Sign in to follow this  
Arfur Dealy

What REALLY bugs you !

1 minute ago, Arfur Dealy said:

I agree you write like you born here

You should see the writing of my kids that WERE born here. Shocking :-)

1 minute ago, Nick M.K. said:

You should see the writing of my kids that WERE born here. Shocking :-)

Very subtle, I missed "were". Dixlexicts rule KO

Just now, Arfur Dealy said:

Very subtle, I missed "were"

I am sorry, I didn't want to emphasise that YOU missed it but wanted to emphasise that THEY WERE born here (and their spelling is still s**t)  

Just now, Nick M.K. said:

I am sorry, I didn't want to emphasise that YOU missed it but wanted to emphasise that THEY WERE born here (and their spelling is still s**t)  

Thought so :) 

We do fixed pricing, 2x polite signs inside and outside the office stating this. Customers opening line - “we’re a cash buyer, no px, what can you knock off for us?”

customers that make comments about our courtesy car “oh it’s a bit smaller than I’m used to”. Walk then. 

Same customers that don’t replace the fuel, or we had one recently that used it to cart his dog around (while we were doing a DPF regen and clean as goodwill) “oh great thanks for bringing it back with no fuel and I had nothing else to do tonight anyways, I’ll get George out and hoover up all your stinking dogs hair”

Customers that want their shed px valued despite already admitting we don’t have what they are after. 

Same customer back 8 months later expecting the same

DA or Sytner appraisals carried out by the apprentice coffee maker

phoning 1 hour before arrival, to then arrive and be met with “it’s just at the compound” 

Edited by NickGCS
  • Like 1

As is his knowledge of colloquial English :D:D:D

14 hours ago, Nick M.K. said:

I don't know about speaking but my spelling and grammar are certainly way above average :lol: 

People asking for a test drive with no intention of completing a purchase.

Since moving to the unit, one advantage is that the cars look and stay cleaner for longer and a test drive (expecially when wet) means I have to reclean the car AND the floor.

A clear sign in each car window has done the trick.

Test drives will only be performed after a sale has been agreed.  If during the test drive the car does not function or perform properly, you are under no ibligation to complete the purchase.

I can of course exercise my discretion but so far, it has chased off two billies from a test drive although one did buy (and had a test drive after agreeing the value) and the other is back today to test drive the car he couldn't on Saturday becuase I told him I need to know if he wants it first.

• Like 1

Nice move Mark. 

No doubt it will put some people’s noses out of joint as “how will I know if I like it if I can’t drive it” to which the answer is why WOULDNT you like it if it drives as i’m telling you, I.e without fault? 

2 hours ago, EPV said:

Nice move Mark. 

No doubt it will put some people’s noses out of joint as “how will I know if I like it if I can’t drive it” to which the answer is why WOULDNT you like it if it drives as i’m telling you, I.e without fault? 

decent people always understand

lots of my customers i have to insist on a drive after agreement to purchase

those that kick up a fuss rarely buy unless genuinely unsure of your reasons till explained

i wont put a sign up though,some of my customers cant read:D

I would say around 80% of my buyers don't test drive prior to paying the balance, they walk round the car confirm my description its accurate and they pay,  20 mins max including pleasantries :)

I know, I know, it surprises me too........

15 hours ago, Arfur Dealy said:

I would say around 80% of my buyers don't test drive prior to paying the balance, they walk round the car confirm my description its accurate and they pay,  20 mins max including pleasantries :)

I know, I know, it surprises me too........

Do many of yours look at the documents etc  

I find less and less are bothered in driving or looking at paperwork if the car is as it was described.

35 minutes ago, Rory RSC said:

Simon's? All of them. It's in his video. 

Mine? I make them look at the documents as soon as they mention Test Drive. I keep them on my desk for a few minutes and look at them looking at the docs. If they don't like a gap in a service book or something similar (the surname of the previous owner) we sometimes save the test drive time.

1 hour ago, Rory RSC said:

I find less and less are bothered in driving or looking at paperwork if the car is as it was described.

No they don't look at the docs either, thats because I have shown them every stamp in the book, V5, MOT recipts etc already in the video. 

No surprises on collection......... I tell them in the vid :)

Simon's model is excellent, works for him, but then I feel Nick is selling the right Vehicles for his location, too many variables depending on too many factors in this game.

If it's working for you then don't fockwit :)

19 hours ago, boring dave said:

i wont put a sign up though,some of my customers cant read:D

LOL, reminds me when I first put up a sign stating Hours of Business ............ DO NOT Knock at House

After a while I realised, a lot of my locals actually cannot read............... They understand Fuck Off and come back Monday 8am tho :D

I've only had 2 who kept on thinking they could bang on my door at 10pm etc, and I point blank told them, 3 strikes, after the 2nd time one has turned into a really good customer, and the other I then refused point blank to piss on him if he was on fire, he now has to drive 120 mile round trip to Inverness or use one of the local bodgit and scarpers ;)

• Like 1