Sign in to follow this  
justina3

its official

I have never had this little stock apart from maybe the first month of trading, and i see no signs of it changing.

40 minutes ago, justina3 said:

I have never had this little stock apart from maybe the first month of trading, and i see no signs of it changing.

Saving on advertising and cleaning materials so 'every cloud':D

I will try and apply that thinking to my staff at the end of the month somehow i cant see them digging it lol

11 minutes ago, justina3 said:

I will try and apply that thinking to my staff at the end of the month somehow i cant see them digging it lol

Shorter working hours, more time to spend with their families. It's not so much the bad news but how you 'dress it up':D

PS: I think we are a little light on stock at the mo?

2 hours ago, justina3 said:

Same here Justina! 

1 hour ago, justina3 said:

Going on past experience,it will change and the book will go up £500 and those who have paid mental money will get choked up and prices will stabilise.

2 hours ago, justina3 said:

Only started trading last May, so this is the first January I have to experience block madness.

Didnt think it would be as bad as everyone made out but after January i have bought precisely zero from auction (Manheim's B'ham).

The last couple of cars i have bought have been private sale from Ebay, and compared to Manheim's the stock condition and price is better than what i normally pay for at Auction.

May have been a good thing to experience block madness as I am definitely open to more private purchases now.

It's changing!!!

We normally have about 90 in stock and since Christmas have been struggling to replenish because we refuse to pay January silly money.

Bought 6 last week and 7 tonight, tonight was almost all behind book too (love it when the online bidding goes down). 

Very hard going. I am on my lowest stock level in ages. I don't even so much think its just mental block prices, there still is not the volume coming through.

I'm with tradex on this one! I have a friend who works in drug squad, everyone they have an interest in claims to be a car dealer. They dont car what they pay. apparently they invoice it for more than theyve sold it for to help justify the money they have, and of course, like to apy cash for it at auction too

Let us be honest - there’s some right horrible f***ing scum that attends every auction house & it wouldn’t surprise me to find a small minority are involved in such unpleasant crimes.

What a difference a week or two makes, seeing some nice stuff appear at normal prices, i do feel for the guys and dolls who just shelled out a stupid amount of money on stock.

New car sales are clearly down, and used cars are up, lack stock and creating a temporary bubble. It will pop and return back to normal in March no doubt.

18 minutes ago, justina3 said:

What a difference a week or two makes, seeing some nice stuff appear at normal prices, i do feel for the guys and dolls who just shelled out a stupid amount of money on stock.

i wont

they are trying to put us out of business

as del boy used to say

he who waits:)

All week was painstaking and then friday grabbed some bargains. Just got to pick them up and see if they make it back now :wacko:

4 minutes ago, Rory RSC said:

All week was painstaking and then friday grabbed some bargains. Just got to pick them up and see if they make it back now :wacko:

that'll be one of mine?

1 hour ago, andymc1973 said:

that'll be one of mine?

No that was the Manheim Golf assured ones :lol: