Sign in to follow this  
Ocsltd

What do you use for sales invoices?

I've been using the invoicing tool through Autotrader, but they are not withdrawing it from 21st May due to GDPR.

So what do you guys use for sales invoices?

Years ago I use to buy those invoice pads from ebay, but don't want to go back to that as it doesn't look very professional.....

Just been talking to AT about this. If you're halfway good with computers (i'm not) I guess you could use their invoice style as a template. Otherwise its back to 'old school' pen and paper. I think AT are bricking it and this may just be a panic reaction, wait for the dust to settle. But in the meantime, we all need something.

Have mine custom printed off fleebay dont think it looks shabby at all, hand finished i do have girls hand writing though.

I use Lawgistics pads. I don't really mind if people think it looks unprofessional, I mind if it's worded properly and covers my arse!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, SC Derby said:

Always done my own on excel.

Same

Clickdealer DMS invoices.

Before that I just used to do  Word document and manually change vehicle details.

Dragon2000. I'm not saying it's old but when I first got it I was young, free, single and had hair.

I love Click Dealer - they are brilliant and I couldn't recommend them highly enough.  However I really can't get on with their invoices though.  Just seems so long winded and small, and you want an invoice to be clear, quick and easy when you've got the punter there.

Hopefully they will come up with something better.

As much as I hate AT and everything about them (so glad I'm not feeding that beast anymore) the invoicing on Dealer Portal was great.  Unlike their clear as mud invoicing to us I seem to remember!

We just use old fashioned handwritten invoice pads.

Edited by NOACROSS

my own

at least 30 years work in them now

it now runs to 18 pages with the new gdpr rules added:D

2 hours ago, EPV said:

I use Lawgistics pads. I don't really mind if people think it looks unprofessional, I mind if it's worded properly and covers my arse!

+1

• Like 1

I use Vehicle Trader software. Costs £210 +VAT to licence for the year but turns out professional order forms/invoices etc. You can manage your stock book  on there and print off a vast array of reports as well. Good value IMHO. And it links to Sage if you use that.

10 hours ago, SC Derby said:

Always done my own on excel.

Me too

Click dealer, piece of piss to use and even the customer can read it, unlike my old hand written scribblings.. 

43 minutes ago, whitestone679231 said:

Click dealer, piece of piss to use and even the customer can read it, unlike my old hand written scribblings.. 

:lol: Same for me - Even I struggle to read my own writing