Sign in to follow this  
Ocsltd

Autotrader review help!

The nut job I had on Sunday has left me a scathing 1 star review on Autotrader, is there anything I can do about this, or do I have to just suck it up?!

Any advice greatly appreciated, many thanks

28 minutes ago, tradex said:

You need to talk to Autotrader I guess, but window regulators in Golfs come to mind, sorry chocolate fireguards....it amazes me that a lot of these so called review sites, one can leave a review for something that hasn't been bought, often without any means of reply.

I didn't buy a car from Tradex. It was the wrong colour, not enough doors, the incorrect country of manufacture, not my fuel of choice, I can only drive automatics yet they had manual gearbox cars for sale, utter disgrace.

...on the plus imagine what sort of customer they would of been had they bought a car from you, you may of escaped a bulletB)

Yeah you're absolutely right, I'm glad he didn't buy the car. I'm just angry how someone like that can have such a strong bearing on my business / reputation. It's not constructive or honest, just spiteful. 

What concern's me most, is that I won't have an opportunity to explain the situation to people reading it. Once they're through the door and they meet me / see my cars, they will realise it was nonsense, but how many people is going to prevent picking up the phone / walking through the door.....

As you say, it's all too easy for someone to leave a review, who haven't even purchased a car!!....

if you have legal protection on your motor trades policy consider running by them a carefully worded answer you can submit to autotrader 

buy a couple of shares and heckle ed w=illiams at the next shareholders meeting

or as said dont use them if you dont have to

get a man in a monkey suit on the main road waving with a balloon in his hand this is proper local advertising for local people

i got them removed, explained the situation but be aware its a 3rd party company that publishes them, message me and I can try to explain better, Andy 

1 hour ago, andymc1973 said:

i got them removed, explained the situation but be aware its a 3rd party company that publishes them, message me and I can try to explain better, Andy 

Hi Andy, thank you, have messaged you. Cheers

1 hour ago, andymc1973 said:

Andy .......you could charge for this service,you would probably get a lot of enquiries !

Thanks for the replies, and thanks Andy for taking the time to chat earlier! 

I've now challenged the review, so it's down to the 3rd party who manage it. 

We'll see...

Thankfully a genuine customer who collected a car today, left me a glowing 5 star review, and I didn't have to pay her!! :lol:

call oliver rushton at the Kremiln (autotrader towers), the guy was the most helpfull by a long way

31 minutes ago, andymc1973 said:

call oliver rushton at the Kremiln (autotrader towers), the guy was the most helpfull by a long way

Will do, thanks.

I had a friend that had a similar review left about his business, no transaction took place, the customer just didn't like his telephone manner.

He ended up tracking him down via facebook, found his address and turned up at his front door! The review was swiftly removed :lol: 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, M.J said:

He ended up tracking him down via facebook, found his address and turned up at his front door! The review was swiftly removed :lol: 

Hahaha, most of these keyboard warriors are just complete dickheads. Years ago someone told me a simple phrase that's VERY (note the capitals!) true & most people would do well to remember before they pressed the "enter" button;

Do not put anything in an email or text that YOU WOULDN'T BE PREPARED TO SAY TO THE MAN'S FACE.

4 minutes ago, andymc1973 said:

did you get this sorted?

No, they wouldn't remove it. 

Instead I had to bite my tounge and put a 'professional' reply on.

I'm now encouraging my 'normal' customers to leave genuine feedback / reviews.

31 minutes ago, tradex said:

That is beyond crazy, it's defamatory and slanderous.....or is it liable...I can never remember which way round for written and spoken, either way it's a shitty thing to do to someones livelihood.

I completely agree mate. Someone doesn't even have to pick up the phone, or step on your pitch, if they've got a valid email address they can say what they like about your business!! :rolleyes:

This was their response:

Hello,

Thanks for getting in touch.

We have looked at this review and have found that it does not breach our moderation rules, nor has it been flagged as suspicious and therefore it will remain on our site.

We understand it can be disappointing to receive a negative review however, it’s so important to reply to them - the most important bit. The reply feature is your opportunity to show your professionalism, highlight any misunderstanding or false accusation and to put things right with the customer. Almost every negative review can be resolved with a professional reply, therefore we will not remove a negative review just because it is negative or factually incorrect.

Negative reviews aren’t the end of the world; they actually help build trust and credibility – 68% of consumers trust reviews more when they see a mixture of good and bad scores and are specifically looking to see how retailers react to bad reviews*. (* Source: Reevoo)

Tips and best practice advice on how to reply professionally can be found here: https://trade.autotrader.co.uk/articles/dealer-reviews/dealer-reviews-best-practice-tips/

It’s important to know that your reply will also be emailed to the reviewer, so it can be used to reach out to them for more information if required.

