Sign in to follow this  
Arfur Dealy

“Dippy” the Peugeot 107 Auto

Named “Dippy” by my boys.... it’s crap, I used to have a Garelli bicycle/moped that had more power !! 

Probably saving us all the indignity at watching such a hideous car

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, EPV said:

Probably saving us all the indignity at watching such a hideous car

Like.

It’s a really boring video, pointing out bad paint, vandal scratched and a rant about how poor the engine and gearbox are. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Mark101 said:

Didn't you pay them your deposit :lol:

Being a good customer I paid upfront. I knew exactly what I was getting prior to collection, and to be fair I got exactly what I was expecting. 

I had a Jazz Cvt in Thailand in March and that was very impressive small car. 

18 minutes ago, Arfur Dealy said:

Like.

It’s a really boring video, pointing out bad paint, vandal scratched and a rant about how poor the engine and gearbox are. 

My neighbour has one and the sound reminds me of how the original VW beetles sounded. They had the excuse of being produced 50 years ago and at least looked cool. The Peugeot has no such excuses.

The manual version are equally as poor hence the insurance companies liking them.

I had a cheap Aygo the other month - went within a few days.

Tbh I was surprised that for such a modern car how much of a horrible vibratory heap of shit it was. The basic engine’s fine and has an ‘unburstable’ feel but evidently Toyota/PSA spent precisely £zero on NVH improvements with raucous engine bay noise transmitted into the cab fighting with wind noise & road noise - I’ve not got the best hearing but by the time I’d thrashed it along the dual carriageway at 90 for 20 miles my head was bouncing. My first car was a Chevette & I don’t recall that being anywhere as bad as these horrid devices.

PS tbh I don’t rate Yarises much better.

10 minutes ago, BHM said:

Tbh I was surprised that for such a modern car how much of a horrible vibratory heap of shit it was. The basic engine’s fine and has an ‘unburstable’ feel but evidently Toyota/PSA spent precisely £zero on NVH improvements with raucous engine bay noise transmitted into the cab fighting with wind noise & road noise - I’ve not got the best hearing but by the time I’d thrashed it along the dual carriageway at 90 for 20 miles my head was bouncing. My first car was a Chevette & I don’t recall that being anywhere as bad as these horrid devices.

PS tbh I don’t rate Yarises much better.

I had a Chevette, tried selling the plate ALF 225S (didn't happen)

Everyone I've ever had has flown out. A few years ago I had one in canary yellow and literally had people fighting over it.

i would advise not to buy the auto version as even the manufacturer never got them right

an early jazz  is best

Edited by boring dave

1 hour ago, sparky said:

Everyone I've ever had has flown out. A few years ago I had one in canary yellow and literally had people fighting over it.

Same here, canary yellow auto flew out in 2 days

7 hours ago, Mark101 said:

I had a Chevette, tried selling the plate ALF 225S (didn't happen)

Have you ever actually met anyone called ALF225S? :lol:

Hi Simon, great video! What's your postcode? I need to get to you before David does! :P

On 24/08/2018 at 5:23 PM, BHM said:

Tbh I was surprised that for such a modern car how much of a horrible vibratory heap of shit it was.

This, years ago I 'smoked' around in one of these for a few weeks. Used it all over the place and up and down the motorway. It only had a couple of thousand miles on the clock and it was a shed. Horrible engine, horrible gearchange, heavy clutch. It's amazing that what is such a small car could be such hard work.

I'm guessing the key to owning cars of this type is to be young, fit and like loud music!:lol: