Sign in to follow this  
Ocsltd

April 2017 Sales

Dead here, one appointment yesterday which cancelled lastminute.com.

Hate bank holidays with a passion!! Got 2 cars that need to go to the bodyshop but they're not open until Tuesday........ :rolleyes:

Two no shows a few of the low ball offer brigade. and a sprinkling of " Is the **** still for sale?".. but then nothing after that!!

Not known it this quiet for a long time.   

Excellent month so far and a massive improvement on last month but this weekend looks to be a complete wash out. No one about.

8 hours ago, Mojo121 said:

Excellent month so far and a massive improvement on last month but this weekend looks to be a complete wash out. No one about.

They are spending all there money on eggs in Tesco

23 hours ago, metcars said:

They are spending all there money on eggs in Tesco

Agree

apparently Chocolate Eggs are very popular this time of the year. Something to do with Jesus   :D

1 hour ago, betginge said:

Agree

apparently Chocolate Eggs are very popular this time of the year. Something to do with Jesus   :D

I've heard Jesus bought all his eggs at Tesco:D

18 hours ago, metcars said:

I've heard Jesus bought all his eggs at Tesco:D

Don't be Daft, Jesus is a left wing green party voter, Have you not seen that beard and sandals , NO NO NO!!! Jesus buys his eggs from waitrose's 

Giving back to the community and supporting employee ownership, Something that scares me terribly

One today...finally!

Been a dire month so far and March was pretty pointless too. Hopefully now Easter is out the way and the schools are back it'll get back to normal. Been a very odd six weeks.

4 hours ago, betginge said:

Don't be Daft, Jesus is a left wing green party voter, Have you not seen that beard and sandals , NO NO NO!!! Jesus buys his eggs from waitrose's 

Giving back to the community and supporting employee ownership, Something that scares me terribly

That'll be a 'vegan' egg then!

I'm still finding it depressingly quiet, (I am low on stock with a few in mid preparation), but has it picked up for anyone else??

Did have one nut job email through autotrader part ex enquiry, wanted £2500 for his 52 plate Lexus IS200 with 80k miles......

I'm finding it a bit more normal now. One Monday (been in stock six months...no more yellow cars!) and one Tuesday that isn't a surprise to be sold at full price.

It's a bit quiet on the enquiries and footfall but much better than the last two weeks

Plenty of enquires but no one parting with the readies. Still on two for the month, one of which was money back. Not sure whats causing my downturn

Bangers are selling still 

04 mini one  today with a stupid john cooper works body kit fitted, Not my cup of tea but the local Youth loved it (sold within 12 hours of going live)

06 Focus diesel sold 

and man pending on a old 04 facelift punto that came in cheap last week. 

Are be glad when the new pitch opens for the dearer metal, With have penciled in the opening for the mayday.

anybody being affected by Diesel-gate? Had quite a few stern "no's" from people when i mention a diesel, i didn't think at first there would be any affect, especially not this early into it, but for me, it does seem to to swaying punters

Defo seen a big change here(southport)lots of customers saying no diesel whatsoever,excuses ranging from big uncertantity what is going to hapen with future residuals,tax issues,emmission charging, to personal issues with harmfull emissions,had a lady ring up today to ask about a petrol qashqai we have in, and asked three times "its definitley a petrol isnt it....dont want a diesel"

• Like 1

We've had 11 diesels in stock and sold 2 of those this week. 

TBH I'd love a swing towards petrol as they have always been my preference as things just don't seem to go as wrong.

• Like 1

We are seeing a massive swing in petrol's favour...even on bigger stuff like Kugas and Insignias. Lot of punters who are turning up even ask not to be shown anything diesel. They're the customer and obviously right but who wants to be towing a caravan getting 15 mpg out of a petrol Kuga or Mondeo? Mental in my opinion.

Petrol's good though, as SC Derby points out...they don't really go wrong.

On a side note...after the disaster that has been the last few weeks I've just had my busiest week ever.

Sold eight and five were cars we had resigned to never shifting...had all five over 6 months and a couple over 12 months. Very weird but very very welcome.

That explains the lack of interest in the Passat TDI estate, Focus TDCI and Astra CDTI i can't seen to shift. Normally popular cars.

The new changes shouldn't effect older stock though. 

Diesels still shifting here nicely. 

I have been selling quite a lot newer cars over the past few months some of which still has manufacturers warranty - Such a lovely feeling not having to stand them if anything goes wrong :D 

Another very quiet weekend, apart from a guy trying via text to convince me his modified chavved up W reg Golf GTI was worth £2500 on a PX against a 07 Golf TSI GT.. Spent a day last week re photographing and re wording adverts snipped £50-£100 off here and there. Rapidly approaching two very quiet months on the trot. 

On 4/24/2017 at 10:41 AM, MrC said:

Another very quiet weekend, apart from a guy trying via text to convince me his modified chavved up W reg Golf GTI was worth £2500 on a PX against a 07 Golf TSI GT.. Spent a day last week re photographing and re wording adverts snipped £50-£100 off here and there. Rapidly approaching two very quiet months on the trot. 

£2.5K for a bad ass Golf on the W plate, Did you keep his number sounds a right trinket :P

Sold an old punto that came in chop today, the old man came back for it. Was getting worried as we had not heard from him, I would of hated for something terrible to happen to him before purchasing one of my fine chariots.  

April has been a very good month, the weekend just gone has been incredibly busy for me. Did 5 Sales with 3 on finance Saturday plus 4 additional collections and then another 3 on Sunday. 7 of the total sales all took the car away on the same day which was a good result. Now back to trying to replace them all this week and tracking down some decent stock.

I get a right buzz out of the job when its busy though, love weekends like that.