Grantlfc81

Getting first plot and making the jump.

I have a lady coming over tomorrow with her dad who is a landrover expert, she has already agreed a price and paid a deposit, this should be fun !

7 hours ago, Wheelerdealer1 said:

I have a lady coming over tomorrow with her dad who is a landrover expert, she has already agreed a price and paid a deposit, this should be fun !

Tell her if she wants the rear prop on its another £400 and an optional added extra.

On 27/12/2017 at 0:14 PM, andymc1973 said:

indeed but the vast majority have no mechanical knowledge

Correct. Although they often seem to know an expert. Funnily enough this expert is usually of the ‘self-appointed Internet forum armchair’ variety and has a £10 Halfords socket set.

On 27/12/2017 at 0:39 PM, s and b said:

you dont need mechanical knowledge though

just common sense

Many seem only too keen to prove they have none of that either! 

As for punters coming with their ‘expert’ you can soon tell a genuine mechanic (or similar) from a f***ing idiot making out he knows the score and checking every last nut & bolt rather than a cursory glance and just getting in & driving the car.

I dont mind a real mechanic at all, billy i changed my oil once ten years ago kills my will to live

Well that didn’t go well, he didn’t like my car but unfortunately for him the daughter had the last word, his main grip was that it had a tow bar ( factory fitted ) and this meant someone had used it to lower boats into the water, beggars belief!

44 minutes ago, Wheelerdealer1 said:

Well that didn’t go well, he didn’t like my car but unfortunately for him the daughter had the last word, his main grip was that it had a tow bar ( factory fitted ) and this meant someone had used it to lower boats into the water, beggars belief!

wow

its donkey years since ive removed a towbar to sell a car

you have to remember hes a landrover expert though so he knows the towbars come off with half his rear chassis on an old landie:lol:

1 minute ago, s and b said:

wow

its donkey years since ive removed a towbar to sell a car

you have to remember hes a landrover expert though so he knows the towbars come off with half his rear chassis on an old landie:lol:

Bit like a Navarro then!

5 hours ago, Wheelerdealer1 said:

Moron. Real mechanics know exactly what to look for. I can tell a charade straight away and I let them know, I know its a farce.

On 29/12/2017 at 0:30 PM, Wheelerdealer1 said:

I’d of asked him if he knew the previous owner then?

Well I get the keys to my plot tomorrow and branding is done. Exciting times, close brother reps coming to see me next week. Wish me luck :) ignore The price and year on the advertising, just a mock up :)

2542B8C9-429A-4C3B-8815-972C958CAE9C.jpeg

B29C4021-9BE6-48AF-8541-67527CD77FF3.jpeg

Edited by Grantlfc81