Sign in to follow this  
Dan W

Looking at sold cars.

Not sure anyone else has this happen to them but its a slight annoyance to me.

we have a lovely sized pitch roughly about 70 used cars all nicely lined up price boards In cars clean and so on.....

we also have in the far corner a section for our sold stuff its right at the back In the corner and its clearly where are sold cars are, all have sold boards in them way away from the pitch and yet we still get people wander straight over there and start pressing their faces on the windows looking in.....

perfect example 30 mins ago, 2 fellas about 40ish drive onto our car park get out of their car and walk straight to our sold section..... spend 5 mins looking in them and I wander out to ask if I can help to be asked stuff like are all these sold.... yes they have sold in them..... what was the mileage on those..... and my favourite can I sit in that one..... no sorry its sold....

sorry that's my gripe of the day :(

50 minutes ago, Dan W said:

we have a lovely sized pitch roughly about 70 used cars all nicely lined up price boards In cars clean and so on.....

we also have in the far corner a section for our sold stuff its right at the back In the corner and its clearly where are sold cars are, all have sold boards in them way away from the pitch and yet we still get people wander straight over there and start pressing their faces on the windows looking in.....

perfect example 30 mins ago, 2 fellas about 40ish drive onto our car park get out of their car and walk straight to our sold section..... spend 5 mins looking in them and I wander out to ask if I can help to be asked stuff like are all these sold.... yes they have sold in them..... what was the mileage on those..... and my favourite can I sit in that one..... no sorry its sold....

Try ‘reserved ‘ tickets instead,it does not generate the same reaction from nosey punters or time wasters.

Best stock always sells and you’re left with the old faces or harder to shift stuff. Also, how many times do you get not a sausage on a car for weeks/months and then once it’s sold you get a couple of other sniffs on it!

Yay! The Professionals on ITV4 + 1 and then The Persuaders recorded on the TiVo  for the next three hours!  Nothing else on. :0)

Edited by NOACROSS

11 minutes ago, trade vet said:

it does not generate the same reaction from nosey punters or time wasters.

Or rival start-up dealers going from pitch to pitch to see what gathers dust and what actually sold. 

• Like 1

quickest way to get interest in a car was always to put sold in it,if i have 2 cars exactly the same i always put sold in one of them otherwise they feel they  missed something,you then  tell them the car unsold is actually the better car:)

3 hours ago, Dan W said:

Put all the cars in the sold section and say, they have only left a deposit, if you can better their offer...................it's yours :D

• Like 1

Ha. ‘Experience mate, experience ‘. ;0)

Primrose Yellow. Now that was a brave choice. 

Aston Martin insisted on sending a mechanic with it everywhere it went and to drive it /fix it when it invariably broke down. 

Edited by NOACROSS

4 hours ago, Dan W said:

Pikeys?

Be careful!

11 hours ago, Area 51 said:

Pikeys?

Be careful!

not pikeys just nosey fellas, sometimes we do get oh im a friend of the person whos bought it just was asked to have a look at it...... but no these guys literally wanted to piss about wasting time

• Like 1

4 hours ago, tradex said:

They all want the sold one don't they, just like the usual messers, when it's sold it a case of "ohh, it must of been a good one then?, I want it now":D

Yep, cos most of these tosspots are the “Nearly men”. 

“I nearly bought this”, “I nearly bought that”. The go through their whole f***ing lives nearly doing this, nearly did that. Bellends.

29 minutes ago, BHM said:

“I nearly bought this”, “I nearly bought that”. The go through their whole f***ing lives nearly doing this, nearly did that. Bellends.

you forgot the gunners

40 minutes ago, BHM said:

:lol:

They say i would have bought that aswell when you know fine well if it was sfs they would hum and haw till cows came home.