Kind regards,

Dealer Reviews Team

The bit that got me was where they say, "we will not remove a negative review just because it is negative or factually incorrect" :o:rolleyes:

Bit like saying, even if someone makes up a load of old boll*cks, we won't do anything about it!!! WTF?! :blink:

On 2017-6-6 at 5:50 PM, M.J said:

I had a friend that had a similar review left about his business, no transaction took place, the customer just didn't like his telephone manner.

They all squirm when confronted. I had a horrible lady leave us a dreadful review over a Mini she purchased from us. It had a minor issue it got sorted, she left happy and smiling and then went all out leaving horrible feedback that was actually untrue. She called us a 'bunch of scambags' :lol: I wrote to her and bluffed if she did not remove the review and cease the behaviour I would be taking her to court with no further warning. Review was removed and nothing further heard out of her.

We also had some idiot a few months ago who had enquired via email about a car and then turned up to view it an wanted to test drive despite saying he was not going to buy it and was not ready to buy. I declined to test drive it, he went away and the next day left a 1 star review. No comments, no words no nothing.

I emailed him politely and suggested if he was unhappy with anything he could have spoken to me directly yet he denied all knowledge of it, said it must be a mistake, said it must have been his wife but ultimately it was removed straight away. Really pathetic weasel behaviour. 

I would leave a bad review for a business if I genuinely had bad service but not just because I did not get my own way. 

Just make sure you bulk it up with good ones although it is hard actually getting customers to write positively about our businesses.

a solicitors letter for £30 quid will get it removed, I've seen it happen on ebay

Unfortunately I can't see this situation improving, leaving negative feedback is all part of the game. Chancers hoping to get some sort of compensation for their experience, whether imaginary or not. These people think that the internet offers anonimity and protection from saying whatever they like in a fit of rage that otherwise would have them standing in court

I would happily pay £30 for a solicitors letter in an attempt to get it removed, but I don't have his surname or address, only his first name and mobile number....

1 hour ago, Ocsltd said:

I would happily pay £30 for a solicitors letter in an attempt to get it removed, but I don't have his surname or address, only his first name and mobile number....

Type the mobile number into Facebook and see if it brings up a profile! Likewise in Google...You might be pleasantly surprised!

Just now, Mikey said:

Type the mobile number into Facebook and see if it brings up a profile! Likewise in Google...You might be pleasantly surprised!

Yeah thanks, I tried google, nothing. But will try facebook, cheers.

Just remembered had a funny one a few months back regarding a Mini i sold, developed a minor fault a few weeks later. No problem i said bring it back when you can and i'll get it sorted, the part required had to be ordered in so i called the customer the next afternoon and said apologies but the car will be with us for 1 extra day as we need to order the part in, so a 48hr turnaround from the point of her dropping it off, not bad going i thought. I said because its going to be an extra day i'll drop the car back to your house for you, saves you having to do the journey to us.

She says ''no problem, thanks so much for sorting it and dropping the car back'' etc, etc.

5 mins after i get off the phone i get a text message from the same polite lady along the lines of ''For f**ks sake, absolute joke! My car is still not ready, not gonna be ready until tomorrow, piss take!'' and about another 5 paragraphs more of f'ing and blinding.

I then get another text from the same lady immediately after saying how that text was meant for her sister and she text me by mistake and that she is soooo sorry, just that she needs her car, sorry, sorry, etc. 

Safe to say when i personally dropped the car to her the next day it was very awkward :D

3 hours ago, M.J said:

Just remembered had a funny one a few months back regarding a Mini i sold, developed a minor fault a few weeks later. No problem i said bring it back when you can and i'll get it sorted, the part required had to be ordered in so i called the customer the next afternoon and said apologies but the car will be with us for 1 extra day as we need to order the part in, so a 48hr turnaround from the point of her dropping it off, not bad going i thought. I said because its going to be an extra day i'll drop the car back to your house for you, saves you having to do the journey to us.

She says ''no problem, thanks so much for sorting it and dropping the car back'' etc, etc.

5 mins after i get off the phone i get a text message from the same polite lady along the lines of ''For f**ks sake, absolute joke! My car is still not ready, not gonna be ready until tomorrow, piss take!'' and about another 5 paragraphs more of f'ing and blinding.

I then get another text from the same lady immediately after saying how that text was meant for her sister and she text me by mistake and that she is soooo sorry, just that she needs her car, sorry, sorry, etc. 

Safe to say when i personally dropped the car to her the next day it was very awkward :D

proper ladies dont swear

i call them men with tits

12 hours ago, Ocsltd said:

Phone him very enthusiastically, you need to confirm his address with the prize he won, free beans for the next year or something