Sign in to follow this  
Lucas

I found a pitch to practice! And I found a teacher too.

2 weeks is no time at all in this game, its certainly not long enough to learn anything, and I feel for both of your sakes you need more than a gentlemans agreement, what happens if you sell a nice Jag and in 3 weeks after you have gone it goes bang? or what happens if the bailiffs turn up and clamp all your cars because the nice old man is owing lots of money?

54 minutes ago, RHO said:

What happens when the car you sold from his pitch comes back for warranty work or failure.? Customer will go back to the pitch and expect things to get sorted.

Do you sort it out or have you an arrangement with him for this happening?

We have not even though about this. He just simply invited me to work with him for two weeks, and he suggested I could bring my cars and try to sell them on the pitch. No need to think too much. I first met him on Saturday afternoon, and we reached this appointment in just 15 minutes. 

Take it easy. Like Bob Dylan song said: Don't think twice, it's all right! :) 

I am heading to the pitch now.

40 minutes ago, whitestone679231 said:

2 weeks is no time at all in this game, its certainly not long enough to learn anything, and I feel for both of your sakes you need more than a gentlemans agreement, what happens if you sell a nice Jag and in 3 weeks after you have gone it goes bang? or what happens if the bailiffs turn up and clamp all your cars because the nice old man is owing lots of money?

Thanks mate. Too many if. A life full of uncertain. Don't think twice, it's all right! 

12 minutes ago, Lucas said:

We have not even though about this. He just simply invited me to work with him for two weeks, and he suggested I could bring my cars and try to sell them on the pitch. No need to think too much. I first met him on Saturday afternoon, and we reached this appointment in just 15 minutes. 

Take it easy. Like Bob Dylan song said: Don't think twice, it's all right! :) 

I am heading to the pitch now.

Thanks mate. Too many if. A life full of uncertain. Don't think twice, it's all right! 

This is the motor trade Lucas you do need to think twice and prepare for the unexpected or you will get your fingers burnt.

I am in the hospital now. The old gentlemen suddenly blooding a lot and can't stop at all! We called the ambulance and finally get him to the emergency department. He blooded about one litre I guess! So, today, the first day in a pitch,  really into the bloody car business today. Unforgettable! :unsure:

45 minutes ago, Lucas said:

I am in the hospital now. The old gentlemen suddenly blooding a lot and can't stop at all! We called the ambulance and finally get him to the emergency department. He blooded about one litre I guess! So, today, the first day in a pitch,  really into the bloody car business today. Unforgettable! :unsure:

Just curious- have you ever considered to become a writer or scenarist? With your life experiences it could be the way to go...

• Like 1

This could end up with Lucas telling us that he’s been chawed for doing the old boy in with a shovel so he could nick his pitch 

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Lucas said:

So no cars sold today?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lucas said:

Blade_web03_zpskquovizt.jpg

I really feel it's not about how many cars I sold. Cars will be sold, don't worry about that. It's all about people, and how interesting life is. Thank GOD! Thank you all of you! :)

Dinner time! Don't even have a chance to eat lunch yet! Hungry!!

1 minute ago, Blenheim Car Sales said:

Lunch......................  your in the motor trade now you dont have time for  lunch,

Nobody told me that before!! OMG!:unsure:

58 minutes ago, tradex said:

The secret life of Lucas Mitty..... :D

Can't say secret. But I do have a little detail not told in the previous threads. This pitch I am training is the pitch I am taking over. So, I am being trained on my own pitch!

I never know the old gentleman before last Saturday. I just know the sublandlord, and talk to the sublandlord directly. Until last Saturday I went there to see the pitch, the old gentlemen were there and he came to me. He came to me and learn that I am the next new guy, and he found out I am totally brand new to the car trade, he is so worried about me. Then he offers me free training before he goes. He is trying to pass all his knowledge and relationship to me!! Then, today, he even helps me to renegotiate the terms with the landlord! The rent 5K less, lease now become 1 year rolling and 3 months deposit because of his help today! Right after the lease deal made. He started to bleed a lot from his mouth and nose just in front of me. I saw him in such a bloody health situation! I went to the hospital, his hands, face and chest are all boods. When he see me, he still asking how I feel the business today, am I happy with the deal!?. What a bloody cars business!! Really bloody!! Thank GOD. He is better now!! 

