Im not normally one to moan about having a bad month, its part of the job but this month has been my worst ever, out of 23 cars in stock just 3 sold and and none of them were good margins!!!! strange job sometimes

Same here mate. Shaping up to be our worst month ever. I was reassured to see your post so I thought I should comment and return the favour. It'll sort out :)

Thanks mate, sods law, its the month vat is due, tax is due and just took on an employee, I should have known lol

Worst month of the year for me so far. We are always busy, always loads going on never a dull moment the last 10 days has been dead. Signs of improving over the weekend.

Just ride it out, no point slashing prices etc just make sure everything is priced optimally already with some really good pics, video etc etc and you will be good.

Our VAT month too, and pretty much in same boat, think we've done 11 so way short of where we need to be but we still have two full weekends to go so we could all catch up yet :)

Polar opposite for me, stock of 10, 5 gone and two more very likely to be gin this time next week. I know it will be my turn soon! 

15 minutes ago, palomine motors said:

A perfect storm of a decent World Cup, great weather and the pre Aug holiday slump. It will all come good.

Couldn't agree more, I've been in this trade all my life.

Luckily these days I'm aklways booked in the workshop in advance and the few Cars a month all but sell themselves.

It will all come good !!

15 minutes ago, palomine motors said:

A perfect storm of a decent World Cup, great weather and the pre Aug holiday slump. It will all come good.

Best July I've ever had I'm afraid I'm not doing anything different either. 

Just now, Tom said:

Best July I've ever had I'm afraid I'm not doing anything different either. 

Well done mate good to hear someones having it good.

11 minutes ago, Rory RSC said:

Well done mate good to hear someones having it good.

Cheers it will swap next month Im sure! 

Yup my phone hasnt Rung since begining of july. Other than one text from the usual "£1k cash today m8 no Messin"

14 here so no too bad. No AT bill either. ;o)

I do agree it’s the lull before the storm too. Let’s hope so anyway. If Rory is quiet too then it’s def not just you OP  

As I always say -it’s the best or the worst job in the world this game....

Not so up here, but when I was SE I always used to find that the Motor trade was famine or feast !!

That's why I started buying and selling, I'd buy nice Cars with stuffed Trans and then when workshop was quiet we had work to do, money came back in when they all sold ;) 

Buying some work basically ;) Good thing about that was we didn't "Dress Up" those Transmissions with Paint etc, so they didn't get a 12 mth Warranty, just whatever warranty the Car was sold with at that time :D

Usually statutory :lol:

It’s a funny old game...

I often try to think what else we could do as sideline when there’s downtime.  I’ve never been able to come up with anything. 

I know some on here have workshops and others dabble in property. Be interesting to hear what you all do if anything. 

Same here, worst month of the year so far which has been a fairly good year to be fair.

There are signs of recovery this week so I hope it's a good end to the month for us all! 

Not dire,but deff. not busy in the sunny northwest.Anyway, week off in the Lakes next week,hope they sell a few while we are away,regards to all

Similar here June I sold 21 out of 25 in stock, this month only 8 thus far but I was away for the first week and July is normally a quieter month.

Buying has been painful also, either silly money or horrible needing loads of prep. 

Not bad 7 so far for me, but mainly cheapies with lower margins. I've managed to stock up so hoping for a big finish to the month. There's still more than a third of the month left guys with two weekends. But, looking at my stats the last time I sold a car at the weekend was on the 11th March, how weird is that ?........Remember this game is a rollercoaster.

5 hours ago, NOACROSS said:

It’s a funny old game...

I often try to think what else we could do as sideline when there’s downtime.  I’ve never been able to come up with anything. 

I know some on here have workshops and others dabble in property. Be interesting to hear what you all do if anything. 

I don't know how you could do anything as a sideline, even when it's quiet you have to be ready to show a billy a car when they call so it's not like you could get involved elsewhere.

21 minutes ago, EPV said:

I don't know how you could do anything as a sideline, even when it's quiet you have to be ready to show a billy a car when they call so it's not like you could get involved elsewhere.

It’s not that hard but no way you could do it on your own. 

Bolt on business is always the best business as the cost savings are where you Make your money up in the quiet times.

4 minutes ago, justina3 said:

Bolt on business is always the best business as the cost savings are where you Make your money up in the quiet times.

/\ /\ /\ LIKE

4 minutes ago, justina3 said:

It’s not that hard but no way you could do it on your own. 

Think thats the dream for most! Have a passive tick over business that trickles money in to pay the bills when its quite!