Sign in to follow this  
trade vet

Fake 5 star or bad reviews

Out of interest,have you noticed that all sorts of dealers mainly have 5 star reviews.Most of us probably have a subprime outfit nearbye that get better reviews than Nelson Mandela or the Dalai Lama...I think I now know how,I got a call from some people who described themselves as an ‘on line reputation management company’ offering 10 five star reviews for £25.I thought it was some sort of wind up or review blackmail if I said no thank you,but apparently not.Anyway,with no intention in mind,I  asked if they could possibly do 30 bad reviews ( for chosen dealers in our area ) for £50 .....it will be interesting to see if they get back....

Its all rubbish i know a seller one ebay when he gets a negative comment he just buys a load of junk pencils socks anything just to get the negative onto page two where no one ever looks, and increase his percentage back up. 

It's no secret that some companies use professional services to manage their online reputation. But it does sound like a rats nest in that line of work?

We've been offered it many a time. 

Doing this job (any job) five star all the way is never going to be achievable. Anyone with a four star rating is usually pretty good in my book.

We have generally managed 5 star reviews just from being very firm but fair. Challenged a couple of really poor reviews in the past which got them removed and responded to the poor ones.

There is a sub prime place down the road from us who have a load of fake reviews, american type names just not written by actual humans in the way normal people write stuff.

It is what it is.

I don't use reviews or list them but surely, just get a dozen or so of your mates to write one if you really value the feedback - why would anyone pay for 5 star fake reviews?

6 minutes ago, Stalker said:

Along comes BHM any moment with his views on reviews. :D

He loves a review does BHM..... :lol:

5 minutes ago, Ocsltd said:

He loves a review does BHM..... :lol:

almost as much as customers, cars, suppliers, umm life 

• Like 1

In fact, he's probably too busy checking his own reviews right now, which is why he hasn't replied yet!! :D

7 minutes ago, Matt Reid said:

C'mon BHM!

He'll be along soon, once he's finished replying to all his glowing reviews...... :P

He hasn't quite reached boiling point yet but wait.......it'll be worth it

Not worth the risk of being thrown off Google.  It's in their terms and conditions and not just limited to their review system.

We've been approached by companies telling us how to boost our online presence.

They rabbit on about the importance of online reviews, we tell them how hard it is to get happy customers to leave reviews.

They say to just post a review of what the customer would say if they left a review.

Not convinced by a company asking us to act fraudulently.

But, not so long ago we had a customer come out who didn't want to buy our 'crappy old van' because it had wear marks in the carpet under the pedals (10 years old, 140k).

Threatened to post bad reviews all over good old Facebook to ruin our reputation, and get everyone on Facebook to come round and damage all our stock, report us to HMRC, Trading Standards and the local council for being dodgy dealers.

Nothing come about from that.

Googled the cheeky sods phone number, and they've 'privately' sold 3 motorhomes in the past 6 months.

Haha, why is this a surprise to anyone? Reviews aren’t worth a wank & most of you lads will be submitting yourselves dodgy reviews. Almost 100% top rate reviews - don’t make me laugh! How on earth can any car dealer, selling secondhand vehicles, get perfect ratings from the greedy, unrealistic & ungrateful public is beyond me. 

£25 for 10 positive reviews? I wouldn’t give tuppence. 

I’ll let all you ‘review men’ get back to scouring the internet desperately searching for the modern version of a pat on the head and then sit there crying, like schoolgirls, if you see a negative comment. Did I ever say that reviews aren’t worth a toss?

8 minutes ago, BHM said:

Haha, why is this a surprise to anyone? Reviews aren’t worth a wank & most of you lads will be submitting yourselves dodgy reviews. Almost 100% top rate reviews - don’t make me laugh! How on earth can any car dealer, selling secondhand vehicles, get perfect ratings from the greedy, unrealistic & ungrateful public is beyond me. 

£25 for 10 positive reviews? I wouldn’t give tuppence. 

I’ll let all you ‘review men’ get back to scouring the internet desperately searching for the modern version of a pat on the head and then sit there crying, like schoolgirls, if you see a negative comment. Did I ever say that reviews aren’t worth a toss?

Meanwhile back in 2018.....  

Just play the game.