Very strong start here this month, both in terms of units sold, profits and overall the general feel is better and busier.

Anyone else experiencing the same? It's nice to be able to say this as the last 3 months of last year were pretty dire. December being my worst trading month by a distance in 7 years.

So far in 2018 

January, February & March - Good

April - average/disappointing

May - Good

June - Very good start.

• Like 1

Done 3 already this month so yes good start to June here too, fair to say Ive been steady all year, worst month was February for units sold but had a couple of cars with decent profit so every month has panned out pretty much the same, not going to get to down hearted if it goes quiet for a few months come November, just going to try and keep buying half decent stock at the right money.

Jan/Feb - Good

March - Bit below average

April - Cracking

June - Steady so far but nothing to shout about

Just now, grant8064 said:

Jan/Feb - Good

March - Bit below average

April - Cracking

June - Steady so far but nothing to shout about

I forgot May - Cracking

• Like 1

Jan/Feb/March - brilliant

April - average

May - very good

June - steady so far. 

I've always found summer to be the slowest season for me. Hoping to change the trend this year! 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DHill said:

Jan/Feb/March - brilliant

April - average

May - very good

June - steady so far. 

I've always found summer to be the slowest season for me. Hoping to change the trend this year! 

exactly same as me then :)

It seems to be mostly positive feedback which is great all round !

Good here, been plodding on nicely for about 5 weeks now. No records being broken, but no complaints (for a change :lol:).

Thanks SC for starting a very positive post, generally these are all doom and gloom and we talk ourselves into a bloody depression

Doing OK here, 6 so far for June, try and aim for 1 per day at least. Sold 8 more last month than May 2017 with same stock level (35) and thankfully margin up slightly on last year so its not at the cost of ppu, keep wondering when it'll dry up but surprisingly busy for this time of year. June and July generally very quiet but seems to have been a steady 12-15 sales per week since February. I've probably jinxed it saying that, World cup/Olympics also seems to keep people away, half of me prays for an early exit when England are playing in World cup or Euro's.

don't know what the reason is, more people coming out of PCP's, Brexit fears not as bad as people suspected? I'm no expert but who cares as long as people keep buying I'm happy

2 sold, 1 engine blown on our stock, and 1 sale in limbo. Guy said he'd come at 6.30pm last night, eventually turned up at 8.30. Car's for his sister. He said he fixes cars for a living, but wasn't sure what the coolant level stick was, nor the jacking points (1 series). "Car drives mint, we'll have it". Said his sister would be over at 9.10am...it's 10am and still a no show.

May... Brokered nearly 100 deals

May... Did 11 car search deals. About average for us. 

Done 2 car search deals so far in June. Got lots of car search customers on the board atm. 

So not too bad. Kind of ticking along. 

28 minutes ago, RhinoHorn said:

May... Brokered nearly 100 deals

May... Did 11 car search deals. About average for us. 

Done 2 car search deals so far in June. Got lots of car search customers on the board atm. 

So not too bad. Kind of ticking along. 

RhinoHorn, what are are car search deals?

Our customers call us up and either ask for a specific car or give us a budget and an idea of what they'd like. 

We then go and find them a car. Give them the details, they give us a deposit. We buy the car, bring it back, hpi it etc then either the customer picks it up or we deliver to their door. 

We do cars from almost new to maybe 5 years old or so. 

Edited by RhinoHorn
Quote wasn't working properly
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, tradegirl said:

2 sold, 1 engine blown on our stock, and 1 sale in limbo. Guy said he'd come at 6.30pm last night, eventually turned up at 8.30. Car's for his sister. He said he fixes cars for a living, but wasn't sure what the coolant level stick was, nor the jacking points (1 series). "Car drives mint, we'll have it". Said his sister would be over at 9.10am...it's 10am and still a no show.

Well done on the sales, which ones did you manage to get rid of and what did you do to make the sales?

7 hours ago, EPV said:

Well done on the sales, which ones did you manage to get rid of and what did you do to make the sales?

Thanks EPV! Sold the Skoda and the 2007 118d. Did nothing really, just sheer luck. I am working on everything else you guys mentioned though :)

We have between 10-13 cars in stock and already sold 8 this month. Viewings today also. Customers absolutely mopping up the 3-5k minis and Audi bmw and merc £3-8k range. Constantly having to buy stock to replenish. 

Sold 2 cars before customer even viewed and paid in full. Crazy.

• Like 1

On 08/06/2018 at 9:12 PM, tradegirl said:

Thanks EPV! Sold the Skoda and the 2007 118d. Did nothing really, just sheer luck. I am working on everything else you guys mentioned though :)

have you managed to start turning it around trade girl? fingers crossed

Lovely start to the week

2009 V70 with 65k sold and taken their old 2004 V70 2.5 d5 se in pex, 116k on it 

beautiful

5 hours ago, Grantlfc81 said:

have you managed to start turning it around trade girl? fingers crossed

Thank you Grant. Not quiiite, but thankful for those two. Got a lot of work to do to turn it around yet, but I'm on it :) Thanks again.
ps. Got one of the two sold back tonight because the injectors are leaking (118d). Hopefully a cheap fix and the good customer service and my charm will bring repeat custom lol.

Edited by tradegirl

6 hours ago, SC Derby said:

Lovely start to the week

2009 V70 with 65k sold and taken their old 2004 V70 2.5 d5 se in pex, 116k on it 

beautiful

That’s a good deal, bet their part ex wil fly out!!! Nice.

21 hours ago, Ocsltd said:

That’s a good deal, bet their part ex wil fly out!!! Nice.

yep - can't ask for much more than that, and certainly hard to get V70 D5s at any age for right money, especially with FSH, 1 previous owner and belt done.

2 hours ago, SC Derby said:

yep - can't ask for much more than that, and certainly hard to get V70 D5s at any age for right money, especially with FSH, 1 previous owner and belt done.

You've got to love 'Volvo people'!! :D

Bet it had half a tank of diesel in it as well?!

7 minutes ago, Ocsltd said:

You've got to love 'Volvo people'!! :D

Bet it had half a tank of diesel in it as well?!

and carpet (i.e. proper carpet you'd have in your dining room) overlaying the boot carpet :lol:

• Like 1

Hmmm

I recently sold a 12 plate V70 done 99000 and took in a 56 plate V70 D5 135000 I sold him 4 years ago, 2 owners full history.

It's got an extra carpet in the boot alright. Dog hair!!!

As for the dents and dings on the paintwork!!!

It ain't beautiful.

You've got to love Volvo people

We've done 4 this month with 11 on AT and another 5 waiting on prep and paint.

Trying to get our stock up to a steady 30  

pitch good for 21 with a few down the yard  

Enjoying it at the moment as most customers seem very happy in the sunshine. 

Tyring to get stock on the other hand is getting more and more difficult. Not been to BCA for years and don't intend to either. We rely on a couple of dealers trade ins and dealer auction/ Sytner. 

A few decent dealers on DA in the Midlands. 

45 minutes ago, RHO said:

We rely on a couple of dealers trade ins and dealer auction/ Sytner

A few decent dealers on DA in the Midlands. 

Sytner? You must like an expensive car - half of it makes retail money & since head office has instructed dealerships to under-declare I’m about to call it a day - the descriptions overnight are diabolical.