12 minutes ago, BHM said:

Sytner? You must like an expensive car - half of it makes retail money & since head office has instructed dealerships to under-declare I’m about to call it a day - the descriptions overnight are diabolical.

Had 2 little cheapie from them in the past 2 weeks. Both good description except Kia Ceed was covered in pigeon crap and took ages to get off after getting baked on. No damage to paint though. 

Think because traders looking at Sytner normally looking at prime these slipped through. Chevy Aveo with no clutch was the other one. Both cheap as Pie & Chips. £36 for the clutch and under 2 hours to ramp on ramp off. 

Hi Guys and Girls,hows June progressing for all?we were tickling along quite niceley thank you,(most of april and may were ok)but last weekend(9/10 june)went a bit quiet and this week has been prety hopeless,today,dead as a dead thing,bit of a strange one on a fiat 500 auto,gone off to do her"sums"and  an apoitment for crv due any time.everything crossed...regrds...Peter 

Started well, the last week has been slow but picked a number of enquiries up yesterday and today with 1 sales subject to finance, 1 viewing tomorrow and 1 PX enquiry.

Full of time wasters at the moment. Luckily sold a few at the beginning of the month! 

Plodding on at a few per week, I’d rather chase £s than units sold. My problem is selling a few sticky ones and replacing stock, but that’s an age old problem.

I will say though that email & phone enquiries have certainly picked-up but unfortunately this week they are virtually all of the unwelcome variety - absolute tossers, the penniless, the greedy and, of course, the unrealistically fussy.

• Like 1

Busy here. Two again today. 

One swallow doesn’t make a summer though....

5 hours ago, NOACROSS said:

Busy here. Two again today. 

One swallow doesn’t make a summer though....

Do you swallow? :lol:

• Like 1

On 6/11/2018 at 11:00 AM, SC Derby said:

Lovely start to the week

2009 V70 with 65k sold and taken their old 2004 V70 2.5 d5 se in pex, 116k on it 

beautiful

part ex retailed out this morning

sadly no 2001 180k V70 in chop though :(

Frustratingly slow month for me, but managed to finish strong with 5 over the last 4 days..... Funny old game this... :rolleyes:

28 minutes ago, Arfur Dealy said:

Frustratingly slow month for me, but managed to finish strong with 5 over the last 4 days..... Funny old game this... :rolleyes:

5 Over the whole month for me! Although an average advertised stock level of 6. Loads in prep in June so 9 up for sale now and two to buy this week. 

12 sold and gone, 1 deposit paid, collect 7th July - total stock 11

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Mark101 said:

12 sold and gone, 1 deposit paid, collect 7th July - total stock 11

Well done Mark! To turn over all your stock is to commended. I hope your margins are good too.  

Thanks NOACROSS - two PX at cost (needed rid) the rest proper (and I do mean proper four figure) margins.

Have more or less reinvested the capital plus profit into more stock and higher value, whilst enjoying a decent wage.

It’s why we do this stuff - right?

Thanks again mate, I’m chuffed to bits with the last two months.

Edited by Mark101
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Mark101 said:

Thanks NOACROSS - two PX at cost (needed rid) the rest proper (and I do mean proper four figure) margins.

Have more or less reinvested the capital plus profit into more stock and higher value, whilst enjoying a decent wage.

It’s why we do this stuff - right?

Thanks again mate, I’m chuffed to bits with the last two months.

Well done that man! I love it when that happens, I mean proper margins for the month... maybe 5 figures? I’ve done it a few times. It makes me wonder if that’s why these ‘newbies’ get into the trade thinking it will happen over night and consistently every month with no losses! 

It’s no surprise they only last 5 minutes then go back to their day job. 

44 minutes ago, Del Boy said:

Well done that man! I love it when that happens, I mean proper margins for the month... maybe 5 figures? I’ve done it a few times. It makes me wonder if that’s why these ‘newbies’ get into the trade thinking it will happen over night and consistently every month with no losses! 

It’s no surprise they only last 5 minutes then go back to their day job. 

leave it............

:lol:

• Like 3

Well in Mark you are doing really well and obviously buying right and pricing right from the start. Those decent margins will only increase now you have rid yourself of Warrantywise.

46 retail cars all gone and collected here.

Now its time to do it all again.

And I was happy with 21 until I read that! ;o) We’ll done mate. 

Doom and gloom, game's dead, etc etc...