Sign in to follow this  
Marc

High mileage corsa's

Hi Im a registered sole trader, I have trade plates and insurance but a million miles away from a proper dealer in experience, knowledge and services. 

I have a good contact for ex nhs cars, who has been true to his word and gave me a list of vehicles. I was hoping for the odd van but no can do and it's all vauxhall corsa's mostly 2014 models ranging from 7k  to 100k miles. There's a couple of high mileage 1.2 16V ecoFLEX SS 85 EU5 S AC at webuyanycar prices. FSH with long mots.

I've never owned nor sold a vauxhall, v limited knowledge! I trade from home and my train of thought is to go for the high mileage cheap as chips option where people won't need finance to purchase. On the other hand are those high mileage corsa's a ticking time bomb? 

You have to ask yourself how many people out there will have £3-5k cash sitting around who will be happy to buy a car with a 1.2 engine and 100k on. Sounds like a pretty rare customer to me. 

Personally I'd rather spend my money on drugs and prostitutes  than any high mileage Vauxhall.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, EPV said:

You have to ask yourself how many people out there will have £3-5k cash sitting around who will be happy to buy a car with a 1.2 engine and 100k on. Sounds like a pretty rare customer to me. 

+1. Although my own personal thoughts are with “Marc” the reality in truth is this. Never mind £3-5K, with small cars even if it’s £1500 on an 09 then 100,000 miles+ kills them stone dead (I know, I’ve got one and haven’t opened the door).

In my mind those miley Corsas (and all small cars) are virtually unsellable. Unfortunately the small car market is fickle & full of fussy short-arm/deep-pocket punters.

I have sold Corsas with upto 115K on the clock and it always takes a few weeks / months and the margins are stupid (£400 - £500).

Not worth the hassle for me in my opinion.

10 minutes ago, AutoJacob said:

I have sold Corsas with upto 115K on the clock and it always takes a few weeks / months and the margins are stupid (£400 - £500).

Not worth the hassle for me in my opinion.

That much! I’ve kept reducing & now got about £120 wiped across one & it’s still of absolutely no f***ing interest to anyone. A shame because I actually don’t mind Corsas but for a selling proposition I might as well stick up an advertising sign next to the local school with a picture of Gary Glitter’s face on it.

• Like 1

Sad thing is that if it's got to 100k then it's probably had the Chain done :D

Corsa's are one of the hardest sellers to make sensible money from unless you are buying them at half of book and selling them at bottom book.

I hammer them if they come in as a part exchange as you just can't shift them and the buyers are right pain pointing out the tyres and brakes are not new every time without fail. 

• Like 1

Yeah, the sort of folk who buy these are a PITA, and also because there is so many of them out there they can, I suppose, afford to be fussy ....................

Thing that really saddens me is when I know it is a sound solid Car, and they walk away and end up buying a shed for £100 less, which usually ends up in my Workshop lol 

My uniqueness in the area is good though, a lot of folks who buy cars from me know from word of mouth that it will be a good one, and if it does come back for whatever in the first 3 months, I'll just fix it and give it back. I've sold many a Car over the phone and been paid before they've even seen it !!

Edited by Dave2302

Hi Marc, theres only one way you can find out and thats to buy one. I agree, the market for a small high mileage corsa diesel is a limited one, but at the right money you will sell it.So if you can buy it right (and it sounds like you can) then get one and give it a go.if you can get one which is averaging 15k per annum, you should be ok.

If youre a new starter, it could be something that works well for you long term, and if your cash is sat there doing nothing, then give it a go. If it doesnt work, dont do it again, if it does, keep doing it till it doesnt. This job is all about finding out what works for you. Just dont buy 6 at once.

Theres a bum for every seat.

hi marc if you can nick em buy em

hear them run ie so they dont sound like a skeleton having a wank in a dustbin,if they do bid even less and get them fixed

its not a biggy just a little bit tight on space to do

other thing is do not buy red totally do not buy red,they dont seem to sell at all

• Like 1

Just now, mrs maybe said:

ie so they dont sound like a skeleton having a wank in a dustbin

PMSL, I just spat my coffee over the Monitor, still it needed a clean ;) 

8 hours ago, mrs maybe said:

hear them run ie so they dont sound like a skeleton having a wank in a dustbin,

HAHAHA, that’s the funniest thing I’ve read in years. I was howling & had to explain to the Mrs. 

8 hours ago, Matt Reid said:

Hi Marc, theres only one way you can find out and thats to buy one. I agree, the market for a small high mileage corsa diesel

A Corsa DIESEL!!????!!!!!! You must be blood joking! I assumed he meant petrol, that pitiful 1248cc piece of shit is horrid. Marc, if they’re diesel don’t touch the little bas****s!!

10 hours ago, Rory RSC said:

Corsa's are one of the hardest sellers to make sensible money from unless you are buying them at half of book and selling them at bottom book.

I hammer them if they come in as a part exchange as you just can't shift them and the buyers are right pain pointing out the tyres and brakes are not new every time without fail. 

I wish you’d told me 4 months ago! Mine has FSH, NEW TYRES & NEW BRAKE DISCS & PADS but I’ve not had chance to show them off!! I’ve not opened the door to a single punter!! Even the greedy scum don’t want a Corsa nowadays! I’ll be driven to my grave in my Corsa. Argghhhh!!!!

Anyone else feel mk7 Fiestas are too dear for what they are ?

Seems some garages have stoppes stocking them. The competition must be horrendous.

Wheres earunder?

9 hours ago, mrs maybe said:

hear them run ie so they dont sound like a skeleton having a wank in a dustbin,if they do bid even less and get them fixed

Superb. Nicking that. 

3 hours ago, twerp said:

Anyone else feel mk7 Fiestas are too dear for what they are ?

Seems some garages have stoppes stocking them. The competition must be horrendous.

Wheres earunder?

They aren’t worth a wank - not even from that skeleton in the dustbin.

Marc....I would say that ex NHS 14 plate Corsas with 100k would have to be £2500 to sell for a doorstepper.For a pitch,I think they would do £3000 (good for £100 dep £20 per week stock)......How much are they ?

7 minutes ago, BHM said:

They aren’t worth a wank - not even from that skeleton in the dustbin.

im so a non ford person i am not even sure i know what he  mk7 shape is

4 minutes ago, trade vet said:

Marc....I would say that ex NHS 14 plate Corsas with 100k would have to be £2500 to sell for a doorstepper.For a pitch,I think they would do £3000 (good for £100 dep £20 per week stock)......How much are they ?

ha ha man sniffing:D:D

I've not seen them yet so I can't say about condition .100k corsas are just over 2k. 

I got list with eleven corsa's mostly petrol and low mileage with the exception of an orange diesel and the two with the high miles. 

I totally get you'll never know until you try but the thought of corsa's joining my green fiesta on the drive for months on end is a worry. 

I appreciate the advice/opinions given. cheers

3 hours ago, Arfur Dealy said:

I don’t buy any type of Vauxhall. Full stop, end of story. 

Like. You are a smart man.

Astra VXR's and low balled part ex's are all I will take. I never sell a vauxhall and don't see it again. Always back for something.