Sign in to follow this  
Roberto82

Why traders sell cat D cars for same price like normal cars? I don't get it.

I'm always laughing at dealers selling cat D cars at same price like clean cars wtf??? Or very often around 90% Even at 90% of clean car value I'm not touching them. Million potential issues usually airbags replaced with resistors suspension not straight, radiators leaking electric problems etc etc. I'm talking mostly for high end stock luxury cars BMW X5 etc 2014 plus also these cars loose around 1.5% per month value so I don't get what's the point sitting on them for months...

Funny thing how they determine prices like white colour this exact mileage cost this. So if another next x6 2015se with 25k miles is 33k he think it cost this money lol, but hey there is x6 M Sport 31k miles at 30.5k so 6k miles difference is nothing and M Sport always cost more so SE model for sure should cost much less minimum 1.5k less like M Sport same if there is another 2016model SE x6 for 34k at 25k miles then 2015model for sure must be much less as 33k.... Even if customer specifically search for SE model he will be like wtf I'm not getting good deal there and will wait for sure. 

Haa shiit I knew this could happen bastards lol, and sure some customers bite because they think autotrader checked car. But for expensive cars I think customer still checking hpi for finance etc? Anyway these cars Im talking are showing up as category in autotrader still these traders hope to sell for same or very close price of clean car prices... 

Don’t believe what you hear.There may be the odd headbanger,but the chances are they are also stealing stuff,clocking and cloning.....they get caught.

I've mentioned a few times about the Polish guy on the corner of my road who regularly repairs cars in his front garden. He usually has a couple for sale. He only deals in newish German stuff. He is off his feet busy at the moment. But, he's tapped into the Polish market uniquely, and I don't think they care about Cat D etc, they buy what they see and as long as its BMW/Mercedes/Audi that's all that matters. Interestingly, in the last few weeks he's started doing breakdown recovery.

But, the answer to the OP is, the guys that do salvage seem to price their cars using finger in the wind

Edited by met

I have a cat D Fiat Panda 2007 at the moment, 41K warranted mileage pan roof etc.. they'e doing £2095 + on AT mine is up at £1195.

2 hours ago, AutoJacob said:

I have a cat D Fiat Panda 2007 at the moment, 41K warranted mileage pan roof etc.. they'e doing £2095 + on AT mine is up at £1195.

Pano roof? Didn't know they did those on Pandas

22 hours ago, grant8064 said:

Mustve been the fire brigade cut a hole in the roof to rescue the driver after an accident, hence the CAT D 

I've got a CAT D Citroen DS3 1.6 VTI DStyle (Petrol) for sale now (also have another DS3 which is clear)

64 Plate

18,000 Miles

FSH

Both Keys

1 Former Keeper

I used to paint cars for a living and can't see where the damage happened or repair made - Retail £7,000 give or take a couple or this for £5,000 give or take a couple.

Cracking car

https://www.imperial-marques.co.uk/cars/citroen/ds3/dstyle/192025/

Edited by Mark101

"Why traders sell cat D cars for same price like normal cars? I don't get it."

This title should either be HOW traders sell cat D cars for same price like normal cars?  OR

Why customers buy cat D cars for same price like normal cars?

Don’t worry, we’ve had some of Borat’s rantings in the past.

4 hours ago, Mark101 said:

I've got a CAT D Citroen DS3 1.6 VTI DStyle (Petrol) for sale now (also have another DS3 which is clear)

64 Plate

18,000 Miles

FSH

Both Keys

1 Former Keeper

I used to paint cars for a living and can't see where the damage happened or repair made - Retail £7,000 give or take a couple or this for £5,000 give or take a couple.

Cracking car

https://www.imperial-marques.co.uk/cars/citroen/ds3/dstyle/192025/

Is it £5495 or £4995?

Good point well made, bloody auto description didn’t pick up the fact I increased the price (twice)

thanks for the heads up

Not sure why mark but some of your cars at the bottom are showing as £0

18 minutes ago, SC Derby said:

Not sure why mark but some of your cars at the bottom are showing as £0

They're the SOLD ones :)

On 6/3/2018 at 1:00 PM, grant8064 said:

Yep looks the bees knees.. just a shame no one wants it, I might try putting the price up to £2095 :D

Lower end cars go for much less seat ford Peugeot etc they go for about 65% at eBay auction. But BMW Audi Porsche would never go so less. These clients happy pay almost full price... This I don't understand

I’ll have to try buying a few written-off Porsches & Audis and see if the clients are happy to pay almost full money.

2 hours ago, Roberto82 said:

Lower end cars go for much less seat ford Peugeot etc they go for about 65% at eBay auction. But BMW Audi Porsche would never go so less. These clients happy pay almost full price... This I don't understand

Good luck to them I say.

Roberto, do you stock similar vehicles? Why are you concerned with how another dealer operates? Or is it simply intrigue?

because personally I don’t give a rats ass about cat D/N/SXZYLMNOP etc vehicles because as I don’t operate in that market