Mr T

A little advice please ...

Could you let me know, if you had this in stock, how much you'd sell it for? I've had this for quite a while with very little nibbling - I've never had a good track record with Vauxhalls but thought that a clean Insignia may do ok. 

I'm in the north east and the car is clean, long MOT, advisories carried out and just serviced too by us.

I've currently got it up at just under book price as per CAP HPI and this is the cheapest (just about) within 50 miles of me with this age, model and mileage. 

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201712021769621 

Sort the photos out and the text starting with something similar to :

'  FULL SERVICE HISTORY + NEW TYRES & BRAKES, MOT NOV 2018...

• Like 1

There's a lot wrong with the photos and text. Go look at some better advertised ones and try again IMO.

• Like 2

Hi Mr T

I see where you are.I have to tell you it is the wrong stock for the area.Super low mileage stuff under £5k will work.You may have to pay a fortune for it but you will be better off.Interestigly, I called into the block today just to see a few of the guys and when I was standing there I felt I had to buy this 14k one lady owner 57 plate poverty model 3 dr Fiesta 1.2.That would sell up your way,how much would you pay that.....When I tell you what I gave,you will probably think I am mad.

Agreed, the photos look bad, pictures with a unit behind look like your are not trying to make and effort to sell it. Find a background which makes the car stand out. 

Retail is detail,

Your photos are shocking.

Take the price board out

Give it a clean

Re photo, looks like someones just stolen it and taken some pictures!

Not sure what the photo of the 3 month warranty from 2013 is doing in there either?

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, trade vet said:

I felt I had to buy this 14k one lady owner 57 plate poverty model 3 dr Fiesta 1.2...When I tell you what I gave, you will probably think I am mad.

£2200

1 hour ago, trade vet said:

Hi Mr T

I see where you are.I have to tell you it is the wrong stock for the area.Super low mileage stuff under £5k will work.You may have to pay a fortune for it but you will be better off.Interestigly, I called into the block today just to see a few of the guys and when I was standing there I felt I had to buy this 14k one lady owner 57 plate poverty model 3 dr Fiesta 1.2.That would sell up your way,how much would you pay that.....When I tell you what I gave,you will probably think I am mad.

I'd say looking to buy at about £1000-£1500 look to sell £2000 to £2500 maybe? 

Just wanted to say thank you to everyone, glad you all agree with each other - I'm usually in the under £1500 market and buyers mainly just want to see the car and make sure it's not dodgy or knackered, however, decided to try my hand at the above £2000 market! I had a clean Hyundai I30 Premium Diesel for £2950 and that sold straight away so thought something may be wrong with pricing! 

There are some nice local beaches, would a drive to the beach and use that as a backdrop be better? 

In all honesty, I probably won't stay with £2000 + cars, the cheaper cars shift much easier! and seeing as I don't have a great deal of space to store many cars, I need high turnover rather than sitting on the same stock for weeks / months on end.

Edited by Mr T

5 minutes ago, Mr T said:

There are some nice local beaches, would a drive to the beach and use that as a backdrop be better? 

Not necessary, in fact it might even make you look like a private seller.

In front the unit is fine as long as the photo is taken on a good camera for instance

150148_19_big.jpg

14 minutes ago, twerp said:

Not necessary, in fact it might even make you look like a private seller.

In front the unit is fine as long as the photo is taken on a good camera for instance

150148_19_big.jpg

Cool, I shall grab my wife's SLR and try again in front of the door with the door down - I'll need to clean the car and the door lol, some nice bird has decided to poop all over them! 

Again, thank you for the advice, I'll get the ad updated and fingers crossed it'll sell! 

25 minutes ago, Mr T said:

I'd say looking to buy at about £1000-£1500 look to sell £2000 to £2500 maybe? 

Just wanted to say thank you to everyone, glad you all agree with each other - I'm usually in the under £1500 market and buyers mainly just want to see the car and make sure it's not dodgy or knackered, however, decided to try my hand at the above £2000 market! I had a clean Hyundai I30 Premium Diesel for £2950 and that sold straight away so thought something may be wrong with pricing! 

In all honesty, I probably won't stay with £2000 + cars, the cheaper cars shift much easier! and seeing as I don't have a great deal of space to store many cars, I need high turnover rather than sitting on the same stock for weeks / months on end.

I thought you would say under £1500.........I think it was knocked down for £1975,so with the tip it’s going to be over £2100.A descent kiddies buggy is now £1500 ! As for your photos,there are some great back drops close to where you are,down the south east you can travel for miles and not see grass never mind long sandy beeches.

