MrC

Trade plate receipt

Our confirmation arrived yesterday. If they do it in alphabetical order I guess we were near top of the pile

I don’t get involved with them but the admin girl that does is having a battle as they have cashed the cheque but only renewed on set of plates and sent a refund for over payment, we sent a new cheque, only renewed one set again....  I think she has now sent seperate cheques. 

next year im gona do a bernard manning on them

you can have have it when i got it

signed bollox

probably get more respect too

boyo

Renewal notice arrived today, they still haven't cashed the Cheque though :lol:

1 hour ago, Dave2302 said:

Renewal notice arrived today, they still haven't cashed the Cheque though :lol:

Same here

27 minutes ago, MrC said:

Same here

No plates, no renewal, no cashing of cheque.  Still, it has only been a couple of months.

24 minutes ago, David Ayers said:

Applied a week after renewal came.

I applied WEEKS after that when I read on this forum that you had applied a while ago :-)

Why do they make it so fecking difficult, total over bureaucracy.  Mine came back to me wanting copy of PL even after sending trade insurance (it says one or the other required ).... Cheque not cashed.

11 minutes ago, Arfur Dealy said:

Why do they make it so fecking difficult, total over bureaucracy.  Mine came back to me wanting copy of PL even after sending trade insurance (it says one or the other required ).... Cheque not cashed.

maybe your john bull printing effort saying ees insured innit

didnt cut the mustard in swannzeeee:P

9 minutes ago, Nick M.K. said:

I applied WEEKS after that when I read on this forum that you had applied a while ago :-)

I recalled the discussion we had last year on the old AT forum so got in early.

It does seem ridiculous that all trade plates are renewed at the same time, DVLA probably have 2 weeks off for Christmas too.

3 minutes ago, David Ayers said:

I recalled the discussion we had last year on the old AT forum so got in early.

It does seem ridiculous that all trade plates are renewed at the same time, DVLA probably have 2 weeks off for Christmas too.

3 minutes ago, boring dave said:

maybe your john bull printing effort saying ees insured innit

didnt cut the mustard in swannzeeee:P

Automate it, get rid of the cretins.

1 hour ago, tradex said:

Can't that hard can it? My trade plates have to go onto my insurance car database, so ANPR knows the 'plate is insured' off the MID, surely DVLA could.....

mine need carbon dating

1 hour ago, tradex said:

Still got the space for the rent on top? 

oh yes

i was going to cut it off but someone advised i was damaging govt property so never did

ive painted mine up a few times over the years that old lead paint on the originals sure tasted tangy when making my brush pointy:lol:

My first ever trade plates were awesome, massive bullky triangle with three sharp screws holding the rent disc in place and some big ass rubber plate hangers.

That wasn't the best bit though, that was the number (can't remember the two letters) which was 007

My dad says, you've always been a lucky bastard :lol:

Edited by Mark101

5 hours ago, Mark101 said:

My first ever trade plates were awesome, massive bullky triangle with three sharp screws holding the rent disc in place and some big ass rubber plate hangers.

mine still look like that    

• Like 2

Our receipt came in today, cheque posted on the 30th December (Don't like them to get it too early) and its still not cashed yet. 

Receipt in today, sent first week on December! Chq not yet cashed... Laughable when they could just have use renew online with MID check for the policy as plates are on this.

19 minutes ago, Area 51 said:

Receipt in today, sent first week on December! Chq not yet cashed... Laughable when they could just have use renew online with MID check for the policy as plates are on this.

Think online is planned for 2029 , Slow as the DVLA are , saying that we had our conformation in Dec 

V5's and private plates are super quick these days but trade plates is a joke :(

• Like 1

Had a letter through this morning "Notice to surrender or renew trade plates" I sent the cheque on the 02/01/19, it's not been cashed & now this! I wonder if anybody else will be getting this letter that has sent their cheque in