Sign in to follow this  
twerp

BCA - UKCGR Select

Been a while since I have looked at any UKCGR Select entries 

Are they still all dogs ?

• Like 1

No not all of them. Worth a browse If you’re struggling to find decent stock elsewhere and you need sub £5k stuff. 

Just remember that the better stuff will be in the ‘premium’ section.

• Like 1

I find that all the WBAC entries go for more than the main dealer entries.. maybe they earn more commission for the auctioneers?

9 hours ago, AutoJacob said:

I find that all the WBAC entries go for more than the main dealer entries

There is an auctioneer at Blackbushe, usually in Hall 2. He often starts a UKCGR Select Lot at Cap Clean and then just leaves the Live Online bidders to battle it out. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Nick M.K. said:

There is an auctioneer at Blackbushe, usually in Hall 2. He often starts a UKCGR Select Lot at Cap Clean and then just leaves the Live Online bidders to battle it out. 

Same at Manchester Belle Vue, used to wonder where his fantasy bid was from - then I saw it was CAP CLEAN, so there an then knew the lot was screwed .. NEXT

Good when they dont get a bid though, then they need to work the hall and you need to watch for bids coming back off the walls!! Shill bidding of a sort

18 minutes ago, Area 51 said:

you need to watch for bids coming back off the walls!!

"Commission bid with me. Still with me! Still with me!" :-)

If you sell small cheaper stuff for example there are definateley good buying opportunities in Select section.However I think you must be there to inspect them because there is also some crap.This time last year as an exercise,I bought 4 super low mileage small cars for mental money out of the Select section at Newcastle.They all sold quite quickly with minimum prep.Unfortunateley our guys stopped me from buying more because there was no good swappers or chucky and they prefer doing ex fleet stuff.

On a related note: Do you think that WBAC, WWAC and similar companies were partly to blame for the end of "the good times" by steering the selling public away from the local trade and taking away opportunities??

6 minutes ago, Nick M.K. said:

On a related note: Do you think that WBAC, WWAC and similar companies were partly to blame for the end of "the good times" by steering the selling public away from the local trade and taking away opportunities??

No the ‘good times’ finished years ago !

24 minutes ago, Nick M.K. said:

Taking away opportunities?

Yes 100%.

i used to buy 90% from Ebay now I’m resigned to chasing it through bca 

Edited by justlooking

I agree with the above but when it comes to customers PX'ing- I quite like it as you can usually give a bit more than WBAC (after pointing out the obvious that the initial figure they give online won't be anywhere near what you get when the pick the car to pieces in the flesh).

Also some punters are really anti them.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Nick M.K. said:

There’s a trader on here who does about 50 a month I believe and he stocks about 75 from what I can make out. Sounds like “the good times” aren’t necessarily extinct for some! 

Just remember don’t be lured into thinking because the cars in Select or Premium  it’s going to be a good one.

The only differences between a car being in Trade, Select or Premium goes on history, mileage and visual condition. Won’t stop it having any major mechanical issues.

1 hour ago, Nick M.K. said:

yes blanket marketing

internet

modern phones

most people now know within reason what their cars worth even if its a scrapper

i used to blitz the local rags with i buy any car/van them days have long gone

i often get wannabe traders in trying to ofload their lemons to me though

their shorts and dealer boots give them away though plus they always need a fag before they come in or a spit on my floor,cctv dont you just love it:D

1 hour ago, EPV said:

There’s a trader on here who does about 50 a month I believe and he stocks about 75 from what I can make out. Sounds like “the good times” aren’t necessarily extinct for some! 

Sounds good,but what do the annual accounts look like.You know what they say....T/O is vanity,profit is sanity !

46 minutes ago, trade vet said:

Sounds good,but what do the annual accounts look like.You know what they say....T/O is vanity,profit is sanity !

Judging by the stock he has (prestige) they usually carry a good margin (they do for me anyway) he’s doing ok 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Nick M.K. said:

It's not so much where the cars come from but the shocking condition of said cars. Whether they trade them in to xyz motors in the high st or WBAC they are still poorly maintained and close to death?