Sign in to follow this  
Barclaywoodmotorco

DECEMBER SALES

Done two yesterday but it's been dead otherwise...broken even for the month though so that's all that matters.

Been buying a fair few which has been good...fair few people in need of a bit of xmas money!

Just bought a mini clubman from a private local customer.

Black, cooper, heated leather, sunroof. 86k but 9 stamps on a 57.

Likely to be good news? Never had a clubman before. Nice condition.

2 hours ago, SC Derby said:

I struggled big time with the one and only clubman I've ever had, took over 3 months to shift! But it was an odd limited edition (Hampton) very firm ride.

4 hours ago, SC Derby said:

Struggled massively with a 60 plate 30k FSH one. Took 6 months to sell despite being the cheapest 60 plate under 50k in the country. Took a crap finance deal on it with a massive reduction just so I didn't have to look at it anymore. Customer doesn't seem to particularly like it either...hasn't had a wash in months.

Thought the car would suit a scummy mummy but crap seats to get kids in and out of kills the school run car aspect massively. We then thought old people might like it being a 'sensible' estate mini but it was always too low. 

If you find the right target punter for yours let me know the demographic! 

(nice spec and black can't hurt it's chances...be interested how you get on)

One appointment turned up today.

07 Hyundai, 30k, FSH, new cambelt, electric everything, minter than a grade A 65 reg...(whilst it's an 07 Hyundai it really is a lovely, proper car) £2295

Guy travels hours to see it...agrees it is mint, everything does work, the history is lovely, it does have brand new tyres and cambelt, the spare is new and unused and it does drive like a 30k car should. 

...needs to go see two others first though before deciding over the xmas period :huh:

1 hour ago, grant8064 said:

Struggled massively with a 60 plate 30k FSH one. Took 6 months to sell despite being the cheapest 60 plate under 50k in the country. Took a crap finance deal on it with a massive reduction just so I didn't have to look at it anymore. Customer doesn't seem to particularly like it either...hasn't had a wash in months.

Thought the car would suit a scummy mummy but crap seats to get kids in and out of kills the school run car aspect massively. We then thought old people might like it being a 'sensible' estate mini but it was always too low. 

If you find the right target punter for yours let me know the demographic! 

(nice spec and black can't hurt it's chances...be interested how you get on)

One appointment turned up today.

07 Hyundai, 30k, FSH, new cambelt, electric everything, minter than a grade A 65 reg...(whilst it's an 07 Hyundai it really is a lovely, proper car) £2295

Guy travels hours to see it...agrees it is mint, everything does work, the history is lovely, it does have brand new tyres and cambelt, the spare is new and unused and it does drive like a 30k car should. 

...needs to go see two others first though before deciding over the xmas period :huh:

I've had some strange punters, but that is a bizzar one....

Unless he's banking on you being quiet over the festive period, and will try and chip you on the price in a couple of weeks?

Had the usual Friday evening email tonight....

"Interested in your car. It seems cheap. Why is that?"

Cba to answer as I know he's going to try and chip the price in the morning. I'm just going to tell him it's sold.

Quite strong on sales at the moment and just waiting for it to drop off a cliff at some point so trying to keep the momentum rolling. 

Over a car a day for the month so far with good profits in them. 

16 hours ago, Ocsltd said:

I've had some strange punters, but that is a bizzar one....

Unless he's banking on you being quiet over the festive period, and will try and chip you on the price in a couple of weeks?

Either that or he was just a total dud. We shall see because it's still going to be £2295

On 16/12/2016 at 2:58 PM, SC Derby said:

I cant buy these fast enough - Cooper S 57-60 plates go in days however they are VERY unreliable

2010 onwards cooper D's will sell all day - problem is alot of these are used by sole traders/painter decorator types that use them as vans, so most are sh1t up to high heaven. I have sold every one i've had quickly, but i'm very picky when purchasing. 

On subject, I went on holiday so was shut for effectively 2 weeks, had 2 trade cars sold being collected on my return and then i've done 4 mini's  this week and am waiting for my 2 o clock ( now 2.25!! grrrrrr ) for the 5th of the week hopefully. I would have been happy to do 6 for the month with Christmas and being off for a fortnight, but i'm thinking can at least get to double figures. Desperate for stock though!

I seem to be having my fair share of numpties at the moment!

Had one appointment for today, keen as mustard on the phone, then cancels at the 11th hour. Another appointment for tomorrow, again, keen as mustard on the phone, perfect car, spec etc etc, just cancelled. :rolleyes:

I wish these people wouldn't bother making contact....

