Sign in to follow this  
XFS

What's The Highest Milage Car You Have Seen

Taxi Driver told me today a Skoda on their fleet is on 450,000 on the original engine. I didn't see the vehicle but I,ve no reason to doubt it's true. I,ve been in a couple of Merc taxis getting on for 300,000

My personal car (Saab 900) is on 205,000 now.

Never really get any super high mileage stuff in chop but i'm looking forward to seeing what some of you have taken in

I know of a local Taxi company who have 2-3 Peugeot 406 2.0 HDi's in their fleet with circa 400k - 450k miles on them....

Black taxi with 457k! One of the old classic ones with the nissan running gear. 

Bought a 260K 2007 VW Touran TDi today from the block, looks like its done 90k lol, lovely clean car.

Clearly been a taxi and not the sort thing i would buy, but £500 ??? No brainer, Might clock it and give it the Wife lol she think I have splashed out big time. 

On a serious note it drives lovely, and the sort of thing I can flog to a taxi firm £995 trade sale. There can be money in high mileage cars, last week i hesitated on a 2010 passat TDi with 170k on it, few stone chips but overall clean car for mileage, it did £1200 sold.:wacko:  Kicking myself now. 

High miles are hard work without service history, plus punters think you're desperate to sell 'because' its got legs?

I ran an Audi A6 1.9 Tdi Avant (1998) up to 278, 000 miles , I used to use it as a loan car  as well - none of the customers could belive how well it looked and drove ... sadly was coming to end of its life with the Air con compressor making a noise and front wings just starting to bubble ...still fetched £1000 and on its way to I belive Romania ( that was 2007/8 ish ) 

Sold a Mondeo to a taxi firm with 311000 miles up it a good few years ago......they sold it a few years later to my friends neighbour with 67000 miles!

Must have driven in reverse for three years!

When i worked for Merc we used to get a fleet of private hire cars come. Regularly we'd see 3 year old ones with over 300k on the clock. The things would never get cold, the drivers just swapped out at the end of their shift. Also saw a Passat 1.9tdi for sale with 422k on the clock recently.

Got offered an MR2 of all things last week with 350k on it, wish I'd bought it now for giggles

With this thread in mind, I couldn't help but notice the 01/Y 1.2 Clio at Manheim Colchester with 165k. Not the highest miles but who'd have thought?

Just now, metcars said:

With this thread in mind, I couldn't help but notice the 01/Y 1.2 Clio at Manheim Colchester with 165k. Not the highest miles but who'd have thought?

Yeah that's a shocker, surprised Manheim aren't selling that with 32k warranted miles given their recent track record.....

And there was me thinking my 05 Octavia with 172 on it was high..

Highest I think Ive seen was 225k on a 3 yr old 02 plate Toledo once upon a time!

I was just comparing prices of E220Cdi Mercs on AT as we've just bought one into stock with 75k on the clock. There's one with 485k for sale if anyone wants it?! :D

edit- here she is: http://www2.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201612020291215?radius=1500&aggregatedTrim=E220%20CDI&postcode=rh11bf&onesearchad=Used&onesearchad=Nearly%20New&onesearchad=New&make=MERCEDES-BENZ&sort=price-asc&advertising-location=at_cars&model=E%20CLASS&page=2

Edited by Daylight

39 minutes ago, Daylight said:

I was just comparing prices of E220Cdi Mercs on AT as we've just bought one into stock with 75k on the clock. There's one with 485k for sale if anyone wants it?! :D

edit- here she is: http://www2.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201612020291215?radius=1500&aggregatedTrim=E220%20CDI&postcode=rh11bf&onesearchad=Used&onesearchad=Nearly%20New&onesearchad=New&make=MERCEDES-BENZ&sort=price-asc&advertising-location=at_cars&model=E%20CLASS&page=2

Looks quite tidy for a half million miler!

Took in an old P38 Range this week with 210k on the clock and somehow everything electrical works!

Got a Vx Vectra 1.8 exclusiv on a 2007/57 coming in part chop on Saturday morning

record for a Vauxhall in my experience.

Autotrader guide retail £890 btw :D

39 minutes ago, SC Derby said:

Got a Vx Vectra 1.8 exclusiv on a 2007/57 coming in part chop on Saturday morning

record for a Vauxhall in my experience.

Autotrader guide retail £890 btw :D

Wowser's 217k on a 1.8 petrol!! That's close to death then! Good luck with AT's estimation lol.... More chance of nailing Blancmange to the ceiling!

I know, madness. Still on the original clutch too! Blokes had it since 7 weeks old.

ha-ha now that IS how to get maximum value out of a car... Fair play! I guess he didn't give a stuff on the PX value then!?  50p?

Highest mileage we've taken in recently is 180k miles P Reg, 1 owner from new, full history.......Ford ka......and he haggled me up from £50 to £100!!

10 hours ago, James Bush said:

Highest mileage we've taken in recently is 180k miles P Reg, 1 owner from new, full history.......Ford ka......and he haggled me up from £50 to £100!!

I'm amazed it didn't rot away before hitting that mileage!!!