metcars

BCA deliveries

Recommended Posts

What's the latest with BCA arranging deliveries. Are there any restrictions on age etc these days? Who are you guys using at the moment? I'm might have to start having stuff delivered and not sure what's best?

Thanks:)

Edited by metcars

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Same rules still apply i think, clean bca report and mot to have it driven and below 100k, you have to buy three or more from the same branch to get them transported then they can be any grade spec you like. 

We tried movex have no idea what was going on took three days to get insane quotes so didnt try again. 

I did ring one driver who used to collect from us and he said he wont even go to blackbush as there is often a two hour wait just to get the car, how much truth is in that i have no idea maybe thats why i wasnt getting any quotes from movex maybe. 

unless its been updated thats my understanding on the whole saga and it is a saga. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, justina3 said:

We tried movex have no idea what was going on took three days to get insane quotes so didnt try again. 

Tbh I wouldn’t want to rely on them to transport my rubbish bin to the roadside once a fortnight.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, metcars said:

So, is everybody collecting their own stuff?

Yes or waiting upto 12 days for BCA to deliver lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, NacMan said:

Yes or waiting upto 12 days for BCA to deliver lol

Jeez, really? Just out of interest, how's Manheim doing, what's Colchester like or Northampton?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, metcars said:

Jeez, really? Just out of interest, how's Manheim doing, what's Colchester like or Northampton?

Stopped using Manheim. To be fair any nearby auction centres are next day or 2/3 days max. Anything over 100 miles were waiting minimum 5 working days, newcastle - manchester was 10 day wait. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, MarkTVS said:

If anyone needs any stuff delivered from scotland then give me a shout :)

Funny you should say that! Friend of mine picked up a car from Scotland a week or so ago. Trained up and drove it back in a day. Apparently the car was cheap and so was the train ticket. I’m guessing driving those distances at 60mph will be a ball ache?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, metcars said:

Funny you should say that! Friend of mine picked up a car from Scotland a week or so ago. Trained up and drove it back in a day. Apparently the car was cheap and so was the train ticket. I’m guessing driving those distances at 60mph will be a ball ache?

It’s kind of 6 and half a dozen our bigger truck takes 5\6 cars so if it’s a full load it’s cheaper but that run in the big truck is 2 days due to driver hours and being limited to 56mph, but if it’s just one then we have a single car beavertail which is tacho exempt as it’s under 3.5ton so it can do the same run within 24 hours and isn’t speed restricted. Hopefully going to add a bigger variety of trucks to the fleet as we build our transport side, it’s a fairly new venture for us which we just started to keep our own costs down.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, MarkTVS said:

It’s kind of 6 and half a dozen our bigger truck takes 5\6 cars so if it’s a full load it’s cheaper but that run in the big truck is 2 days due to driver hours and being limited to 56mph, but if it’s just one then we have a single car beavertail which is tacho exempt as it’s under 3.5ton so it can do the same run within 24 hours and isn’t speed restricted. Hopefully going to add a bigger variety of trucks to the fleet as we build our transport side, it’s a fairly new venture for us which we just started to keep our own costs down.

Good luck with the new venture Mark all the best with it mate ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Casper said:

Good luck with the new venture Mark all the best with it mate ...

Cheers Casper 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MarkTVS said:

It’s kind of 6 and half a dozen our bigger truck takes 5\6 cars so if it’s a full load it’s cheaper but that run in the big truck is 2 days due to driver hours and being limited to 56mph, but if it’s just one then we have a single car beavertail which is tacho exempt as it’s under 3.5ton so it can do the same run within 24 hours and isn’t speed restricted. Hopefully going to add a bigger variety of trucks to the fleet as we build our transport side, it’s a fairly new venture for us which we just started to keep our own costs down.

Good luck with it! Sounds like it has potential!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seems its dependant on what BCA it is in my opinion . One says its got to have an assured report to drive it , then it turns up being driven anyway without a report .

Some say its only 3 at a time to get it on a lorry , we've had three cars on three lorries last week on same day all from same BCA but one went to my house then rang me to say he was stuck in the culdesac with a full double decker transporter , who'd turn into a little close with a lorry that big . 

Don't be in a hurry if you do get them delivered either , what a joke , 0 to 10 days they say ,We bought 30 cars in three weeks then only 12 came inside 10 days , Had delivery charge refunded for the rest " best part of £1,200 " , still waiting for paper work for some others ,Lost service history and spare key  on one , sent us £500 back then it turned up two days later . 

Another turned up with a whacking dent in the bonnet from the transporter , driver said not me mate , who did it then the bonnet fairy , BCA gave us £1,080 +VAT  towards fixing it . 

Total loones at present BCA are, don't know if they are turning left or right , 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, metcars said:

If anyone needs any stuff delivered from scotland then give me a shout :)

Alright mate, I dont have anything to pick up at the moment, but how far south would you come or do you come?  I look at stuff up there, but from Cornwall its borderline ridiculous!  If I knew somebody reliable who could get stuff to the Midlands, even Bristol it might be different.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, David Horgan said:

Seems its dependant on what BCA it is in my opinion . One says its got to have an assured report to drive it , then it turns up being driven anyway without a report .

Some say its only 3 at a time to get it on a lorry , we've had three cars on three lorries last week on same day all from same BCA but one went to my house then rang me to say he was stuck in the culdesac with a full double decker transporter , who'd turn into a little close with a lorry that big . 

Don't be in a hurry if you do get them delivered either , what a joke , 0 to 10 days they say ,We bought 30 cars in three weeks then only 12 came inside 10 days , Had delivery charge refunded for the rest " best part of £1,200 " , still waiting for paper work for some others ,Lost service history and spare key  on one , sent us £500 back then it turned up two days later . 

Another turned up with a whacking dent in the bonnet from the transporter , driver said not me mate , who did it then the bonnet fairy , BCA gave us £1,080 +VAT  towards fixing it . 

Total loones at present BCA are, don't know if they are turning left or right , 

Madness when you consider they have more control, and without physical auctions to distract them they should be able to focus on their business even more? Looks like as has mentioned in other threads, where covid is an excuse for  poor service and f+*# ups!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, CRW said:

Alright mate, I dont have anything to pick up at the moment, but how far south would you come or do you come?  I look at stuff up there, but from Cornwall its borderline ridiculous!  If I knew somebody reliable who could get stuff to the Midlands, even Bristol it might be different.

We will do anywhere mate, been as far down as village called shitterton before :lol: Will always aim to have it down to you within a week.

Edited by MarkTVS
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, MarkTVS said:

We will do anywhere mate, been as far down as village called shitterton before :lol: Will always aim to have it down to you within a week.

Was it a nice wee place or a bit shit .. lol 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Casper said:

We will do anywhere mate, been as far down as village called shitterton before :lol: Will always aim to have it down to you within a week.

OK bud, will keep you in mind.  Used to do Penzance to Newcastle and back in a day but getting a bit older now!

Drove past Shitterton on Friday afternoon, was a bit shit at the time, had been driving for 4 hours at an av speed of 30 mph. Nice area of the country, shit road!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.