Sign in to follow this  
Ocsltd

NOVEMBER 2016 SALES

C4 sold this morning.

EDIT - A Class sold this afternoon.

Edited by SC Derby
  • Like 1

I started with 1 carry over - Then sat in my pants on Monday night had 3 enquiries 1 after the other within 5 mins - 1 a dreamer - the other 2 dealt over email after an hour of twoing and froing and both were propped on finance that night - Both accepted first thing yesterday morning - Happy days - great start.

55 minutes ago, Mat C said:

I started with 1 carry over - Then sat in my pants on Monday night had 3 enquiries 1 after the other within 5 mins - 1 a dreamer - the other 2 dealt over email after an hour of twoing and froing and both were propped on finance that night - Both accepted first thing yesterday morning - Happy days - great start.

Perhaps you could treat yourself to some clothes, so you don't have to sit around in your pants.... :lol:

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Ocsltd said:

Perhaps you could treat yourself to some clothes, so you don't have to sit around in your pants.... :lol:

on Jacamo as we speak ;)

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Mat C said:

on Jacamo as we speak ;)

Haha quality... :D

• Like 1

SX4 sold this afternoon. Had it online as 'due in' sold within 2 hours of arrival.

Edit Megane now sold too, only had that one in 1 hour. 

Literally never had that before, 2 cars sold been with me 3 hours total. Both in the 30,000 miles on 09 plates.

Edited by SC Derby

I've been away for a few days for my birthday. By all accounts we are dead at the moment and it's been painfully quiet. 

After two dead as weeks we finally broke our duck today...at long last!

C Max gone today with plenty in it.

11 plate Polo and a Volvo auto diesel estate prepped for deals tomorrow.

Won seven cars in the block today too which is our best buying day ever...think all our neighbouring sites have been as quiet as us the last couple of weeks which made the auction much much quieter

Its so tempting to just slash the prices of all the stock when its quiet just to get things moving!

What do you do with your pricing when its quiet, stick or twist?

12 hours ago, M.J said:

Its so tempting to just slash the prices of all the stock when its quiet just to get things moving!

Stick its not always the price just waiting for the right person. 

1 sold yesterday

38 minutes ago, Tom said:

Stick its not always the price just waiting for the right person. 

1 sold yesterday

Yeah I agree with this. Sometimes I've reduced some prices, and it's had no effect, you're still waiting for that right person to buy it. The amount of times I've considered reducing the price of a particular car, held off, then gone and sold it for the full asking price. Sometimes you just have to hold your nerve, not easy though....

14 hours ago, M.J said:

With January around the corner, I'd be tempted to stick.

I have actually reduced pretty much everything for the last 7 days or so, hasn't made a difference, in fact the one vehicle i held at the full price sold yesterday :huh:

So all the prices have gone back up again. 

• Like 4

18 hours ago, M.J said:

We had a quiet October and have some fairly boring stock in at the moment so have gone down the "£500 minimum part exchange" offer route to drum up a bit of interest. Seems to be working well so far!

I tweaked a few late September. I think it made a difference as some of the older stuff started to shift. But I also carried on bringing in new stock with the usual type margin and thats also been shifting.

I have definitely been a bit more picky with the buying though and thats helped.

Just done a deal on a Civic Type R EP3.

Then saw my VAT liability, which completely dampened my spirits.....

1 went on the 1st (love a first day deal), 2 more propped and accepted today on sub-prime. Poor commission but the sale is worth more, hopeful they go through ok as both customers are miles away & haven't seen the cars :unsure: