we can both get our money back

9 hours ago, Frankieola said:

This email is just screaming out that it is a scam, the language, spellings and general feel is just so terrible! 

'taken over', 'parking lots', 'specialized' and 'shipping costs', these terms are just never used in connection with used cars and you don't really need to be a car dealer to hear the alarm bells ringing! 

I'm sorry people lost money but the warning signs were there. 

1 hour ago, BHM said:

Sorry but doesn’t this need redirecting to Mumsnet?

There’s an old saying “You can’t con an honest man” (as in huMAN so that includes women before any whinging starts). 

Scammers are scum & personally I’d have them executed BUT 99% of their victims only become victims due to their own greed. Pure & simple.

There was no greed involved, I was just looking for a like for like car after mine was written off in a crash. I wanted another car so I could go back to work. Me and my grandad thought we had done all our research but forgive us for missing some things! It's a shitty situation and can happen to even the smartest person!

57 minutes ago, SLL28 said:

Your missing the point, its not up for sale... Its fraud!

The car doesn't exist on the fraudulent advert, the original advert has been duped, the only way to stop this is to watermark the photos.

59 minutes ago, SLL28 said:

Yes I know, that's why I'm getting the word out there in this forum. I'm also in contacted with the ladies son in law, hopefully we can both get our money back

There was no greed involved, I was just looking for a like for like car after mine was written off in a crash. I wanted another car so I could go back to work. Me and my grandad thought we had done all our research but forgive us for missing some things! It's a shitty situation and can happen to even the smartest person!

I'm sorry, but all of the adverts listed on that website are indeed "TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE!"

I cannot even buy cars at trade for that!

Also, what makes you think that a repossessed car is a good one?

I think that you need to proceed swiftly with the police, the whole refund thing is defo a delaying tactic, whilst awaiting the getaway vehicle.

2 minutes ago, Stalker said:

The car doesn't exist on the fraudulent advert, the original advert has been duped, the only way to stop this is to watermark the photos.

I'm sorry, but all of the adverts listed on that website are indeed "TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE!"

I think that you need to proceed swiftly with the police, the whole refund thing is defo a delaying tactic, whilst awaiting the getaway vehicle.

The car in the advert does exist, it belongs to someone as I've already been to the police who checked rhe vehicle reg and my bank. The bank said their account would've been blocked so they would have to refund me from another account. I know this is a delaying tactic but I'm trying everything to get my money back as like I said I'm a student so I have no money as this was a cat that was going to get me back into work 

1 minute ago, SLL28 said:

The car in the advert does exist, it belongs to someone as I've already been to the police who checked rhe vehicle reg and my bank. The bank said their account would've been blocked so they would have to refund me from another account. I know this is a delaying tactic but I'm trying everything to get my money back as like I said I'm a student so I have no money as this was a cat that was going to get me back into work 

The car does exist i agree, sorry my bad.

However, the seller has no control over who uses their photos - unless they watermark them.

We had to start doing this several years ago due to a similar scam on Autotrader.

Notifying the owner their photos have been duped is a waste of time.

Where did you see it advertised?

41 minutes ago, Stalker said:

However, the seller has no control over who uses their photos - unless they watermark them.

We had to start doing this several years ago due to a similar scam on Autotrader.

The website? My grandad saw it as a Facebook ad

The "company" have emailed me again saying I'd be refunded within an hour, they've got 30 mins left lol

48 minutes ago, Stalker said:

boring dave is bored now

you say you lost your grandads money

then you say you were replacing like for like with your car written off 

then you say you are a student

then you say you nweed a car like for like for work

then you say you are studying law

then you keep coming back

i put it to you you are a troll

so you other motor traders on here keep feeding this troll

im out......................

6 minutes ago, boring dave said:

boring dave is bored now

I was out after reading the op has done a module on cyber crime but this scam didnt come up....this is what i would class as close to a text book scam as it gets. 

20 minutes ago, boring dave said:

boring dave is bored now

It was my money, my grandad was helping me look for a car. I'm a criminology and criminal justice student, we havent covered cyber crime to its full extent yet! I work in the evenings. Unfortunately I crashed my car so it was written off and I wanted to replace it with the same make and model. I'm not a troll, I've never even been on a forum before. I just want to warn other people of this scam, is that wrong of me?

The website? My grandad saw it as a Facebook ad

The "company" have emailed me again saying I'd be refunded within an hour, they've got 30 mins left lol

I've just had an email from them saying I'm on their blacklist, when I only asked for a phone number and when my refund would be in my account 

I'd like to find someone who has dealt with them and actually got their money back, so if anyone knows anyone let me know 

wow how cheap are those cars, i better rush and reserve one with my debit card i dont want to miss out on a bargain....... and if it goes tits up i will go to Dom Littlewood or watchdog because i am an innocent private who has been scammed out of my hard earned cash... IF IT LOOKS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE ITS A SCAM.

