7 minutes ago, BHM said:

At £2.86 per minute I’m happy to discuss it :lol:

:lol:

Long ago,I went to BCA Peterborough or ADT or whatever a few times.There was these 2 farmers who bought all the best stock.It made no sense what they were paying for stuff.I recall asking a local what was going on.Apparently they sold from their farm and had a great business selling stuff at rediculous low prices.I was told people had to pay an entry fee at the farm gate to view the stock.No idea whether it was true.

12 minutes ago, trade vet said:

Long ago,I went to BCA Peterborough or ADT or whatever a few times.There was these 2 farmers who bought all the best stock.It made no sense what they were paying for stuff.I recall asking a local what was going on.Apparently they sold from their farm and had a great business selling stuff at rediculous low prices.I was told people had to pay an entry fee at the farm gate to view the stock.No idea whether it was true.

Probably true, people can be quite persuasive when they're holding a shotgun...! :lol:

If that was in the late 80s, I'll bet that was Vernon Ford. The story has it that he wanted a Ford Granada and got a Car dealer friend to take him to auction where he found that the prices were much less than he expected so he bought three, one for himself and two to sell from his barn.He then developed his business model on buying nearly new anything and selling it cheap from the farm, as is, no valet, no servicing, you want that doing, get it done yourself. He then took on an old Leyland truck site and absolutely rammed it with cheap nearly new and sold hundreds a month.Customers were queuing out of the sales office on a weekend waiting to buy. Traders paid to stand at the back of the pitch to value and buy part exchanges !! Out of that grew Fords of Windsford and I believe AvailableCar has a family connection. Hats off to the man, he saw an opportunity and took it.   

• Like 1

I noted this on another site...made me chuckle.

MOT.jpg

MOT.jpg

Edited by Brunswick
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, trade vet said:

Bet they were getting an EU subsidy for under performing "farm business"

todays advisory 'classic'

• spare tyre missing

on an 09 fiesta that never had a spare wheel from the factory?

Edited by met

Items removed from drivers view prior to test is a favourite of mine

dealer I know has that on most of his stock

funnily enough it was his mot tester that tested them and his valeter that put the air freshener there in the first place :lol: 

On my 09 Fiesta zetec it comes with a can of tyre air and a compressor so he might be wrong challenge it, just checked and its a ford part.

On 10/24/2018 at 3:43 PM, David Horgan said:

Had that today David plus other stupid questions :) 

Tel Caller ; Iv'e seen an MOT advisory in 2016 for a drivers obligatory mirror on a car you have , can you tell why its now NOT  an Advisory . Answer ; Er YES 

ITS BEEN CHANGED ,had a new mirror 

Q ;What was it .

A ;Cracked Glass 

Q;How did it crack 

A;Frost damage .

Q;Oh that's ok , can i come and look at the car this afternoon then .

I never saw the car till last week :) , I think some people think we have the cars ready for them round the back for ten years ,   

I’m sorry but to question 3 I wouldn’t of been able to help myself with replying “you looked in it”

• Haha 2

On 10/24/2018 at 7:57 PM, DCS01 said:

I have a friend of mine up in London that his guy MOT’s his car with heavy privacy on the front windows. Makes you wonder how many cars are out there that shouldn’t be on the road!

Tinted glass isn’t part of an MOT as testers aren’t provided with a light meter to test them.

• Like 1

You don't say?

• General ageing to all suspension components/bushes