Sign in to follow this  
It's me

dvla information

had the misfortune to need to ring dvla this week chasing up a log book i applied for 3 weeks ago

once you get through they start spouting gdpr at you and your call is important

got through to an arse of a man who refused to answer any questions and refused to confirm they had received my request for a log book

his reply was wait 4 weeks plus and then we can start an enquiry which means you would need to resubmit and go to the back of the queue

fuming i went off the phone

i tried again next day thinking the jobsworth might be on brain training

got a nice lady who basically said the same but advised the car wasnt actually showing as in trade yet from when it was chopped in

ive got a customer for this car so was hoping i could go to the PO and tax it,the lady says no

blow me the loggy book came today

DVLA. 

All the gear, No idea. Totally useless. Rather just put the car down the yard and off sale to avoid the stress. 

Good news for you today though. 

4 minutes ago, RHO said:

DVLA. 

All the gear, No idea. Totally useless. Rather just put the car down the yard and off sale to avoid the stress. 

Good news for you today though. 

hi yes

it wasn't for sale but the customer spied it and wants it

i never offer  cars unless they are ready to retail

much less stress:)

• Like 1

GDPR??? mmmm I wonder if the DVLA are still selling our details to private companies for rip off PCN's. 

Of course. All the private companies have to do is demonstrate legitimate interest in the data. Wanting money from us is as legitimate as it gets :-)

4 hours ago, NoMargin said:

GDPR??? mmmm I wonder if the DVLA are still selling our details to private companies for rip off PCN's. 

Is that a thing?? Had a Focus last year (in our name) got 10 or so PCNs for it down in London. Found it bizarre that someone would do duplicate plates for a car only to park in the same spot day after day.

I can't bare speaking to the DVLA, can just hear that condescending, slooooow, soft Welsh accent now..........

2 hours ago, tradegirl said:

Is that a thing?? Had a Focus last year (in our name) got 10 or so PCNs for it down in London. Found it bizarre that someone would do duplicate plates for a car only to park in the same spot day after day.

I hate even writing the letters DVLA, makes me quiver in disgust! 

Curve ball - I have only good things to say about DVLA. 

I find them knowledgable, helpful and the Online services have really helped speed things up.

The only criticism is the length of time it takes to obtain a replacement log book - otherwise, I get logbooks back in about 3 days.

• Like 1

It must be me. Whenever I’ve had cause to contact the DVLA I’ve immediately got through to the correct person, they’ve handled my query or problem efficiently & resolved it to my satisfaction. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BHM said:

It must be me. Whenever I’ve had cause to contact the DVLA I’ve immediately got through to the correct person, they’ve handled my query or problem efficiently & resolved it to my satisfaction. 

that was before ,please ring them up monday and see what they say

this body is here purely to make money for the goverment its not a public body

reminds me of british gas selling extended warranties and your granny thinks ooh public company they can be trusted and that man in the peaked cap looks just like my grandson...no granny its a plc and they want your money,no ifs no buts just give us the wonga and thats not covered anyway...............

latest from our lovely dvla

i got a letter telling me my latest acquisition with no log book was being processed and a log book would be issued on the 19th june please wait 5 days after this date for it to be processed they say..........

fair enough

postie has just been,,,,,,,,,,,,,with a letter from our good friends (sic) and told me  i cant sorn it as its not in my name

wtf

so hopefully the log book will come before the weekend and i will go online to sorn it

muppets

I have had the excat same thing on a Range Rover swapper.  WFT - just send me the V5, don't tell me you will start it soon and send it soon after that - what a waste of time.

2 hours ago, NOACROSS said:

Reminds me of 'nearly buying an Astra'.  

DVLA are 'doing a benji':D

Must say my dealings have not been too bad; however, it does now sound like another shower using automatically generated letters ( and from a government dept) convinced the only way is Artificial Intelligence, oh the bloody irony...

log book just arrived so i have now resorned online........................ muppy muppets 2 letters and all those trees they murdered

just hope it can be taxed next week when customer comes for it

On 16 June 2018 at 11:44 AM, Mark101 said:

I get logbooks back in about 3 days.

I was the same until my last v5. Nine days and waiting?