13 minutes ago, whitestone679231 said:

wow how cheap are those cars, i better rush and reserve one with my debit card i dont want to miss out on a bargain....... and if it goes tits up i will go to Dom Littlewood or watchdog because i am an innocent private who has been scammed out of my hard earned cash... IF IT LOOKS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE ITS A SCAM.

Oh wow another one who lacks compassion and empathy! Didn't go to watchdog mate, went straight to the police who have actually heard of them but have done nothing about it!

I would just leave it now if was me.  Some of us feel sorry for you, some don't. Such is life.

Do please let us know how you get on though, but I wouldn't rise to the bait if you get mildly offended any further.  It's just the internet.

We have our fingers crossed for you I'm sure

3 minutes ago, SLL28 said:

Oh wow another one who lacks compassion and empathy! Didn't go to watchdog mate, went straight to the police who have actually heard of them but have done nothing about it!

Couple of points,

1, I am not your mate,

2, you have tried to nab a bargain and are bleating because it doesnt exist,

3. you are on a car dealers website, we are trade professionals who pay proper money for a proper car and we know bargains on this scale dont exist

4. you didnt go to a genuine dealer because you were unwilling to pay a right price for a right car

5 SEE POINT ONE

best of luck with your studies I hope you learn that bargains do not exist

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, whitestone679231 said:

Couple of points,

1, I am not your mate,

2, you have tried to nab a bargain and are bleating because it doesnt exist,

3. you are on a car dealers website, we are trade professionals who pay proper money for a proper car and we know bargains on this scale dont exist

4. you didnt go to a genuine dealer because you were unwilling to pay a right price for a right car

5 SEE POINT ONE

best of luck with your studies I hope you learn that bargains do not exist

+1. 

99% of scams feed off greed. As for lacking empathy, SLL28 is correct. I lack empathy with greedy c***s.

18 minutes ago, BHM said:

+1. 

99% of scams feed off greed. As for lacking empathy, SLL28 is correct. I lack empathy with greedy c***s.

I'm far from greedy

2 minutes ago, SLL28 said:

I'm far from greedy

How far away do you live from the dealer?

The linked website that was posted earlier on seems to redirect to even dodgier websites now.

6 minutes ago, Stalker said:

How far away do you live from the dealer?

The linked website that was posted earlier on seems to redirect to even dodgier websites now.

South Wales. The website still works for me apart from the live chat has disappeared so can't contact them and they've now stopped replying to my emails 

28 minutes ago, BHM said:

+1. 

I'm far from greedy

7 minutes ago, SLL28 said:

I'm far from greedy

Nothing wrong with being greedy. You just have to be cynical.

Something which most traders are. Probably to the extent of if we were offered a free lunch we would turn it down.

I would also put your experience on Money Saving Experts motoring forum

1 hour ago, SLL28 said:

South Wales. The website still works for me apart from the live chat has disappeared so can't contact them and they've now stopped replying to my emails 

What were you buying from them?

SLL28 isn't the OP. I imagine she googled the company to see if there had been complaints after getting suspicious. That's what I did, and this is the only thing that came up. So she added to the thread to help out others. Surely the 'greedy' ones are the scamming bastards who take thousands of pounds off people for absolutely nothing in return. Give her a break, she's not harmed anyone, only helped by making others aware. Not her fault you guys are knowledgeable car dealers.  

Edited by PeteH

4 hours ago, PeteH said:

SLL28 isn't the OP. I imagine she googled the company to see if there had been complaints after getting suspicious. That's what I did, and this is the only thing that came up. So she added to the thread to help out others. Surely the 'greedy' ones are the scamming bastards who take thousands of pounds off people for absolutely nothing in return. Give her a break, she's not harmed anyone, only helped by making others aware. Not her fault you guys are knowledgeable car dealers.  

Hi Pete

The reason this scam has touched a raw nerve with us is because aswell as being regulated to death,( not a bad thing) we have to jump through hoops to sell and repair cars these days.We have always got a hard time from the public but now with this Facebook generation we are often expected to answer endless elementary queries from texts and emails from time wasters at all hours.They will not use the phone and they drive you mad.....Enter these digital whizz kids who recognise this and set up a virtual dealership on Facebook to attract this reality TV,X Box geneneration.Some people might say what they have done is brilliant.I would not be surprised if they are 15 year olds operating out of their bedrooms.They could make a fortune and get away with it while we fools are trying to net a few pence on every pound after paying tax and VAT buying,selling and repairing real cars.

• Like 1