Sign in to follow this  
Arfur Dealy

What REALLY bugs you !

Apart from middle lane hoggers...... 

It really really bugs me when people call ( I'm busy ) and they aren't courtious enough to leave a polite voicemail. Its so fecking rude in my book, I always leave a message, its just polite......

And then you get they feckers which'll call you x4 within 10 minutes, what planet are these people on... 

1 minute ago, Arfur Dealy said:

It really really bugs me when people call ( I'm busy ) and they aren't courtious enough to leave a polite voicemail. Its so fecking rude in my book, I always leave a message, its just polite......

And then you get they feckers which'll call you x4 within 10 minutes, what planet are these people on... 

What’s a call? 

(Joking, i’ve had a few these past couple of days)

2 minutes ago, boring dave said:

men in shorts

even my postman has covered up this week

My dent man turned up in shorts yesterday morning. I’m half considering putting the heating on ffs. 

People who turn up late to an appointment. I don't know why people think it is acceptable to book an appointment at 10 and roll up at 11.15 or later. Just plain rude if you ask me. 

1 minute ago, James01 said:

People who turn up late to an appointment. I don't know why people think it is acceptable to book an appointment at 10 and roll up at 11.15 or later. Just plain rude if you ask me. 

I always call and text in the hours leading up to the apt. If people don’t respond I know they’re not coming. Everyone (so far) who’s going to be late let’s me know. 

Customers that think they know everything.. 

Perfect example earlier today, a customer comes to see a car which is ex lease, high mileage but well maintained including a recent cambelt change less than 2 months ago by the main dealer.

Looks around the bonnet and proclaims 'I was a mechanic for Rover, there is no way this car has seen a cambelt change!' 

How's that mr customer? 

'well, there are no marks on the screws and the engine mount is undisturbed, everything looks original'

I didn't argue, instead rang the dealer in question and they confirmed it had a cambelt in July this year and sent me the invoice through by email. 

Customer 'well those main dealers lie all the time!'

At this point, I knew he was mentally disturbed and dropped him back off to the train station, no doubt he will leave a bad review saying I wasted his time (he travelled over 4 hours)

That's enough for today. 

7 minutes ago, boring dave said:

men in shorts

even my postman has covered up this week

Especially these overweight older guys with Snow White legs wth tattoos.They think they look good.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Arfur Dealy said:

I had this the other evening. 

My phone was ringing constantly from 8pm on a Saturday night which I decided (quite rightly) not to answer. No messages left. 

She phoned back the following morning to book an appointment. 

They arrived looking at the car for their daughter (enough said), it was the MOST painful experience of my life. The Dad turned into a mechanic and ripped the car apart then test drove it wanting to make sure the ABS was working so was slamming the brakes on constantly. 

They left ‘thinking about it’ then the daughter text a few days later saying her ‘financial advisor’ has advised her it’s not the right time for her to be buying a car of that value. 

£5k. 

8 minutes ago, Del Boy said:

I had this the other evening. 

My phone was ringing constantly from 8pm on a Saturday night which I decided (quite rightly) not to answer. No messages left. 

She phoned back the following morning to book an appointment. 

They arrived looking at the car for their daughter (enough said), it was the MOST painful experience of my life. The Dad turned into a mechanic and ripped the car apart then test drove it wanting to make sure the ABS was working so was slamming the brakes on constantly. 

They left ‘thinking about it’ then the daughter text a few days later saying her ‘financial advisor’ has advised her it’s not the right time for her to be buying a car of that value. 

£5k. 

Clearly the punter was a pain from the start.No way would I have let them have a demo.

1 minute ago, trade vet said:

Clearly the punter was a pain from the start.No way would I have let them have a demo.

me neither

they took over the sale and spanked him

then threw salt in the open wound days later

nasty people but thanks for sharing it DB

29 minutes ago, EPV said:

My dent man turned up in shorts yesterday morning. I’m half considering putting the heating on ffs. 

The mrs put the heating on today....

28 minutes ago, James01 said:

Agreed !!

I tell them, I work to a strict schedule so please be punctual....... Ive even said to people before...if you had to pick up a £1m lottery win at 11am you would be on time, so fecking make sure your with me on time.  

43 minutes ago, boring dave said:

men in shorts

What would even possess someone in this weather?! 

My handover today turned up in shorts and a jacket as it was lashing it down, then once we’d done all the paperwork proceeded to spend an hour on his mobile in my office arranging (not swapping over) his insurance!

Thats my pet hate, customers not arranging insurance before collecting no matter how many times I ask them to.. 