Edited by Lucas

5 minutes ago, C B said:

This has got to be wind up?

Sorry, mate. Forgive me if I am wrong. But if you see everything is winding up. Then you are living in your windup world. If you see everything true, you are living in your true world.

It doesn't matter if you believe it or not. I just trying to share my stories. Because of this forum, all the friends here, are all real and true.

Thank you very very much! 

Edited by Lucas

Just now, C B said:

You're forgiven. 

Thank you.

Wow ! What’s next ? We definitely need you to go through 2019. 

18 minutes ago, DPF said:

Wow ! What’s next ? We definitely need you to go through 2019. 

Sorry mate, probably not too many chapters in the near future. Because I have to work hard on the operation. So, might join more threads regarding the operation to learn more from you guys rather than writing my stories.;)

Edited by Lucas

3 hours ago, Lucas said:

Can't say secret. But I do have a little detail not told in the previous threads. This pitch I am training is the pitch I am taking over. So, I am being trained on my own pitch!

I never know the old gentleman before last Saturday. I just know the sublandlord, and talk to the sublandlord directly. Until last Saturday I went there to see the pitch, the old gentlemen were there and he came to me. He came to me and learn that I am the next new guy, and he found out I am totally brand new to the car trade, he is so worried about me. Then he offers me free training before he goes. He is trying to pass all his knowledge and relationship to me!! Then, today, he even helps me to renegotiate the terms with the landlord! The rent 5K less, lease now become 1 year rolling and 3 months deposit because of his help today! Right after the lease deal made. He started to bleed a lot from his mouth and nose just in front of me. I saw him in such a bloody health situation! I went to the hospital, his hands, face and chest are all boods. When he see me, he still asking how I feel the business today, am I happy with the deal!?. What a bloody cars business!! Really bloody!! Thank GOD. He is better now!! 

My 7th sense told me old boy will retire and he will let you take over pitch

I did think that... Especially when you said you open on 1st Feb.... 

He was a die hard.... Did 55yrs in the trade and is one of them old farts that what the UK govt likes.... A person working into their death...

The old boy has to rest in the hospital for a couple days. He arranges another partner who has 30+ years working experience in a dealer and as an independent consultant now to be my trainer from today. What lovely man! God bless old boy!! 

Edited by Lucas

1 hour ago, Lucas said:

The old boy has to rest in the hospital for a couple days. He arranges another partner who has 30+ years working experience in a dealer and as an independent consultant now to be my trainer from today. What lovely man! God bless old boy!! 

Man you’re entertaining. Mind you, nothing surprises me about the motor trade anymore. 

Have any of them offered to be your salesman yet?

2 hours ago, Lucas said:

be careful and wear thick underpants as someone i know who wanted to learn the trade had to bend over for the teacher every monday morning and most weekends,funny thing is the teacher ended up being part of the family due to a short lived wedding,i could never talk to him in case he made a grab for me jewels:lol:

Please don't stop recounting the stories Lucas, it is like James Bush's Customer Stories = Bloody Good Entertainment :D

To the doubting Thomas's ............ Guys, I do truly believe Lucas ...............

No - one, (not even a Coronation Emmerdallas East End script writer), could make some of this shit up ;)

I often don't have time to recount some of my own motor trade stories over the many years, but yep, they are all true :rolleyes:  

1 hour ago, Dave2302 said:

Please don't stop recounting the stories Lucas, it is like James Bush's Customer Stories = Bloody Good Entertainment :D

To the doubting Thomas's ............ Guys, I do truly believe Lucas ...............

No - one, (not even a Coronation Emmerdallas East End script writer), could make some of this shit up ;)

I often don't have time to recount some of my own motor trade stories over the many years, but yep, they are all true :rolleyes:  

We can recount stories Dave but lucas ain't Sold a car yet :rolleyes: