Sign in to follow this  
It's me

internet auctions

would you sell a car to this man

*************************hot off the pressssssssssss**********************************

even with a full check list pdi, new mot, full independant  inspection and a long drive i wouldnt sell this man a mota

would you?

Hi

I am very interested to buy your car and would like to bid but i have some questions i would like to ask beforehand.

Rest assured i am not a timewaster.

1) What if any, were the advisories on the last MOT?

Is the mileage verifiable, ie old mot's, vosa history printout

2) Has the car been smoked in and has it carried any pets?

3) What is the tread on the tyres and is a full spare wheel and tyre changing tools included? Has the cam belt been changed?

4) Is all the paperwork for the car present, ie V5, MOTs, Service history, book pack, garage receipts?

Is it HPI clear? When did it undergo a full service?

5) Does the car run and drive well? Any other faults with the car?

Is the gearbox and engine working well?

6) Are there any rattles, squeaks and untoward noises while driving?

Are there any oil or water leaks anywhere?

I look forward to hearing from you VERY SOON.

Thanking you for your time to give the answers

Regards

michael skillawonjker

answers on a postcard no stamp required

Is it that bad?? How old is the car, price, miles etc?? Most questions are just what a customer would ask in any case. 

Questions 5 and 6 are an matter of opinion but can be answered by saying.............In my opinion the car drives as it should, has no visible  fluid leaks and no untoward noises that you wouldn't expect from a car this age and mileage. BUT PLEASE Mr Skillawonjker feel free to take an extended test drive and see for yourself.

BUT

If he offers to pay by Western Union Money Transfer via his shipping agent tell him to do one !!!

• Like 1

Sounds about typical of the questions my customers ask. I would answer the factual questions and then invite him down to test drive himself explaining condition, drive etc is always down to personal opinion.

Last month I had to email photographs of each stamp in a service book off a Zafira so the customer could check them out. 2 days later he turned up, very pleasant family and bough the car. He's made a shortlist of 6 cars, contacted each dealer for history details and I was only 1 of 2 to bother to send them and turns out the other car was advertised with full service history and had 3 stamps - this is on a 60k mile 58 reg Zafira.

After the sale I got chatting to the guy and it turns out he'd just gone through a long battle with a dealer over a car he'd purchased that turned out to be clocked.

I'd also answer that, you'll find it's probably 50/50 if he comes but if he does 95% of the hard work will be done.

had the same last month with long drawn out emails with a real Saab enthusiast. Tickled his ego a bit calling him a Saab expert etc and eventually we did a good deal.

Remember as i said it was an internet auction not a classified, i really couldn't be bothered because i knew that he would find reason to dispute when collection time came,as it turned out i got a higher price than i wanted by a customer off the street anyway so all turned out good

never judge a book by it's cover, I once worked at a rover dealership and every sunday at 2pm a scruffy looking man would always come and look through the window and ogle an MG Montego Turbo with his KFC dinner in his hand, everybody else wouldn't even go an speak to him, I'd always go and say hello and give him the time of day, after about 18 months of this happening he came in one monday and ordered a new car for his wife, himself and his mother, Turns out he was a senior partner in a firm of solicitors who just liked to dress scruffy of a weekend. Ended up supplying all of his office staff as well.

• Like 1

I would answer them, if your buying something that could be expensive you want to be aware of all of the facts, I always ask about the cam belt too, after all if you buy something the last thing you want is to have to spend another £500 on getting a cam belt fitted.