Sign in to follow this  
Barclaywoodmotorco

DECEMBER SALES

Same last 2 weeks completely dead. Auctions still making crazy money?! Stocking up for new year? MK2 Focus are making big money at the moment I usually do well with these but can't get near them. 

Really quiet for us too,only retailed 4 from a stock of 45,seems deadly today(sat)

I've had as many customers today as the last 3 saturdays put together.

2 sales so far and a few pending/thinkers. Hopefully get 4 from today which I'd be over the moon with!

Just done skoda yeti and traded 03 punto with a small cash drink in it,one or two other enquiries,but on the whole pretyy quiet,good luck all.

Done another just and got two confirmed people coming back tomorrow. Been a great day here.

2 deposits left today.

Had a load of dreamers and time wasters so far this month, seems as though people have a lot of time on their hands to waste at the moment, does my head in!

One more this morning. Returner from yesterday. The other one has put off ti Thursday.

Just one today,very quie otherwiset,got to take her 16 year old fiesta in p/x,bringing it back for pricing later.

First sale of the month. Audi A5, good profit. Last 4 weeks so quiet. At least every single test drive I,ve done for the past 3 months has lead to a sale. Just wish there were more test drives!

Had a cracking November but dead so far for December...as expected.

One retail cheap Polo TDi Cat C.

Taking the opportunity to stock up for the new year.

Just sneaked another in sunday pm,thats 3 dor the weekend,but reckon i only saw about 5 lots of people for the two days.

Sold a Chevrolet Karlos today on a 2006 plate, these really are worthless pieces of crap but a cheap runaround for someone that still looks modern ish. What more do they want lol from a PX to clear. 

Daft thing is it sold in 24 hours of going on sale, and via facebook so no add on autotrader 

#winnerwinner_Chicken_dinner

2 today, ticking over nicely so far in December, much better than November, hope it continues!

Hi to andymc1973,dont quite get your post,why does stocking loans make it hard to buy? or am i just being thick????..regards,Peter 

9 minutes ago, peter..o said:

Hi to andymc1973,dont quite get your post,why does stocking loans make it hard to buy? or am i just being thick????..regards,Peter 

I think he means, people who have access to stocking loans, are willing to pay much stronger for vehicles, as effectively they feel like they are using someone else's money, and therefore more willing to make less margin. Also generally they are under more pressure, to fill spaces on their forecourt, so again, happier to make smaller margins.

So people who use their 'own' money who would expect a better return on their 'investment' are being squeezed, as prices are too high....