Sign in to follow this  
Arfur Dealy

Project C Class C200 Sport

Hi Gents, just taken this lovely C200 Sport in PX, only 94K with 10 former. Very solid underneath and its straight, interior is mint, it's a good looker...... Owes Me £325 with a New MOT.......How do you value it ??

£990 scream right to me...but so does £1490 ????

224905_19_big.jpg

£1499 Autotrader freebie. 

The only problem I see is the mileage (low for year) and the high number of owners which will of course make people doubt the miles. 

But look at it... modern classic :-) 

9 minutes ago, Nick M.K. said:

£1499 Autotrader freebie. 

The only problem I see is the mileage (low for year) and the high number of owners which will of course make people doubt the miles. 

But look at it... modern classic :-) 

6 minutes ago, andymc1973 said:

£999 is its money

What's funny is, I agree with both of you....  :lol:

People don’t want too cheap. Sometimes the higher price gives them reassurance. With free AT stock and such a cheap car you MUST try it at the higher price. Extra £500 on a car like this is a great result. An absolute bargain at only £14.95 per previous owner. 

£149.95 per previous owner

• Like 1

Nice looking thing that. We'd be £1495 minimum all day long but it's gonna be very location based IMO

Simon’s customers travel from anywhere. Plus Exeter is a good location for Mercs. 

Checking the Mot history I see in 2009 it had an advisory on 

• slight smear on front wiper blade

Has it been done? I’ll give you £200

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Nick M.K. said:

Simon’s customers travel from anywhere. Plus Exeter is a good location for Mercs. 

Yes,travel from far and wide and cough up £200 to qualify for a viewing.......Another reason for giving AD an unsolicitored award for ‘unique business model’.

I think on this occasion Simon could be persuaded to take an even smaller deposit if the customer can prove “they’ve always lusted after a nearly-classic Merc” :-)

My deposit across the board is £100, it’s fully refundable if inaccurate, plus with the guarantee all travel costs will also be refunded, no quibble. No genuine buyer has an excuse not to buy, it calls their bluff. 

Nice candidate for a none age related plate. 

Immaculate merc on your drive for £1500. I’m not sure how many people will clock the number of owners, never ceases to amaze me how often cars change hands nowadays.

Just now, Arfur Dealy said:

Is that you, me or sarcasm, I'm not sure..... ? 

I'm saying I'm still loving your photos, the floor/background etc.

1 hour ago, Tom said:

When the Germans made decent cars....

Its such a lovely car to drive, how mercs used to feel

Just now, EPV said:

I'm saying I'm still loving your photos, the floor/background etc.

Big like :rolleyes:  painting my floor has been a shed load of work, and I mean a lot of work.. Next year I'll concentrate on my offices 

47 minutes ago, Arfur Dealy said:

My deposit across the board is £100, it’s fully refundable if inaccurate, plus with the guarantee all travel costs will also be refunded, no quibble. No genuine buyer has an excuse not to buy, it calls their bluff. 

If you sell on honesty and accuracy and guarantee it the billy has no excuse but to agree or give you reasons as to why they don't want to buy, you are far better off finding this out prior to appointing and wasting your time when said billy isnt actually wanting to buy or looking for a friend or etc etc etc... Why should you make an appointment and give away your money / time to someone who just wants to just "av a look". Qualify every customer.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Arfur Dealy said:

Its such a lovely car to drive, how mercs used to feel

Big like :rolleyes:  painting my floor has been a shed load of work, and I mean a lot of work.. Next year I'll concentrate on my offices 

If you sell on honesty and accuracy and guarantee it the billy has no excuse but to agree or give you reasons as to why they don't want to buy, you are far better off finding this out prior to appointing and wasting your time when said billy isnt actually wanting to buy or looking for a friend or etc etc etc... Why should you make an appointment and give away your money / time to someone who just wants to just "av a look". Qualify every customer.

The amount of times i canelled arrangements or got up early for a viewing and the buyer doesn't turn up or sends a text...

24 minutes ago, ExCouncilJobsworth said:

The amount of times i canelled arrangements or got up early for a viewing and the buyer doesn't turn up or sends a text...

Deposit prior to appointment, simply confirm it’s fully refundable on collection if miss described. Listen to the excuses and learn.....  

10 hours ago, ExCouncilJobsworth said:

It’s a sign of the times - I think tyrekicking is the new national pastime for middle aged men.

10 hours ago, Arfur Dealy said:

Deposit prior to appointment, simply confirm it’s fully refundable on collection if miss described. Listen to the excuses and learn.....  

Hmmmm, you may have a point nowadays.