Sign in to follow this  
metcars

Whats it worth - 2001 Skoda Fabia estate auto

OK, settle down I know it's hilarious, but not many auto estates on AT to gauge a value?

These have always been decent little sellers tbh, although never had an auto - we've never struggled to shift one as a p/ex.

8 minutes ago, justina3 said:

Miles engine ? 

100k 1.4 some history

Depending on the quality of your pitch I’d stick it up at £1295. £995 would have the phone going barmy. 

I know it’s old but it’s a reliable Skoda auto which is worth something to people.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Mojo121 said:

Depending on the quality of your pitch I’d stick it up at £1295. £995 would have the phone going barmy. 

I know it’s old but it’s a reliable Skoda auto which is worth something to people.

Yeah, I can't explain why, I just feel there could be something in the old thing. We'll see;)

1 hour ago, Mojo121 said:

£1295 !? Where in the country are you ?!

45 minutes ago, twerp said:

£1295 !? Where in the country are you ?!

East London

2 hours ago, Mojo121 said:

£995 would have the phone going barmy. 

Surely you mean at £995 you would have the phone going with people asking are you barmy? :lol:

It’s no wonder I get Londoners travelling over 250 miles - I wish I could ask those sort of prices.

34 minutes ago, BHM said:

Surely you mean at £995 you would have the phone going with people asking are you barmy? :lol:

It’s no wonder I get Londoners travelling over 250 miles - I wish I could ask those sort of prices.

What are 'Londoners' travelling 250 miles to buy from you?

15 hours ago, met said:

Run of the mill shite but at run of the mill prices. I must say I’d love to be able to charge southern prices, with £995 & £1295 mentioned for a 17yr old Fabia it’s no wonder I struggle to buy on Dealer Auction :lol:

Honestly, that car would struggle at £500 up here.

18 hours ago, met said:

The ‘del boys’ tend to come north for specific autos which are often a lot cheaper.Your 17 year old Skoda  is bordering on scrap up north because you would struggle to get it through a test.

16 minutes ago, trade vet said:

The ‘del boys’ tend to come north for specific autos which are often a lot cheaper.Your 17 year old Skoda  is bordering on scrap up north because you would struggle to get it through a test.

It's not that bad up north is it! :D And, yes I'd agree about the Skoda, I wouldn't want to have to sell too many 17yr old vehicles.

I know plenty of 'del boys' and none would travel 250 miles to view an unknown car with an intention to buy. They may have done that 30yrs ago but personally I don't find a huge price variation that would cover the cost/time of travelling those distances regularly unless its something really unique performance/exotic?

In fairness plenty of 'carrot crunchers' come to London to buy up Chelsea tractors on the cheap, so it all balances out;)

12 minutes ago, met said:

It's not that bad up north is it! :D And, yes I'd agree about the Skoda, I wouldn't want to have to sell too many 17yr old vehicles.

I know plenty of 'del boys' and none would travel 250 miles to view an unknown car with an intention to buy. They may have done that 30yrs ago but personally I don't find a huge price variation that would cover the cost/time of travelling those distances regularly unless its something really unique performance/exotic?

In fairness plenty of 'carrot crunchers' come to London to buy up Chelsea tractors on the cheap, so it all balances out;)

Apologies Met,to northerners,the term ‘Del Boys’ refers to people who reside in London or the surrounding area and speak with a London accent.Punters still come up,the last one I can recall,came for a very cheap high spec galactic mileage Volvo S80 Auto because it was black.I think he had some sort of limo business.The ones who come up for the first time having looked around,usually comment on how lucky we are to live here.I could never understand this,until I got involved with a pitch in South London ! As for us coming down to London,we are a good example,we have been buying down there for 25 years.

• Like 1

Presentation is everything. Hence my question about the pitch. Anyone can knock it out for £500-695. You’ll notice the difference between someone who buys an old old car for £995-1295 vs one who buys at £500-700.

Im in East Anglia. I price a lot of things high and traders often tell me “you’ll never sell it for that”... 

1 hour ago, tradex said:

East Anglia.

Family member lives near Norwich (Spooner Row....love them names:D) has a site in Norwich and his prices are astronomical, but does very well thank you.:huh:

Says he doesn't go near anything over 70k though, no matter if it's a grand or 20k, the natives won't buy leggy gear, must have all the history, very cautious buyers, he love's a Vauxhall and anything German.... each to their own

He used to buy a lot on DA from H*ldens and 'Driv*l' but won't go near both with a barge pole now, he tells me it's all cherry picked and it's all drama stock....familiar story I guess?

Shops at Peterborough so often see him if visiting.

He lives in a stunning part of the world, Norwich is beautiful, good hospitals (the wife 'had a turn' last time we were visiting), schools good but internet slow,

We are thinking about retiring to Breckland area in a few years and I think we could put up with slow internet :D

Hi Tradex

I have just scanned a few pitches in the Norwich area on Companies House and they all seem to be thriving and make good net profits....Amazing.

20 hours ago, trade vet said:

..........................The ones who come up for the first time having looked around,usually comment on how lucky we are to live here....................

I always say that too! Tends to put people at ease when negotating; makes people feel better. But in reality I don't care for the countryside and I quite like living here, warts and all. I understand it's not for everyone;)

Just found this one...all depends on the car on old stuff IMO.

We've just knocked out an 04 Focus auto 80k for around 2k but it was a rare find. Had £200 of paint, passed it's MOT with NO ADVISORIES (better than most of our newer stuff does) and you could tell it was proper just from the last owners...one of those lovely older couples that really looked after it and were genuinely sad to see it go. A proper car at proper money.

Had an 06 S Class recently that was not proper and naturally made less than the Focus (not that we were retailing it)

Cheap autos I could sell all day every day. The demand is beyond high and there is almost no supply so quite often we spend a few quid getting choppers up to standard and retailing them.

An auto estate is gold dust at sub 2k. A reasonable 100k Fabia estate auto I would want £895 for but it would have to have a decent ticket and have been looked after.