Sign in to follow this  
GreenGiant

Shares tumble at Pendragon

Let’s be honest, it’s no surprise to anyone that sales are down. In fact it seems to be on just about anything and certainly isn’t restricted to vehicles.

Oh well, at least they seem optimistic about being with  us peasants in the second hand game.

Just seen this,18% drop,it's an over reaction,if they drop to 21.5p ,I am having 10k,if they drop more ,I'm having some more !

See what happens to Vertu,they could self destruct .

Not inclined to agree. Looking at the accounts of quite a few franchised dealers v their actual stock holding, the physical stock just doesn't exist! 

4 hours ago, trade vet said:

Just seen this,18% drop,it's an over reaction,if they drop to 21.5p ,I am having 10k,if they drop more ,I'm having some more !

74 million to 60 million is about 18% of a drop. You're right it'll recover for the last year it's traded mostly above 30. Buy low, sell high! :lol:

18 hours ago, tradex said:

I think they maybe worth more in real estate?

That sounds so god dam USA

19 hours ago, tradex said:

I want to own this company because its super dooper

Just now, s and b said:
19 hours ago, tradex said:

I want to own this company because its super dooper

shares down again this morning,are you sure:D

20 hours ago, tradex said:

I think they maybe worth more in real estate?

Possibly.

i read its down to bad management, usual too many chiefs and not enough indians, phoning three times a day "how many have we sold today ? what percentage were also sold a load of shit ? why why why ? :unsure:

tis why i work for meself, if i dont go out and meet n greet i dont eat  meat and i dont feel greet :lol:

He's claiming peak car. which sounds like peak oil to me. The British population has expanded significantly over the last few decades. There are more potential punters out there.  

On 23/10/2017 at 11:43 AM, s and b said:

full year profit to come in at £60 million, down from last year’s £75.4 million.

pretty much in line with my own forecast here for my business actually:lol:

Yes, I’ll probably hit those figures too :lol:

1 hour ago, Arfur Dealy said:

Yes, I’ll probably hit those figures too :lol:

I hit that back end of first quarter. Was selling cars at the bar from livechat on my Italian holiday's.....:ph34r:

7 hours ago, Rob774 said:

He's claiming peak car. which sounds like peak oil to me. The British population has expanded significantly over the last few decades. There are more potential punters out there.  

Indeed.  As an example, Driving Instructors seem to be busy and in my region, they have waiting lists like the NHS for taking your test. 

• Like 1

On 23/10/2017 at 1:23 PM, trade vet said:

I couldn't  get any at 21.5p,now the CEO Trevor Finn has bought £400k worth at 22p,they have bounced a few pence.That is commitment.He has been running the show for years,he is a proper car dealer not a PLC bullshitter.I think I will now  wait for 22.7p ( only 2 grands worth ) it is a risk!

I couldn't  get any at 21.5p,now the CEO Trevor Finn has bought £400k worth at 22p,they have bounced a few pence.That is commitment.He has been running the show for years,he is a proper car dealer not a PLC bullshitter.I think I will now  wait for 22.7p ( only 2 grands worth ) it is a risk!

see what he sold them for in june 

2 hours ago, s and b said:

see what he sold them for in june 

Yes 34p,I don't think he has broken any rules.

12 hours ago, have a word with the wife said:

Pendragon will dispose of its US-based retail group and begin the reduction of its premium franchises in the UK as part of a revised business strategy.

They are expecting to get £100m for their California dealerships and return money to shareholders.I think they may have 8 dealerships out there.How much would you get for 8 dealerships here,you would probably have to pay to get rid of one or two.Vertu have 120 and have a market valuation of £180m !Good news for shareholders.

They are expecting to get £100m for their California dealerships and return money to shareholders.I think they may have 8 dealerships out there.How much would you get for 8 dealerships here,you would probably have to pay to get rid of one or two.Vertu have 120 and have a market valuation of £180m !Good news for shareholders.

and all charges satisfied:huh::)