Sir, you have dirty wheels.

But in addition just to repeat everyone else consistency, consistancy, consistancy and back drop is key.

You should have no issues selling that.

I’ve been put off insignia’s. Took me three months to sell an 09 diesel at £1795. Made about £100 on it in the end. Never again.

Just sold same car on an 09 1.8 petrol but an exclusive done 74000 same colour  2 owners fmdsh super condition, proper straight car I got £2995. I'm in Kent where there are many between 3 and 4 k but are not shifting. 

I couldn't get more than £3295 for an 09 insignia.

The problem with Insignias is that there's so many of them coming through every day ex fleet. I find the ones with Nav and Parking sensors sell quicker. 

Agreed, a good valet and some better pictures will go along way.  One thing to consider however is that the insignia is a common car, how is your different and why should joe public buy this particular car? e.g. spec, history, warranty, extra's etc.  and more importantly why should they buy it off you?

Edited by HKQAC

Everyone seems to be missing the fact that Insignias are infact not made by Vauxhall ..... they are made by Cadburys.

They are pretty poor, if i was a customer, i would want to hear that is is free from all of the usual faults and that there is a warranty to cover the usual faults for at least 6 months. If necessary, put the price up with a warranty?

18 minutes ago, Stalker said:

Everyone seems to be missing the fact that Insignias are infact not made by Vauxhall ..... they are made by Cadburys.

They are pretty poor, if i was a customer, i would want to hear that is is free from all of the usual faults and that there is a warranty to cover the usual faults for at least 6 months. If necessary, put the price up with a warranty?

Cadburys ........EXCELLENT !

Tbh the car looks a grand too much to me. Insignias aren’t worth a toss on the secondhand market and are nothing more than a slightly modern Vectra with the same mindset buyers. I think the only people who’d look at them are Vectra or Mondeo owners.

Let’s be honest, some with a few miles are down to £1500 at the block - that tells you how attractive they are to retail punters. 

No offence intended Mr T - I’ve found out the hard way with insignias & will leave them for the time being. Stick to your cheapies, they’re easier & you’ll make a wage on them, a forecourt full of 09 Insignias would give me nightmares.

insignificants are council house cars so you need to be targeting them and finance and part ex,not a car i would want to retail as they take up too much room

as said pictures quite appalling and it looks like a dog did a wee on your picture of the old tyre and wheel

just saying

background is also the key as you are trying to get someone to buy into the insignificant dream

2 hours ago, tradex said:

The Insignia/Mondeo/Laguna/Accord/Avensis et al are no longer a big selling class of car, haven't been for a long time, the MPV/SUV has killed them.

Unless you are raping punters on finance then I wouldn’t thank you for one of those, except perhaps £1500-2000 Avensises or Accords.

You’re correct about MPV/SUVs etc., the 7 seat versions fly out but yet oddly enough very few seem to need all 7 seats. I think many people like the option to occasionally carry a few people but like the high seating position & the ability to remove a few seats & throw a bike in the back.

Each to their own but there’s no contest between a forecourt full of £1999 Inshitnias, Mondogs & Lagunas v. £1999 S-Max, Zafira & Galaxies. In a week one forecourt would of hardly of had a phone call, the other would be stripped empty by keen buyers.

25 minutes ago, BHM said:

Unless you are raping punters on finance then I wouldn’t thank you for one of those, except perhaps £1500-2000 Avensises or Accords.

You’re correct about MPV/SUVs etc., the 7 seat versions fly out but yet oddly enough very few seem to need all 7 seats. I think many people like the option to occasionally carry a few people but like the high seating position & the ability to remove a few seats & throw a bike in the back.

Each to their own but there’s no contest between a forecourt full of £1999 Inshitnias, Mondogs & Lagunas v. £1999 S-Max, Zafira & Galaxies. In a week one forecourt would of hardly of had a phone call, the other would be stripped empty by keen buyers.

Wonderfull again ! BHM are you going over to Davos next week,I think you are needed over there !

We've done two Octavia diesel saloons this week, an '09 and a '10.

We always do okay if we keep the mileage down. But estates certainly better.

1 hour ago, BHM said:

So so true......

2 hours ago, trade vet said:

Wonderfull again ! BHM are you going over to Davos next week,I think you are needed over there !

Haha, no I’ve not had the call yet although I expect my jaundiced views of the secondhand motors game wouldn’t be much use to them big money boys.