Sign in to follow this  
jan808

Risks trading from home.

1 hour ago, David Ayers said:

The Auction house is only passing on your details because DVLA have sent a fine. I don’t think they are telling DVLA every time you buy a car.

Possibly although I’d imagine that would cause any auction a whole lot of grief. Can you imagine the amount of parking fines/untaxed vehicle fines they must get?

You can notify dvla of sale trade to trade now online and it asks if you are a dealer or auction house so i’d imagine this is what they use.

Couple of years ago a friend borrowed one of my cars that was in trade and over stayed his welcome in a pnc car park. The fine came though within 2 days. If they had to contact Bca first I wouldn’t imagine it would of come through that quick?

Personally I would never start a business from home or have my home address public, there's way too many nutters out there.

Each to their own though ofcourse.

1 hour ago, AutoJacob said:

Personally I would never start a business from home or have my home address public, there's way too many nutters out there.

Each to their own though ofcourse.

you can just as easily get robbed or mugged trading from premises

9 hours ago, jan808 said:

Thanks man thats what i was looking for. 

Plus, some punters will look more favourably on the fact that you are inviting them to your home, which implies a greater element of trust.

I was originally going to trade from home but decided to go with premises locally. Albeit a no frills cheap base to keep overheads down. We have invested more in the website and online advertising. I don't know if it has any bearing with the customers either way but for me the deciding factor was separation between work and home life.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Langley Prestige said:

I was originally going to trade from home but decided to go with premises locally. Albeit a no frills cheap base to keep overheads down. We have invested more in the website and online advertising. I don't know if it has any bearing with the customers either way but for me the deciding factor was separation between work and home life.

Separating work etc.....to be any good at this job,you won’t be able to do that.Wait until you are waking up every night at 5am worrying about engine jobs,screamers,HMRC or some pressure from the bank etc

8 hours ago, trade vet said:

Separating work etc.....to be any good at this job,you won’t be able to do that.Wait until you are waking up every night at 5am worrying about engine jobs,screamers,HMRC or some pressure from the bank etc

Agreed "separation" there's absolutely no chance of that ! You have to live the job, or turn your phone and computers off.....

8 hours ago, trade vet said:

I thought it was only me kept awake by the latest purchase that limped off the back of the auction delivery wagon, almost praying it’s not a catastrophic fault :lol:

2 minutes ago, Arfur Dealy said:

Agreed "separation" there's absolutely no chance of that ! You have to live the job, or turn your phone and computers off.....

I’ll second that. I turn off my phones on a Sunday & after 7pm on a night and even then I sometimes find I’m working, looking to buy stock on the internet auction sites or searching for a repair of an obscure problem on a car.

16 hours ago, Lakeside said:

Possibly although I’d imagine that would cause any auction a whole lot of grief. Can you imagine the amount of parking fines/untaxed vehicle fines they must get?

You can notify dvla of sale trade to trade now online and it asks if you are a dealer or auction house so i’d imagine this is what they use.

Couple of years ago a friend borrowed one of my cars that was in trade and over stayed his welcome in a pnc car park. The fine came though within 2 days. If they had to contact Bca first I wouldn’t imagine it would of come through that quick?

But they wouldnt get them the original owner of the car would get them who in turn would either ring the DVLA and advise they handed the car over to x y z dealer or drive down to the dealer and have a good old moan in person seen that once or twice speeding this was though fixed penalty, either way the auction house would be the last person to get the fine as they never owned the car, they may get a request for information. 

Which was my thinking it would be far easier for HMRC to go into the auction house and collate a load of names that pop up that are not businesses Mr Ahmed or Mr Smith.

Just sell honest cars if it breaks fix it pay your taxes and treat the customer how you would want to be treated buying a used car :) 

• Like 1

Anyone know where I can purchase any forex signals?

On 4/28/2018 at 1:57 AM, jan808 said:

Hi all

I am thinking about trading from home. What are the risks in doing this? Has anyone had any bad experiences ?

I have watched tv programs where the car seller is being pursued by debt collectors and his personal belongings were at risk in being taken to be sold.

No idea.

Have you tried here www.mumsnet.com ?

On 4/29/2018 at 10:57 PM, trade vet said:

Wait until you are waking up every night at 5am worrying about engine jobs,screamers,HMRC or some pressure from the bank etc

Glad i'm not alone. Haven't needed an alarm clock since I joined the trade!

On 4/28/2018 at 1:57 AM, jan808 said:

Hi all

I am thinking about trading from home. What are the risks in doing this? Has anyone had any bad experiences ?

Biggest risk is from trips and falls. Tripping over your slippers when you rush out of bed to answer the door. Don’t trade from home!

• Haha 1

On 11/16/2019 at 9:49 PM, Scooby who said:

Biggest risk is from trips and falls. Tripping over your slippers when you rush out of bed to answer the door. Don’t trade from home!

and ulcers when someone knocks as your sat down to your corn beef hash :D  Don’t trade from home!

On 11/16/2019 at 6:39 PM, BHM said:

Anyone know where I can purchase any forex signals?

Betfred or Ladbrookes :D

It really depends on the company you're trading with. I'm now working with InstaForex trader and have no problems. They provide great quality and a lot of options, not only cryptocurrency mining, indexing, and trading, but also sports betting https://cuetracker.net/players/ildar-sharipov

Edited by Kongah