Sign in to follow this  
It's me

v5c ssssssssssssssssssssssss

I presume you mean names and addresses rather than number of 

36 minutes ago, David Ayers said:

If EPV is correct. I'm going to get a load of daily rentals!!!!!

Ex Police! 

3 hours ago, EPV said:

I presume you mean names and addresses rather than number of 

yes

under the guise of gdpr they are now not showing previous owner details only number of previous owners

i also read a while back that they would refuse to furnish these details even under a request to dvla and a cheque,you have to be a pirate car park attendant to get them

If this is right,the clockers will be back in force.Pay cash and provide false ID at the block,register it at accomodation address,get the new reg doc,give it a haircut,get a blank service book on eBay,fill it in and away you go.....You cannot make it up.

42 minutes ago, trade vet said:

If this is right,the clockers will be back in force.Pay cash and provide false ID at the block,register it at accomodation address,get the new reg doc,give it a haircut,get a blank service book on eBay,fill it in and away you go.....You cannot make it up.

yep

this world is going backwards

i say it daily now

in despair

Errr...have you guys forgotten about the MOT history database?

11 minutes ago, BHM said:

Does this show previous owner details? I havent seen them, noticed details of garage conducting tests have disappeared.. They will hide lots behind GDPR (read - get rid of a few jobs) .. just like getting rid of the mobile and street rozzers.. as they now have CCTV on every lampost and grid..

Remove pin, and lob... sit back and wait; cue blame game in the house of commoners..

Edited by Area 51

Sorry I was referring to giving the mileages a haircut.

8 hours ago, BHM said:

Yes.....So they will be restricted to late fleet stuff.

27 minutes ago, trade vet said:

Yes.....So they will be restricted to late fleet stuff.

If its not already been done before it hits the block on its 6k mile PA lease deal.

It's still going to have the current keepers details on it.

statement from asa=

“If a dealer knew that a vehicle was ex-fleet

because it had previously been used for

business purposes, then that was material information

likely to influence a customer’s transactional decision.”

so how do we dodge that one now then ?:huh:

Edited by have a word with the wife

10 hours ago, have a word with the wife said:

statement from asa=

“If a dealer knew that a vehicle was ex-fleet

because it had previously been used for

business purposes, then that was material information

likely to influence a customer’s transactional decision.”

so how do we dodge that one now then ?:huh:

You can’t dodge it.Our guys mainly sell late ex fleet stuff and for a while now they have been confirming the name of the leasing fleet and used as a company vehicle in their advertising...So if it says Ready Mixed Concrete or whatever you have to disclose it.There will be a lot of main dealers and nearly new supermarkets who have sold ex hire cars and described them as ex manufacturer management vehicles now looking at a huge potential liability.

On 03/05/2018 at 7:17 PM, Mojo121 said:

Great. No more letters to old owners asking for S/H then!

I'm always writing these, got a template on my desktop! 

On 04/05/2018 at 11:06 AM, rich89 said:

It's still going to have the current keepers details on it.

hello

the v5c had to be registered in my trade name and it came this week from the good ole swansee sea so maybe i will write to myself and ask if i have a spare key

hang on that wont work will it.........

On a related subject, has anyone had any joy getting the DVLA to amend a discrepancy on a V5? I’m looking at buying a 2 owner Car that is showing 16 previous owners (an error basically) but don’t want to plough in if the DVLA are likely to cock a deaf un?

4 minutes ago, EPV said:

On a related subject, has anyone had any joy getting the DVLA to amend a discrepancy on a V5? I’m looking at buying a 2 owner Car that is showing 16 previous owners (an error basically) but don’t want to plough in if the DVLA are likely to cock a deaf un?

never needed to do that but i suggest you ring explain and hopefully they will give you the department and postcode you need to address your letter to

i would also send it registered post,. sit back for about 6 weeks then get a letter telling you they have corrected the details and you are now the proud owner of a six wheeled atkinson on free historic road tax.....:lol:.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, chief runnin bee said:

...................i would also send it registered post,. sit back for about 6 weeks then get a letter telling you they have corrected the details and you are now the proud owner of a six wheeled atkinson on free historic road tax.....:lol:.

Category S!:D

• Like 2

9 hours ago, trade vet said:

You can’t dodge it.Our guys mainly sell late ex fleet stuff and for a while now they have been confirming the name of the leasing fleet and used as a company vehicle in their advertising...So if it says Ready Mixed Concrete or whatever you have to disclose it.There will be a lot of main dealers and nearly new supermarkets who have sold ex hire cars and described them as ex manufacturer management vehicles now looking at a huge potential liability.

i didnt mean dodge it as being underhand :D what i meant was you cant see if its been ex fleet if its in your name, sorry about the confusion ;)

maybe an other line in the sales invoice agreement saying something like might have been fleet car at some time customer to do own check before signing we cant due to data protection, it just gets dafter,:rolleyes:

9 hours ago, Dealer said:

I'm always writing these, got a template on my desktop! 

+1

• Like 1