Sign in to follow this  
Rory RSC

March 16

Half way (ish) through the new month how is business for everyone?

We are a lot quieter than A) I would like and B ) I ever expected. Last year from march onwards we went mental busy and saw some really strong growth.

We have realised 16 units so far this month. Last year in March we did 26. I'm 100% certain that the PCP market is taking business away from the used car Independent dealers. Only time will tell.

Quiet month so far. Although enquiries picked up last couple of days so hopefully we can recover!

Yes quieter than normal done a fair bit though so OK for now. 

6 this week, could have been 9 but someone wanted 14k for a golf we could only go to 13.5k on, someone changed there mind on a Panamera couldn't get the figures to stack up on a Maserati unless we dropped it by 5k, and lastly I couldn't quite get someone to put a deposit on a BMW tonight, they want to finance it until 21st because of a house move which we could cope with we just asked for a 1k non refundable deposit, but we would refund it if they failed the credit check or the car was not as described. Does that sound fair ?

yes very fair, they couldn't of wanted it that much. Sod's law says you'll sell it to someone else then they'll phone up wanting to leave a deposit and you'll be unable to duplicate it.

• Like 1

I'm speaking to a lot of dealers at the moment and it really is a bit hit and miss out there, one dealer I know has 70 cars, works from home 4 full time members of staff, stores them on a farm, doesn't sell them cheap and puts a good chunk across them, does the job right, he did 10 last week, another has 2 pitches, 300 cars does the job right over preps them but only did 4 last week but 35 the week before which was his best week of the year so far. If only the job was consistent rather than boom or bust. The only difference's between the 2 is the first one is based in the north west and is still lucky enough to buy direct from the dealers and the other is based down south and relies heavily on the auctions and auto trade mail for his stock. 

I'm on 13 for the month, but have done 5 in last 2 days which has recovered it somewhat. Amazing how it can just die for 3-4 days but then I've sold 3 in 90 minutes this morning!!

• Like 2

I had the weekend off (Stag Do) which is first one for about 9 months and they sold 5 cars without me.

Might have to start taking more time off lol. On 19 for the month. Recovered.

On 3/18/2016 at 9:27 AM, Rosemotors said:

Blank here, but March was p..poor last year too.

I think I'll set up a gofundme page.....

Or you could change the colour of your balloons. I find pastel coloured balloons do the job this time of year.

Slow down here now too. Not sure if the weekend will be a wash-out but feels like it at the moment.

Last weekend was good but this week so far just the 1 deposit taken.

We are going to be open Friday and Saturday but I have decided to close on Easter Sunday and going to do the same on Easter Monday.I have not taken a single day off since the new year and need a couple of days to re charge and I think everyone else has been working hard and under a lot of pressure so it will do no harm.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, RS Car Sales said:

I like your user name. I find the phrase is always 'last price':D

Yes 'last price' is increasingly common,  but best price for cash always gets me. Do they think magic beans are an alternative method of payment or something? 

• Like 2

Saturday we had a few phone calls in the morning then nothing .... Sunday we took 3 deposits by phone, one was viewed today and it goes Wednesday, the other is being collected this afternoon and the last one is being collected next Saturday. We desperately need more stock now. The phone has gone silly this morning.

the wife will also be getting a new smoker today, we should be taking an a4 auto today as px which should do as a stop gap until I can find her a mini auto or her company agree where their new building is going to be.

• Like 2

The wife's new car ..... 100k, full history, sunroof, leather, cam belt change .... Basic nav, cruise control ... £2650 :)

image.jpeg

• Like 1

Lost one yesterday, took a deposit on a scirocco, it was advertised as having cruise control ..... But it didn't have cruise control.