Sign in to follow this  
Paulusk2z

hello everyone - new trader here!

hi everyone, new car dealer here! couldnt find a topic for introducing myself so thought i would start a new one.

Been trading since october and not doing too bad.. yet to make a decent living so may be after some advice further down the line!

Having a grim month this month, only sold 1 out of 8 in stock which covers the businee bills and thats it :S actually worse so far than december/january!

Depends on your stock value, I find selling mostly bread and butter the end of the month is always busier due to people getting paid ect

Hi and welcome. Sometimes a slow start can mean a busy end of the month, keep the faith....!

1 hour ago, justina3 said:

Depends on your stock value, I find selling mostly bread and butter the end of the month is always busier due to people getting paid ect

to be honest, most of my stock is less than 5grand. i find that audi and VW sell best, but i have been struggling to get them lately, so have bought a couple of BMWs. and although they seem popular for people to look at online, i have had no enquiries :( i do find BMWs take a while to sell.

43 minutes ago, Ocsltd said:

Hi and welcome. Sometimes a slow start can mean a busy end of the month, keep the faith....!

i really do hope that is the case :S i am staying positive!

Welcome. I find the same as you, BMW get lots of attention are better than most and give few problems, but are slow to shift. Audi's tend to sell easily, although there always seems to be a niggle somewhere with them.

Hi there,

I always do well with 1 series so long as they are 5 doors...not tried many other BMs but have a lovely 60 plate 530D in now so i'll see what happens.

As for quick sellers...HYUNDAI i10 Classics and Chevy Matiz £30 taxers. Love them both and they always go double quick! :D

2 hours ago, grant8064 said:

Hi there,

I always do well with 1 series so long as they are 5 doors...not tried many other BMs but have a lovely 60 plate 530D in now so i'll see what happens.

As for quick sellers...HYUNDAI i10 Classics and Chevy Matiz £30 taxers. Love them both and they always go double quick! :D

Like this, I just bought a i10 on the 09 with 89k for bargain £700+fee from the block, the catch is it wants £250 worth a paint and a alternator. I have to say the do drive well for a supermini, better than a matiz.

41 minutes ago, betginge said:

i10 on the 09 with 89k for bargain £700+fee from the block

Outstanding! You would have had to pay more for that if I was there!:D

35 minutes ago, betginge said:

Like this, I just bought a i10 on the 09 with 89k for bargain £700+fee from the block, the catch is it wants £250 worth a paint and a alternator. I have to say the do drive well for a supermini, better than a matiz.

Haha yer they're pretty good to buzz about in. They sell incredibly well down here, slightly higher seating position helps a lot and a lot of older folk seem to have a friend who recommends one too. I love them, always a good seller. You're brave taking an 89k one on though...anything over 60k seems to always need an alternator or starter motor, a battery and sometimes discs. The interiors wear well but mechanical parts aren't the cheapest I find and Hyundai stuff starts life cheap for a reason.

All told though good little things and always quick to go.

Adversely the new shape Picantos, 11 plate onwards, are, I think, much better cars. Drive really, really well. Better spec. Better looking. Better paintwork. They are so unpopular and I cannot work out why. Just sold a mint 40k 63 plate for the same money as a 40k 60 plate i10 and it has taken months to get rid of. I honestly cannot work out why either.

Matiz and Getz both drive badly but have a warm place in my heart. I do love small Korean boxes!

:lol::lol: Too funny!

Was it an Aeroplane blonde that bought it?

still no sales :( but.. had a few enquiries! need to shift at least another before the end of the month so i can go and buy myself some golfs and A3s! lol

just had a visit from the close brothers account manager, who is going to help me with my FCA licence :) and just had my menheim account sorted!

getting there slowly :) this month is an absolute killer though!!!!

11 hours ago, Rory RSC said:

;);):lol:

I love a Hyundai Getz, cracking cars, always do well with any under 40k miles! The first 3 getz's I sold were bought as "elderly owner sadly passed away" (they always seem to be the best buys) 

18 hours ago, david gott said:

I love a Hyundai Getz, cracking cars, always do well with any under 40k miles! The first 3 getz's I sold were bought as "elderly owner sadly passed away" (they always seem to be the best buys) 

i think they drive real good too

proper power steering, non of that electronic dead at straight ahead captain rubbish

only the 1086 engine mind

51 minutes ago, s and b said:

i think they drive real good too

proper power steering, non of that electronic dead at straight ahead captain rubbish

only the 1086 engine mind

Oh listen to you guys all loved up with you Hyundai's... Getz a room! :P:lol:

i think i will still with the trusty golfs and A3's for a while!.. once i shift some of this stuff i have on my forecourt and free up so cash to buy some!