Sign in to follow this  
betginge

Gumtree Anyone ?

Hi Guys

Just been speaking to gum tree about placing adverts via the site, they are offering me a 13 car package for £189pm with all the bells and trinkets etc, Is anyone using them and if so what are you paying as am sure when I spoke to someone about it a wile back its was alot cheaper.  

I dont think it is expensive, I mean look at auto trader costs :lol: but I just want to make sure I am not being overpriced on the sales ladies rate card, Being Northern I could not live with the shame of overpaying 50p of my hard earned cash.  

It is worth a go at that price.I know of one dealer who does under £2k stuff,who only uses Gumtree and appears to do OK.( sells plenty but I don't know if they make any money) .Have a look at Car Gurus ,if you have not done so already,we have just signed up ( good price) !

Yep sounds about right price wise, and works well for us again lower price bracket, it is very cut throat so expect the pond life to hound you via email I get daily my cars are the most expensive on there I just ignore them these days dont even waste my time trying to talk to them.

Once again for your business model Mr Ginge, I can't help feeling you'd be better spending that money on FB. Also, what you have been offered does seem a bit OTT compared to ebay and Motors which would surely bring in more leads.

Facebook is working for us and the leads are coming in. Am just greedy and want more leads as we get a high decline rate on subprime so its just about feeding the machine with props and convert what turns green.

I am willing to give it a go, I intend to use it for driving leads and applications to the website, so someone see's a car as a point of interest on gum tree (from £20pw etc) , see what services we offer, clicks to the site and puts a application in.

I used to be a big motors fan, but noticed a massive fall off in calls once Manhiem bought them out, I dont know what changed but i noticed the prices went up a LOT, we used to have cracking deals with our local evening post (newspaper) from motors spin off color adds in the classifieds for pennies it was all good then just dried up. 

Ebay would be great if i didnt have to compete with someone 400 miles away as the search engine is defaulted to best match not nearest first. 

So we are now on Gumtree and so far so good well a year or two in. 

5 hours ago, betginge said:

I am willing to give it a go, I intend to use it for driving leads and applications to the website, so someone see's a car as a point of interest on gum tree (from £20pw etc) , see what services we offer, clicks to the site and puts a application in.

sounds spot on for gumtree to me

18 hours ago, andymc1973 said:

is gumtree not full of time wasters

no more than ebay, and they dont waste as much time as customer i used to get from motors, had three emails from last nights add two i plain ignored (new to me) and the third resulted in a sale. 

its just every time I have used it the opening gambit is always money off

Betginge are you on eBay? Apologies if I'm teaching you to suck eggs but eBay own Gumtree and as such you can just have all your eBay content uploaded straight onto Gumtree. We have 25 cars with eBay and Gumtree was an extra £140pm (12m min commit) at the time we were looking at it.

It's now £200 and something having just logged into motorspro... but maybe negotiable?!

When I've used it before it's been pretty good for sub £5k stuff. Quirky stock seems to work well.

6 hours ago, tradex said:

Same as Fleabay....in fact I'm wondering why I bother with that at the moment....with my current footfall I may as well use Indian Smoke signals for the all the good it's doing.

Image result for indian smoke signals

hang on in :)

On 5/23/2017 at 10:18 PM, Mojo121 said:

Betginge are you on eBay? Apologies if I'm teaching you to suck eggs but eBay own Gumtree and as such you can just have all your eBay content uploaded straight onto Gumtree. We have 25 cars with eBay and Gumtree was an extra £140pm (12m min commit) at the time we were looking at it.

It's now £200 and something having just logged into motorspro... but maybe negotiable?!

When I've used it before it's been pretty good for sub £5k stuff. Quirky stock seems to work well.

am on ebay motors, just using up my free two months package at the min. To be fair got a lead on a eos rom the fleabay today which am sure is going to deal so its paid itself anyhow. Gumtree  will go with in the next week or so. Will do a 6 month package and see how it goes. if it gave me 1 deal a month i would be happy as a pig in shit 

• Like 1

I believe it's good enough if you're selling absolute dross but the general consensus seems to be the that there are even more pond life numpties looking on Gumtree than eBay, which is saying something! Although to be fair that's the problem with internet & mobile phones nowadays - the cretins will do anything other than pick-up the phone. As always don't even waste your time replying to someone who you identify as an idiot by their substandard grammar, punctuation & lack of manners.

Anyhow, back on track. My attitude is that it's worth a go for the free month or two & see if it works for you. Personally it wasn't but hey ho!

Sub £2k stuff no problem, anything else I don't bother so for the amount we do I just pay individually ( £10 if i remember ) 

As per above - 3 am texts - BST PRC 4 CASH M8

innit

Not sure if it was a wind up but had a call a few days ago for an old Ford Ka we had listed as a non runner, spares or repairs £75. 

Had a call via gumtree asking if i could arrange a payment plan for the vehicle :o