My son, his lives wouldnt be worth living without the x-box

At his age i was out there three jobs and flat out bashing anything in a skirt, thank god i dont live in scotland.

1 minute ago, c_cars said:

What would even possess someone in this weather?! 

My handover today turned up in shorts and a jacket as it was lashing it down, then once we’d done all the paperwork proceeded to spend an hour on his mobile in my office arranging (not swapping over) his insurance!

Thats my pet hate, customers not arranging insurance before collecting no matter how many times I ask them to.. 

I'm with you..... When theyve paid, done the docs and then they mention, oh insurance I tell them I have to leave and usher them outside.... Got to be done...

6 minutes ago, Arfur Dealy said:

I'm with you..... When theyve paid, done the docs and then they mention, oh insurance I tell them I have to leave and usher them outside.... Got to be done...

Would have loved to do that today just our opening hours state 4pm close! 

What about when you can’t get parked at the block.Then some big shot in a Bentley with a vanity plate cruises in and are welcomed through the gate.More often than not,these guys are frauds and later on either go bust or do a runner leaving financial havoc.I was talking to a guy this week who has recently stopped working for a similar guy as he could not take any more.Apparently this one buys his stock with BCA stocking money.Then after so long transfers the stock to another stocking facility.This guy personally leases some big smoker with the vanity plate and makes sure he has the latest iPhone ( are they a grand now).We have  all seen them come and go and they really annoy me.

In no particular order:

1. The way some customers (punters rather) have no regard for the seller's time or the seller's ability to earn a profit from a deal

2. The way they describe their part exchanges on the phone vs the actual condition of their chariots

3. Some of the questions they ask on the phone while reading the right answer in my advert text

4. When a finance company tells me the customer is approved on my £13K car but are only willing to lend them £6K

5. Wanting to go on a test drive before they've even shook my hand Hello

6. Saying "Milk and two sugars please" when I go inside to get the keys for the car they've come for

7. Being early, late or (God forbid) unannounced for a viewing

1 hour ago, Arfur Dealy said:

And then you get they feckers which'll call you x4 within 10 minutes

They want to leave their deposit quickly. 

"Hi, you've reached the voicemail of Simon. Due to the high volume of calls if you are calling to urgently secure YOUR vehicle with a deposit please send a transfer with the funds to XX-XX-XX, account XXXXXXXX using the vehicle reg number as payment reference"

6 minutes ago, Nick M.K. said:

In no particular order:

1. The way some customers (punters rather) have no regard for the seller's time or the seller's ability to earn a profit from a deal

2. The way they describe their part exchanges on the phone vs the actual condition of their chariots

3. Some of the questions they ask on the phone while reading the right answer in my advert text

4. When a finance company tells me the customer is approved on my £13K car but are only willing to lend them £6K

6. Saying "Milk and two sugars please" when I go inside to get the keys for the car they've come for

4) That used to happen in the old days when you rarely got declines.Rather than decline a deal and cause ill feeling,finance companies would cover themselves with the future value of the merchandise should the punter default.General Guarantee springs to mind.

1 hour ago, justina3 said:

thank god i dont live in scotland.

LOL, why, there's plenty of fit skirt up here to nail, the local lads are always too pissed and they like an older fella :D

15 minutes ago, Nick M.K. said:

In no particular order:

+1 Spot on ;) 

Mine mainly revolve around social media and the cretins that come in to my living room via my laptop screen.

People on Facebook groups who feel the need to ask thee most dumb ass questions. Answers that would have a click or two on Google and get you a much quicker and from the horses mouth answer

Top of my list is the T5 Forum facebook page. Almost on a weekly basis they have debates about people who wave or dont wave at total strangers in T5's.

Front end Friday, Same people posting the same front end pics weekly.  Rinse and repeat

Side on Saturday, Same people posting the same side on pics weekly.  Rinse and repeat

Photo of the dash showing EML, with "Whats up with my van and how much will it cost?" 

People who pick up dog shit but feel the need to tie the dog shit back to a branch or wire fence! 

In a rush and being stuck behind a Nissan Micra, Nissan Note or Honda Jazz

• Like 1

1 hour ago, justina3 said:

My son, his lives wouldnt be worth living without the x-box

At his age i was out there three jobs and flat out bashing anything in a skirt, thank god i dont live in scotland.

+1

2 hours ago, c_cars said:

Would have loved to do that today just our opening hours state 4pm close! 

I meet billies at my unit for collection only.  That’s why punctuality is important, lateness is just wasting my time.