Sign in to follow this  
Arfur Dealy

Project C Class C200 Sport

1 hour ago, Nick M.K. said:

It WAS too cheap if sold within days in DEC :-) 

I think it was bang on the money to be fair, the car was clean but wouldn't of commanded any more, I maxed it :) 

52 minutes ago, EPV said:

Well done AD. Having such good presentation clearly helped!

Well only the exterior photos, I hadn't even had time to have the interior hovered, the buyer always wanted a Merc (from a Mondeo) and that colour sold it to him...... 

50 minutes ago, Mark101 said:

Well done Simon

I was looking forward to that video too

Cheers, I'll start a new thread on the Mondeo when it comes in on Thursday. As I have said, I love the bangers......  But here's a preview, it's next to the Mercedes :) 

216690_37_big.jpg

1 hour ago, tradegirl said:

You're a poet.

Simon, out of curiosity how many times do you have to refund the deposit?

Only once this year out of 147 sales, so far.... the guy called prior to collection and said Mrs says unsuitable, he'd made a mistake and I refunded. I have never had anyone actually come to me and disagree with the quality and accuracy of my appraisal....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Arfur Dealy said:

I think it was bang on the money to be fair, the car was clean but wouldn't of commanded any more, I maxed it :) 

Well only the exterior photos, I hadn't even had time to have the interior hovered, the buyer always wanted a Merc (from a Mondeo) and that colour sold it to him...... 

Cheers, I'll start a new thread on the Mondeo when it comes in on Thursday. As I have said, I love the bangers......  But here's a preview, it's next to the Mercedes :) 

216690_37_big.jpg

Now for me,the Merc looks far better and ‘level’ in this photo.I see why you rated it so highly.The swapper does not look all that bad either.

2 minutes ago, trade vet said:

Now for me,the Merc looks far better and ‘level’ in this photo.I see why you rated it so highly.The swapper does not look all that bad either.

The Merc was lovely. Wait for the next book project mondeo post and you’ll see TV. 

Book ?

1 hour ago, Arfur Dealy said:

the guy called prior to collection and said Mrs says unsuitable, he'd made a mistake and I refunded

This is one of the two scenarios when my refundable holding deposit will NOT be refunded. The more common one is when they don't call or don't turn up!

1 minute ago, Nick M.K. said:

This is one of the two scenarios when my refundable holding deposit will NOT be refunded. The more common one is when they don't call or don't turn up!

Nik, I don't think it would of been a good business decision or ethically right thing to do to battle over £100 on a remote sale, the guy was totally genuine polite and remorseful. 

So what is the point of asking for a deposit? Just mark the car as sold, remove ad, remove video, lose the opportunity to find another buyer until the first customer turns up. If they don’t like the car thry get deposit back anyway...

Deposit should be about MUTUAL commitment. They commit to your car. You keep it for them. Wife didn’t like it? No problem, no hard feelings, no need to go ahead with your purchase and those £100 will just about cover the delay in selling the car and the extra admin work...

1 hour ago, Nick M.K. said:

So what is the point of asking for a deposit? Just mark the car as sold, remove ad, remove video, lose the opportunity to find another buyer until the first customer turns up. If they don’t like the car thry get deposit back anyway...

Deposit should be about MUTUAL commitment. They commit to your car. You keep it for them. Wife didn’t like it? No problem, no hard feelings, no need to go ahead with your purchase and those £100 will just about cover the delay in selling the car and the extra admin work...

The deposit is totally mutual, it’s an agreement between both sides. It confirms intent. 

Nik, didnt you have 4 wasted appointments last weekend or the weekend before ? It made me think... why are you wasting  your life, why are you devaluing yourself and your time. That’s time you could spend with your family and children. You’ll never get back. 

I simply don’t allow time wasters into my life. Been there, done it, had enough of it. Thats why I operate my way, my process it’s fair and ensures nobody’s time is wasted.  As soon as you ask for commitment and they make excuses.... decline. 

• Like 1

No. But I had two £100 deposits that people didn’t turn up after leaving them. 

Time saved. 

Can I not answer the other questions you raised? Every time you enter one of these keyboard wars on this forum (roughly twice a week for you with all the time you “save”) I get worried about your blood pressure. 

Nik, clearly you don't like the way I do business, thats no problem :) What I don't dont quite understand is why you are trying to belittle and patronise me. I have an opinion which is balanced and fair,  please explain the 16 approx "keyboard wars" I have been in the last 4 months.....

I know you are an immigrant from Bularia which is a communist state, and I can understand why you want to be here. But I'm born and bread from a country where people are allowed to have an opinon. 

11 hours ago, Nick M.K. said:

No. But I had two £100 deposits that people didn’t turn up after leaving them. 

Time saved. 

Can I not answer the other questions you raised? Every time you enter one of these keyboard wars on this forum (roughly twice a week for you with all the time you “save”) I get worried about your blood pressure. 

:lol: Red rag & bull springs to mind.

9 minutes ago, BHM said:

:lol: Red rag & bull springs to mind.

Bulls are colour blind, a china shop would have been better :P

• Like 1

Couldn't help but notice this.

I'd love to see this turned out for £1500 again !

Those are W203 C32 AMG alloys on it - the only set on eBay are £500

Screen-Shot-2018-12-06-at-12-48-13.jpg

4 hours ago, twerp said:

Couldn't help but notice this.

I'd love to see this turned out for £1500 again !

Those are W203 C32 AMG alloys on it - the only set on eBay are £500

Screen-Shot-2018-12-06-at-12-48-13.jpg

Its green, I bet they are AMG style wheels. Still looks very good value to me....but what is it hiding ????

7 minutes ago, Arfur Dealy said:

Its green, I bet they are AMG style wheels. Still looks very good value to me....but what is it hiding ????

Rear arches need going over

I'm pretty sure these wheels were never copied

3 minutes ago, twerp said:

Rear arches need going over

I'm pretty sure these wheels were never copied

You would know if they are real because AMG  is embossed onto the rim, can you show the link to the car ?