On 12/18/2016 at 8:14 PM, Ocsltd said:

I seem to be having my fair share of numpties at the moment!

Had one appointment for today, keen as mustard on the phone, then cancels at the 11th hour. Another appointment for tomorrow, again, keen as mustard on the phone, perfect car, spec etc etc, just cancelled. :rolleyes:

I wish these people wouldn't bother making contact....

Same issue with me on a civic part ex, a crappy old shape 3 door civic 2001, owes me nothing. was told to stick it on gumtree the local youth are really into these old civic's.

Well they were not wrong whacked on for part ex to clear £395 must of had 20 calls, ive had 4 lads look at the car wasting my time everyone said they were buying it, off they go never to be seen again. 1 or 2 yes, but 4 buyers going quiet ???  

Anyhow it went this morning, young lad with his dad, deposit paid, collect  tomorrow. Was in to minds to advertise it as its an old banger but just shows some old cars are worth sticking out there still, in fairness it did drive exceptionally well.

also sold a fiesta today, 5 door in maroon, YUK !!!! think they buyer was colour Blind. Nice little earner. 

Well last week it was looking like I'd be doing my xmas shopping at farm foods and poundland. Thankfully the month has been saved over the last week and I have ebay to thank for that. That would be the same ebay I was about to cancel in the new year!

I'm off to waitrose now. Holidays are coming, holidays are coming....

I've never really known a dead December - always done enough deals but this one is something else, not even on double figures yet.

I'm trying not to panic but nothing is happening. Except time wasters.

It's oh so quiet. 

Had a couple of stellar phone enquiries though:

Any 7 seat diesels in? Yep. Must be auto though? Yep. LHD too? Whhhaaaattttt?

Or do I fancy driving a £600 part ex auto 80 miles for a test drive in central London? He did try to sweeten the deal with a Proton in part ex against the part ex

'Tis the season for tyre kickers and general time wasters, tra la la la la la.......

Had a guy ring me on a Lexus on for £7990, asking if I'd take £6k?!! (Yeah sure mate, come down, I'll give you a mince pie and a glass of mulled wine!!!) :rolleyes:

Loads of, really interested in your car, but can't get down for two weeks! (Nice, I'll try and bank that with Barclays, they love empty promises!)

Had a couple down earlier, looking at a low mileage BMW (05 plate with 18k miles), that's a lot of money for an 05 plate!! It's done 18k miles Sir, what's the mileage on that one (pointing to an 07 plate 330d tourer with 70k miles), 70k miles Sir, ohhhhh, that's a bit high. Then his wife decides to test drive a Renault Kangoo van!! :blink:

Chap from London, wants to come and view a cheap part ex, on Christmas Eve.....

Ebay message on a BMW 118 Steptronic, what does semi-automatic mean.......

Someone pass me the Sherry.......

Had a bloke look at a car, ill be back later, yeah right I don't see the be back bus anytime soon. 

lots of idiot txts again, messages from ebay and then a call number not identified,i guessed the last one was bob up the road trying to wind me up but it wasnt they came they saw they left conkers:lol:

I've got one nut at the moment where the deal fell through due to his unreasonable demands, now he's texting from different numbers pretending to be different interested customers offering less than he originally did. I knew from the start what was going on but i thought i'd entertain him until yesterday when i got bored of it so told one of the phantom enquirers that i now had somebody coming to buy the car tomorrow. Within 30 seconds of sending that text i get a text and missed calls from his original number saying he's ready to do the deal, will pay a deposit today, etc, etc.

Gotta love December, seems like all the customers have been let out on day release! 

3 hours ago, Tom said:

Just test drive central here!  

Same here! Had a guy walk today, because I wouldn't knock anything off a car priced at £1490. The car is mint and he was smitten with it. Strange....

Can't wait for a bit of normality!!

Bloody text central here! Whats with all the texts, have people forgotten how to talk in December??

41 minutes ago, Ocsltd said:

Same here! Had a guy walk today, because I wouldn't knock anything off a car priced at £1490. The car is mint and he was smitten with it. Strange....

Can't wait for a bit of normality!!

We had that on a Scirocco the other day - minter needed nothing doing and wanted something knocking off just because. 

Sold 2 days later for full whack and felt even sweeter. :D

This Month has been quite good actually done a good few cars, far more than expected. Had 4 go today, who said December was a quiet month....