Sign in to follow this  
Arfur Dealy

eBay purchase Motors from Cox

2 hours ago, David Horgan said:

Rubbish platform is Motors .

Listen to same old tripe about how views they have every time some new sales person pops in .

I go STOP right there , Have you got any evidence of how many actual sales you produce .

mmmmmm Cant answer that , Bye 

David , I can't believe you're worried about number of sales ...... just think of the views !! :) ! #crazy

I've said that for many years, I only want one view if that equates to a buyer ! #simples 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, umesh said:

David , I can't believe you're worried about number of sales ...... just think of the views !! :) ! #crazy

I've said that for many years, I only want one view if that equates to a buyer ! #simples 

I'm old fashioned Umesh ,  Just like you :)

Told you that once I reckon , those two out on test drive  I told you about on the phone other day, SOLD , that's what counts but you know that , we think alike you and I :) 

Very interesting move. If you ask me this is an excellent thing for all of us.

eBay is a huge player and this combined with their earlier purchase of Gumtree really signals a strong interest to become a contender for the no.1 car trade advertising platform. I don't think they've acquired Motors to continue running it in the same way. eBay are experts at search optimisation, digital marketing and advertising and if they want to become no.1, with the money they have aswell, they can do it. They may have just bought Motors for a bit of a headstart and the URL? 

They'll likely change the layout and package it all together with Gumtree and eBay. Maybe a Classified ad on eBay or trade ad on Gumtree may eventually lead you through to their dedicated car platform: Motors?

27 minutes ago, Mojo121 said:

Very interesting move. If you ask me this is an excellent thing for all of us.

eBay is a huge player and this combined with their earlier purchase of Gumtree really signals a strong interest to become a contender for the no.1 car trade advertising platform. I don't think they've acquired Motors to continue running it in the same way. eBay are experts at search optimisation, digital marketing and advertising and if they want to become no.1, with the money they have aswell, they can do it. They may have just bought Motors for a bit of a headstart and the URL? 

They'll likely change the layout and package it all together with Gumtree and eBay. Maybe a Classified ad on eBay or trade ad on Gumtree may eventually lead you through to their dedicated car platform: Motors?

I’m going to stick my neck out and say they’ll try their best but they’ll still be miles behind AT. 

Cox sold motors because it was crap, ebay bought it because they are struggling as well as everyone sells their cars on Facebook market place! Just use AT! 

Phill Jones, managing director at Motors.co.uk, added: ‘Our mission has always been to make buying and selling cars easier. The deal with eBay would allow us to take this to the next level and we’re very excited about what it potentially means for our team members, our consumers and our advertisers.

Consumers have never heard about Motor's, how can you make it easier when when you are a non idendity.  Total bullshit, consumers look on ....... Same as carguru, autovolva, etc the list is endless of .......

Consumers have never heard about Motor's, how can you make it easier when when you are a non idendity. Thats bullshit, consumers look on Autotrader 

• Like 1

I can understand Ebay,a multi billion dollar Corp,taking Motors.Its up and running with a customer base and probably very cheap and most of the trade has either heard of or tried Motors.As Ebay would probably be disallowed from buying AT which in any case is valued at over £3b ,they just tack Motors onto Ebay motors and Gumtree and then spend millions on marketing.For a Corp. like Ebay it is virtually petty cash.

3 minutes ago, trade vet said:

I can understand Ebay,a multi billion dollar Corp,taking Motors.Its up and running with a customer base and probably very cheap and most of the trade has either heard of or tried Motors.As Ebay would probably be disallowed from buying AT which in any case is valued at over £3b ,they just tack Motors onto Ebay motors and Gumtree and then spend millions on marketing.For a Corp. like Ebay it is virtually petty cash.

i would like to think the future is bright on this one

but

ebay

dont really listen to anyone but themselves

so

although the idea is good i will wait to see the outcome by sitting on the fence

im sure it will pass the monopolies commission or whatever its called as everything else passes

I think there's a deeper play here, Cox own autotrader.com, they've deep enough pockets to buy autotrader.co.uk, they bought motors and tried to make it work but failed miserably. Cox and autotrader are working together on dealer auction and autotradermail. I reckon they'll be lining up a bid for it very soon. eBay and Gumtree never worked for me except for selling a few very cheap trade ins a few years ago, couldn't make it work selling the volume I needed for my main stock. Motors is very cheap and the reps rings every other month with a free offer so might try it again if they up their game or offer something new.

2 hours ago, RH Trading said:

I think there's a deeper play here, Cox own autotrader.com, they've deep enough pockets to buy autotrader.co.uk, they bought motors and tried to make it work but failed miserably. Cox and autotrader are working together on dealer auction and autotradermail. I reckon they'll be lining up a bid for it very soon. eBay and Gumtree never worked for me except for selling a few very cheap trade ins a few years ago, couldn't make it work selling the volume I needed for my main stock. Motors is very cheap and the reps rings every other month with a free offer so might try it again if they up their game or offer something new.

Even a free trial did nothing for us.

• Like 1