grant8064

Bank holiday trade

I said last time I wouldn't open up on the next bank holiday but decided to avoid the in laws...

...what a mistake to make!

Two no shows so far, one wanting a LHD conversion thrown in for the asking price, some food for thoughts looking to buy end of July and a Nigerian offering me a good export deal....it's only midday.

Sold two so far, one more viewing at 4PM.

I haven't been in though, I just open up when we have a viewing.. here's the car, where's the cash, cya later alligator!

8 hours ago, grant8064 said:

I said last time I wouldn't open up on the next bank holiday but decided to avoid the in laws...

...what a mistake to make!

Two no shows so far, one wanting a LHD conversion thrown in for the asking price, some food for thoughts looking to buy end of July and a Nigerian offering me a good export deal....it's only midday.

Sundays & bank holidays - no f***ing chance whatsoever here. My sanity is stretched enough as it is, I think I’d end up on an assault charge dealing with punters using me as entertainment to fill in their spare time.

A couple of phone calls fielded - all REALLY keen but I’ll see just how keen tomorrow (I suspect I know the answer). As I sat down in sunny Scarborough just about to order the family dinner, 5.30 the phone (on divert) rings. I cut them off - what sort of a c*** phones about cars at teatime on a bank holiday Monday!?!! (I wager the sort of c*** with nowt to do except make small talk, big promises of a sale tomorrow but as we all know tomorrow never comes for these tossers).

Sold an e class 10 plate Friday. Guy didn’t even test drive it. Saturday Sunday dead as a dodo. Today, had someone on a mini convertible then preferred a TT convertible, drove both, went for a coffee and never saw them again lol

Edited by Grantlfc81

4 minutes ago, Grantlfc81 said:

Sold an e class 10 plate Friday. Guy didn’t even test drive it. Saturday Sunday dead as a dodo. Today, had someone on a mini convertible then preferred a TT convertible, drove both, went for a coffee and never saw them again lol

Take it they went to the Bermuda Triangle cafe? 

• Like 1

I ended up on three for the day but one did bring me close to a BHM'esque assault charge

23 minutes ago, zappa_2001 said:

Done 10 this weekend which we’re happy with given the weather.

Hawkstone Cars.....100% per cent of your stock this weekend,well that should help to turn your business around. !

• Like 4

Strike out for me but we did get some painting done so not to bad

10 hours ago, trade vet said:

Hawkstone Cars.....100% per cent of your stock this weekend,well that should help to turn your business around. !

We had a poor weekend, I put it down to the fact we didn't have enough cars, if we had say 200 more.... we might have sold 15.

10 hours ago, trade vet said:

Ha ha. I’ve got a second site with 95 cars that does bread and butter cars. 

16 Retail  for the month so far 7 Sat / 3 Sun / 2 Bank Holiday Mon - Best bank holiday weekend we have ever had usually full of time wasters and exceptionally quiet.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Rory RSC said:

16 Retail  for the month so far 7 Sat / 3 Sun / 2 Bank Holiday Mon - Best bank holiday weekend we have ever had usually full of time wasters and exceptionally quiet.

Awesome Rory, well done! I've always closed bank holidays but one rang me Sunday morning to see if I was open , made an appointment for late Sunday afternoon as I'd got other stuff to do, text book bought and thanked me for taking time out to meet him, another customer called me yesterday morning and said he wanted one of cars.  Think it's always a mixed nag for everyone. 

We did a coupe plus one subject to finance.  

It's def worth being AVAILABLE but none of them were walk-ons. Same with most sales to be fair - rarely any walk-ons nowadays.  Funny how the game changes over the years.

Opened on Saturday, didnt see anyone, did Monday 'by appointment' but no calls, hardly a surprise, you'd have had to be keen to be looking in this weather. I enjoyed having the time out with the family, having said that, if the Mother in law had been around..........

10 minutes ago, David Ayers said:

99% a scam. 

But you could explain why you won't do it and see if he replies (he won't)

Wrong post David :ph34r:

• Like 1