andymc1973

How’s January started out?

January is always a good month for us dreading February and March as they are always slow

I've had a poor month with only 5 sales (three of which on a single day early on, one on the following week and one being collected this afternoon) although the margins across the five were great. 

I was still busy as I bought a few and spent a lot of time prepping them. 

Going away for a few days on WED so don't really have a chance to improve the month but with so much ready stock I hope for a decent February. 

1 hour ago, DBDlloyds said:

Never normally add anything to this thread but as of today we are 11 for the month...:)

Well done Deano - that's brilliant mate....

Really good month for me with 17 on the board out of 22 in stock. Has been nice and steady since just after christmas. 

29 so far......... Best month ever for us although now struggling to buy...... Same old story. 

Had a decent month. Normally stock 10-12 and done 12 for the month. Got 4 already on the board for Feb as i cannot prep some of the vehicles sold by the end of the month

13 hours ago, Dealer said:

29 so far......... Best month ever for us although now struggling to buy...... Same old story. 

Good result always hard re stocking and catching up. 

2 hours ago, Rory RSC said:

always hard re stocking and catching up. 

I am desperate for some stock, not complaining it is a nice position to be in.  I checked in to BCA Online yesterday and could not believe the prices stuff was making, unbelievable. 

23 minutes ago, Mark101 said:

I am desperate for some stock, not complaining it is a nice position to be in.  I checked in to BCA Online yesterday and could not believe the prices stuff was making, unbelievable. 

Same here! I was watching Bedford UKCGR Low Mileage..... :blink::blink:

8 minutes ago, andymc1973 said:

its not the prices, it's the lack of decent cars in my opinion

I agree, haven't been tempted to go to any auction recently because the selection is crap

43 minutes ago, Mikey360 said:

I agree, haven't been tempted to go to any auction recently because the selection is crap

This. Our goal for the year is to focus on the buying side and encourage locals to try is for a price before they trot off to wbac. Registered need domain name for it last week and need to get one of our project cars sign written that I’ll use as a runabout. 

Stock prices IMO dropped after the first two weeks of Jan, I'm still on 8, but got a few just coming through prep now which I've paid under clean for. I just wish I could sell something, not had a call or a sale in 11 days..... twas the same in December for me....

1 hour ago, Arfur Dealy said:

Stock prices IMO dropped after the first two weeks of Jan, I'm still on 8, but got a few just coming through prep now which I've paid under clean for. I just wish I could sell something, not had a call or a sale in 11 days..... twas the same in December for me....

I feel your pain Simon - I had 14 days like that until last weeks amazing turnaround.

1 hour ago, Arfur Dealy said:

To be fair with the number of cars we have in stock it’s rare to have big quiet periods but certainly noticing it being a lot quieter at the moment with several days with no activity and then a flurry and then of again. 

Sundays have gone to shit. 

I stopped working Sundays years ago. It’s the ultimate tyre kicker day. If someone really wants a car they will find time on one of the other 6 days of the week to come in. 

• Like 1

I usually stock around 100 cars between my two companies. January and February tend to be quite busy for me and I honesly can say that I have sold 68 from the beginning of the month.

I can buy good stock if I work harder and travel a lot further than my local auctions.

My repair and reconditioning expenses are now beginning to take their toll on my profits. Here’s funny thing. I’ve sucked up the Autotrader over the years, I’ve sucked up the BCA charges over the years ( I amcurrently a black card customer). How much more do I have to take until everything else pushes me over...:CRA, FCA Rules, pensions, council rules and regulations, credit card payment restrictions, etc, etc. 

Edited by True trade

We've done 20 retail from a stock of 28 (average holding over the month). and a couple of very cheap pexs.

Pretty decent for January - got maybe 2 more than could be done before month ends too, but can't be sure.

21 hours ago, Mark101 said:

I feel your pain Simon - I had 14 days like that until last weeks amazing turnaround.

20 hours ago, Rory RSC said:

To be fair with the number of cars we have in stock it’s rare to have big quiet periods but certainly noticing it being a lot quieter at the moment with several days with no activity and then a flurry and then of again. 

Sundays have gone to shit. 

Funny old game, I've had 5 calls today but no bites.... Why do people call to NOT buy your car...... 

3 hours ago, SC Derby said:

We've done 20 retail from a stock of 28 (average holding over the month). and a couple of very cheap pexs.

Pretty decent for January - got maybe 2 more than could be done before month ends too, but can't be sure.

1 more of the 2 potentials now a sale so 21 for the month.

18 minutes ago, SC Derby said:

1 more of the 2 potentials now a sale so 21 for the month.

Good stuff. Gotta be happy with that from 28!

We’ve done a couple more than you, but with more in stock. Let’s hope February continues in the same vein. 

(Rory will come along now and say he’s done 45 and skink our battleships ;o)

Pretty standard month for us but it's been really dire last couple of weeks for quality leads and sales. Everyone is really hard work of late, always are when it's quiet. Nothing about to buy either, our local had 120 in today and we didn't bother attending for the third week in a row...had a call just to check we were still operating!

Todays lead were four CarGurus so we'll never hear from them again, an 80 year old looking to strap up over 60 months and guy travelling two hours to comment on a car being too green...I did check and it's as green in the photos as it is in the flesh. Roll on February!

1 hour ago, NOACROSS said:

Good stuff. Gotta be happy with that from 28!

We’ve done a couple more than you, but with more in stock. Let’s hope February continues in the same vein. 

(Rory will come along now and say he’s done 45 and skink our battleships ;o)

Yep no complaints here

Put a 2008 cat d Touran on this afternoon for £1790, clean and drives well so expect the phone to melt on that tomorrow.