Sign in to follow this  
James01

May sales

This month has been awfully slow for us so far! Have only managed to get 2 away. It was the same last month then it all came to life the last 10 days.

On a brighter note have managed to get some good stock in this week.

How is everyone else finding things? 

Dead, been shocking footfall and enquires are unrealistic hopefully will change soon

Yeah strange one we haven't even had the usual "best price for cash mate" emails. 

At least it's not just us then. 

Same here done 2 so far, I have 13 in stock sub £3000.

Last month was OK not great at only 8.

Edited by AutoJacob

It’s dead, but for some reason yesterday afternoon & this morning I’ve just done 4 - busy for a one man band & reasonable profit for a change. Before anyone thinks I’m having it off, it was just pure luck, 4 out of only 4 enquiries. I think last week I didn’t even get 4 enquiries all week.

I anticipate nothing more because it seems dead, even the arsehole emailers have died off. Money is definitely very very tight. 

chugging alone so cant complain lot of people far worse off than me, just came back from the block went to watch a finance repo mini diesel it brought bonkers money and then some more they hot cakes or something.

Been away for a fortnight so wouldn’t have sold anything anyway but haven’t had a shed load of enquiries. Concerning slightly as i’m just about to go full time at this! 

Not just our job,I was talking to an upmarket pushbike dealer yesterday and May is normally their busiest month.It is supposed to be a growth industry,however he told me it is dead.

We normally always tend to end up where we need to be come end of the month. I just find it strange how there is no pattern or consistency to when it is going to be busy or quiet. It's feast or famine.

Its all retail at the minute, my retail business is 30% down roughly this and last month and that's against the last 6 years

Also houses aren't selling agents around me are 25/30% down on sales against last few years, same with rentals they are sticking and ive got 2 that usually rent in weeks coming up 6 and 7 weeks

Really busy May for us. It's been fits and starts though, sell loads one day and then see nobody for a couple of days, sell another load one day, see no one for the next few days etc. April was our worst ever month for sales and despite doing well so far this month it doesn't feel 'right' to me. Lots of time wasters, lots of people with either no money or no commitment about lately, more so than normal, and everything feels quite flat. Confidence/optimism isn't sky high at the moment that's for sure.

ive eventually just sold one 8% discount ish and on market 3 months, one down street last year sold in 3 days and for almost same money, mines refurbed re wired plumbed, basically a new house apart from bricks. Just wanted rid of the thing at the end. Times are getting hard all around by the looks of it

Not flying but ticking over. Only seven so far but margins have been good.  

6 so far, which is the same as i manages in all of april. need to do 12 -14 a month so I guess I'm only 12 days behind....

But no one is changing for fun - of the 6 this month, 2 are new drivers, and of the other 4  2 have blown their previous cars up, 1 has flunked its MOT and the other one has p/exed a shagged focus in. one of the blown up ones is a 10reg Polo 1.2 - quality german engineering again, timing chain snapped! And theyve got to leave it on the driveway for another year because they've still got chucky on it....

22 in 12 Days here. Busy start. Under 40 in stock currently. Just trying to keep on top of trends.

Still can't shift a red 5.0 V8 Mustang I am beginning to wish I hadn't bought.....

• Like 1

We've done 7 all month. Doesn't feel busy at all... I've had one walk in all day looking for a first driver car for under a grand, with a year's ticket... but not the Ka or my nice 1 owner 1.0 Yaris. Had some Romanians in yesterday after something for £400. 

Times are hard. 

21 minutes ago, Mojo121 said:

. I've had one walk in all day looking for a first driver car for under a grand, with a year's ticket... but not the Ka or my nice 1 owner 1.0 Yaris.

Fussy f*****s. I put a poster of a 1980 Datsun Cherry on my 'office' (glorified shed) wall to show them that no matter what they think of the Ka, Corsa etc that they need to have as their first car at least it isnt one of those rusting pieces of s**t.

2 hours ago, Matt Reid said:

Fussy f*****s. I put a poster of a 1980 Datsun Cherry on my 'office' (glorified shed) wall to show them that no matter what they think of the Ka, Corsa etc that they need to have as their first car at least it isnt one of those rusting pieces of s**t.

I still think an old shape Ka is a great first car, if it’s not rotten. Reliable 1.3 chain cam engine, great fun to drive and cheap parts a-plenty! 

I always thought they’d be the next Nissan Micra to the Kebab houses.

We have 10-13 in stock and have done 3 this month which should be 7 by end of play tomorrow as got some solid ones lined up with deposits paid.

Edited by Grantlfc81

.....and another - a £1500 cheapie just sold. I’ll be dead next week :rolleyes:

2 hours ago, Matt Reid said:

If you knew how good Cherry’s were,you would not be saying that.Great profit makers,100% mark ups were normal and they rarely came back.A friend of mine ran had a Datsun Cherry resurrection business.He rarely paid more than £150 for them.The Datsun main dealer considered them scrap,but he would buy 3 or 4 at a time from them twice a week.Two new wings and sills later ( £40) and he would knock them out for £500.....The good old days and it’s a pity a lot of you guys missed them.

Motorised colanders but even when finally entering the scrapyard they drove in under their own steam.

I was just a youth in the 70s but on any Sunday you’d see men working on cars outside their house doing maintenance with cars jacked-up or sheets of glass fibre trying to make the most of whatever heap of shite they owned. 

As for the winter months, for many it was a lottery whether or not their car would even start.

Now look at the ingrates! The great unwashed come here & whinge about stonechips on cars with 100K on the clock.