Sign in to follow this  
Lucas

Where to hire delivery driver?

I just discovered that my driver license only allows driving the automatic car today! So, I just called and booked a manual driving test on this Thursday in Chertsey test centre. The problems are:

1. I don't have a manual car.

2. I am not allowed to drive the manual car to the test centre by myself even I hire one.

3. There is no any driving instructor available near me within this short notice after 7 calls.

The only solution I can think of is that to hire someone to deliver and collect the car between the car rental centre to the test centre. Does anyone know where to hire a temporary driver? Any advice appreciated.

Edited by Lucas

Hi Lucas. I would be free on thursday. my fee would be £995 plus VAT. I can even supply the manual car!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, MattR said:

Hi Lucas. I would be free on thursday. my fee would be £995 plus VAT. I can even supply the manual car!

Sounds like a great deal. :lol: Thank you though.

Edited by Lucas

The driving examiner would ask you to sign to say he is covered to be in the car when conducting a test , I wouldn't think renta car insurance would cover that if its in someone elses name on the rent agreement .

So have you got insurance cover  that would make you legal to drive a rent car , a manual car, and take a test in it . If not the examiner would void the test .

What you need is a driving school car really as they have the insurance for the test . 

If you have insurance cover now it wont cover manuals . Does your cover also include learner drivers ? 

Small cheapie car , A friend over 21 and insurance for a test seems to be a solution if you cant find a school car .

Edited by David Horgan
  • Like 1

You are very likely to fail that test without a couple of hours with an instructor. I am 90% sure I will fail it even in an Auto. 

• Like 1

Just now, Max Branning said:

This has got to be a wind up thread surely ?

You should see some of his others in the Private section

2 minutes ago, Max Branning said:

Hes been on one before Max asking weird questions , 

Who doesn't know they only have an auto driving licence .

Bloody nora , just checked mine and it only covers me for STEAM Power :)

Must book a test NOW Can anyone lend me a car too Lol 

Oh i forgot there's 30 cars outside the office door , Forgot again .

So don't need a car 

MMMMMM they aren't taxed though 

Can i take a test on trade plates " anyone " 

34 minutes ago, MattR said:

Very reasonable price , double if he fails :)

10 minutes ago, David Horgan said:

The driving examiner would ask you to sign to say he is covered to be in the car when conducting a test , I wouldn't think renta car insurance would cover that if its in someone elses name on the rent agreement .

So have you got insurance cover  that would make you legal to drive a rent car , a manual car, and take a test in it . If not the examiner would void the test .

What you need is a driving school car really as they have the insurance for the test . 

If you have insurance cover now it wont cover manuals . Does your cover also include learner drivers ? 

Small cheapie car , A friend over 21 and insurance for a test seems to be a solution if you cant find a school car .

Thank you very much! This save me. I was just thinking to rent a car on my own name with normal insurance cover. Then hire a temporary driver to delivery the car to the test centre. The driver won't sit in  the car during the test. But, it looks like I'd better to find a driving school car instead. Thanks.

So have you been driving manuals already Lucas? Did you take your test in this country? 

17 minutes ago, Max Branning said:

+1

I just discovered that my driver license only allows driving the automatic car today! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How the FCUK do you just discover something like this???

Can you remember taking a test??

How do you expect to just hire a car when you don't have a license for it?

Another peach of a thread! This guy makes Benji look like he knows what he’s talking about! 

5 minutes ago, MrV said:

So have you been driving manuals already Lucas? Did you take your test in this country?

No, I haven't. I only took the auto test in the UK.

4 minutes ago, whitestone679231 said:

"I just discovered that my driver license only allows driving the automatic car today!"..... But you were aware that you had only passed your test in an auto right? as you just confirmed it? Now I know why I got so much stick :(

4 minutes ago, Del Boy said:

Another peach of a thread! This guy makes Benji look like he knows what he’s talking about! 

And to do that you gotta be one hell of a DUNCEPOT right??!!! 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, whitestone679231 said:

I just discovered that my driver license only allows driving the automatic car today! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How the FCUK do you just discover something like this???

Can you remember taking a test??

How do you expect to just hire a car when you don't have a license for it?

I was using the foreign driver license before. That allowed me to drive and rent both auto and manual. But, now I have to use the UK license as a trader. That's why I just realized I need to do manual test. Thanks.

Edited by Lucas

2 minutes ago, Lucas said:

I was using the foreign driver license before. That allowed me to drive and rent both auto and manual. But, now I have to use the UK license as a trader. That's why I just realized I need to do manual test. Thanks.

as a trader when you took your uk test why take an auto one??

2 minutes ago, whitestone679231 said:

as a trader when you took your uk test why take an auto one??

I wasn't plan to be a trader at that time.

Lucas - out of interest, what was your job before you started trading cars?

I can't understand how you've got yourself in to this mess.  I would put as much of your money in a bank and completely rethink your strategy before you lose everything.  Get a job to cover your living expenses and spend your spare time listing everything you need to do before you jump.

I think you're a friendly chap, perhaps a little too nice and if you're not careful it won't be long before someone takes advantage of your niavity.

Surely, the very first thing you would need is a driving licence to cover the cars you are selling.

All said with the best intentions, to help you.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Mark101 said:

Lucas - out of interest, what was your job before you started trading cars?          Hes probably forgot 'hey Lucas 

2 hours ago, Lucas said:

I wasn't plan to be a trader at that time.

So you didn't take a manual test even though you can drive manual gears .

What a plonker you are Lucas 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Mark101 said:

Lucas - out of interest, what was your job before you started trading cars?

I can't understand how you've got yourself in to this mess.  I would put as much of your money in a bank and completely rethink your strategy before you lose everything.  Get a job to cover your living expenses and spend your spare time listing everything you need to do before you jump.

I think you're a friendly chap, perhaps a little too nice and if you're not careful it won't be long before someone takes advantage of your niavity.

Surely, the very first thing you would need is a driving licence to cover the cars you are selling.

All said with the best intentions, to help you.

Thank you Mark. You are a good man. You always kind and give the great advices. Thank you very much! I will be careful. 

8 minutes ago, David Horgan said:

So you didn't take a manual test even though you can drive manual gears .

What a plonker you are Lucas 

Yes. Because I was not planning to drive manual car in my daily life. But I have to get one now as a trader. Thanks for your comments.

Edited by Lucas

Luckily, I just found an instructor with a manual car available in such short notice. Problem solved! A happy day! :):):)

Thank you for all of you. :):):)

Edited by Lucas