Sign in to follow this  
Ocsltd

NOVEMBER 2016 SALES

Yesterday was brilliant I do 10-4 on a Sunday usually come in around 9ish - From 09:20 until 4:40pm I had customers on site all day did not have a spare minute and not had a busy day like that in ages. Absolutely love it can't beat that buzz of dealing all day love it.

Just me and my valeter in and managed to sell half the amount of cars in one day that I have sold so far this whole month, just completely out of nowhere, nothing different just swarms of people.

Blanked the weekend but got one on the board this morning with a phone deposit, car isn't actually here yet.

Thats the benefit of Autotrader unlimited stock, can put everything on thats due in - sold 3 that way this month before they've even got here.

On 11/18/2016 at 11:06 AM, tradex said:

This may turn out to be a November to remember, but for all the wrong reasons.

1 sale thus far...a cheapie

1 trip to court.

1 broken cambelt....just after investing in full service, coilpacks all round etc.

1 key lost....and now found outside, full of water, corroded and broken.

Everything coming in seems to be missing a locking wheel nut key.

Countless time wasters...but then they all come out when it's quiet.

Crap weather.....making valeting more of a pain than usual

PS the smart money is in night shifts at ASDA :ph34r:...no really it is

How did your trip to court go, did you get rogered by m'lud or did you get a fair and favourable outcome?

Totally agree on the weather, currently staring out of the office window at a Qashqui that needs valeting for pictures and the forecast says heavy rain all day :rolleyes:

Did 2 last week, apart from that been swamped with poor credit customers and time wasters taking up my time with no sales amongst them, yet ...

Edited by Daylight

I have had to take two part exchanges back as well, due to faults cropping up.

Annoying but seems to be the biggest problem for me over the last 6-8weeks. Before that we had a great run but at the minute every part ex seems to turn to sh*t after I've had it for 24 hours.

3 minutes ago, SC Derby said:

I have had to take two part exchanges back as well, due to faults cropping up.

Annoying but seems to be the biggest problem for me over the last 6-8weeks. Before that we had a great run but at the minute every part ex seems to turn to sh*t after I've had it for 24 hours.

This is exactly why I generally try to avoid taking part ex's. It does hinder some sales, but does prevent a lot of grief / problems......

1 minute ago, Ocsltd said:

This is exactly why I generally try to avoid taking part ex's. It does hinder some sales, but does prevent a lot of grief / problems......

I'm thinking of doing the same, or offering low ball and if I do get bitten at least I can get rid with no loss.

Can't afford to have to write off £200/£300/£400 a couple of times a month...

Sounds like some of you are not having the best of months...hopefully it'll pick up for you!

October was a poor one for us but this month is going well for sales. Got a Range sold that I expect will be an issue (one of those kind of customers) but otherwise all good. 

Two more deals done over the phone this morning, both mint cars. not sure why I bother coming in at the minute cos it's only times wasters through the doors!

1 sunday, 1 yesterday, 2 today. Started to pick up for me just as i'm about to go away for a few days, always the way!

On 18/11/2016 at 2:30 PM, Ocsltd said:

What has happened to the 'like' button?? It's vanished for me, but still seeing other posts where people have liked it. No biggie obviously, just curious....

bump

1 friday(2007 shogun sport,even tho was the £500 tax band!!)1 yesterday(13 qashqai dci)pretty quiet to day(sunday).sorry for delay in replying Umesh,thanks for the welcome,we are based in Southport 

Just done a deal with a good chunk in it, which has literally just turned my month around. Still surprised at how quiet it's been!

Got back on Monday from a 5 day trip to Spain, yard is frozen over, no water frozen pipes, not able to wash anything, cars frosted inside and out and not a customer in site, oh and a damaged vehicle that i left outside my house :angry:

13 hours ago, M.J said:

Got back on Monday from a 5 day trip to Spain, yard is frozen over, no water frozen pipes, not able to wash anything, cars frosted inside and out and not a customer in site, oh and a damaged vehicle that i left outside my house :angry:

I'm off for a weeks sun next week. Got me some mafia and golf  books, downloaded season 2 of Narcos and have dieted to allow me to eat like an American. Emails will not be looked at, calls straight to voicemail. For one week only Mathew, I'm going to play at being a normal human being. The job can go and **** itself.

55 minutes ago, sparky said:

I'm off for a weeks sun next week. Got me some mafia and golf  books, downloaded season 2 of Narcos and have dieted to allow me to eat like an American. Emails will not be looked at, calls straight to voicemail. For one week only Mathew, I'm going to play at being a normal human being. The job can go and **** itself.

Enjoy the holiday - Narcos season 2 is absolutely brilliant. 

Overall November has just not delivered for me. Worst month of the year, clawed it back a touch the last week or so but disappointing.