James Baggott

Supercar dealer Romans on Car Dealer Live at midday

Thanks James hope you and the family are well

• Like 1

I enjoy their youtube channel. Tom might have a future in broadcasting IMO. If it's a live chat could you ask him if he's thought about it pls. 

48 minutes ago, Nick M.K. said:

I enjoy their youtube channel. Tom might have a future in broadcasting IMO. If it's a live chat could you ask him if he's thought about it pls. 

How are you and the family Nick hope all is well

16 minutes ago, Nick M.K. said:

All is well thank you, I hope you are too!

Yes all good here thanks also

3 hours ago, James Baggott said:

thanks james, enjoyed this one, was nice to see tom be so open and honest especially regards the reality that they are facing an imminent price realignment the likes of which we on here don't have to worry about.

I thought it was nice to hear that it’s not just the peasantry such as myself that has to put up with low ball offers :lol:

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BHM said:

I thought it was nice to hear that it’s not just the peasantry such as myself that has to put up with low ball offers

Imagine the pain of "Go on then, round it down from £1,195,000 to the nearest mil"

1 hour ago, Nick M.K. said:

Imagine the pain of "Go on then, round it down from £1,195,000 to the nearest mil"

Errr...no I can’t! :lol:

the over a £million stuff will be immune to the imminent drops, the original low quota's and always lack of those on the market should see too that, and the folks that own those arn't going to be worrying anytime soon, the pain will be in the mental over supply in the 150000-350000 market the bulk of which is financed up too buyers who traditionally were £50,000 buyers,  when you look into how many of these were produced in recent  years its shocking, lamborghini - aventador 8400 units, gallardo 14000, hurracan already on 15000 units, rare they ain't..

would be interested to know how many of these are u.k cars if anyone has an idea on lambo numbers?? ta...

I remember when portman had the u.k only lambo agent, in the countach years 20 units into the u.k a year was a result, and when diablo arrived in 91 it was only 10 u.k units a year until 93, how times change!

seeing a car back then was rare and special, now even you tubers with no income drive e'm.:mellow:

20 minutes ago, awc1000 said:

seeing a car back then was rare and special, now even you tubers with no income drive e'm.:mellow:

Yep. Many decades ago it was a special moment if you saw a Lambo or a car with the prancing horse on its bonnet. Not now.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, BHM said:

Yep. Many decades ago it was a special moment if you saw a Lambo or a car with the prancing horse on its bonnet. Not now.

I was given the task of collecting a new F/Daytona in about 72.Stopped at a services on the M1,came back out and there was a crowd of people drooling around the car.I made sure to tell them that the car was shite,it jumped out of 2nd and a charging light kept winking.No big deal,I knew it was bought with 2 months chucky commission. ( 10 grand ) imagine that !

17 minutes ago, trade vet said:

I was given the task of collecting a new F/Daytona in about 72.Stopped at a services on the M1,came back out and there was a crowd of people drooling around the car.I made sure to tell them that the car was shite,it jumped out of 2nd and a charging light kept winking.No big deal,I knew it was bought with 2 months chucky commission. ( 10 grand ) imagine that !

Showing your age now trade vet :lol: always like to listen to your stories and enjoy them better than watching heartbeat reruns on the late 80s I seen my first Ferrari couldn't tell you the model was just a nipper just remember it was red with a Ferrari badge funnily enough was at a repair car garage for mechanical work .  

Edited by Casper

29 minutes ago, trade vet said:

great stuff, more story's if you can find the time trade vet cheers:)

for those interested in the lambo brand in the u.k during the 70's and 80's there is an interesting thread on piston heads about the "portman" years and the countach, who bought them etc, well worth a read and great period pictures too.

8 minutes ago, awc1000 said:

for those interested in the lambo brand in the u.k during the 70's and 80's there is an interesting thread on piston heads about the "portman" years and the countach, who bought them etc, well worth a read and great period pictures too.

Will have a look hope you and the family are well . 

4 minutes ago, Casper said:

Will have a look hope you and the family are well . 

yeh all good thanks you too, bored shitless though....

about 90 pages on the countach thread, there's the story of the band "five star" 80's who i think had 5 countach, the two girls couldn't even drive! the dad manager went a bit mad with the money until the inland revunue stepped in.... then theres the pink countach sold to a women in a pink jump suit with large headlights:huh: some great pics from the era.

8 minutes ago, awc1000 said:

yeh all good thanks you too, bored shitless though....

about 90 pages on the countach thread, there's the story of the band "five star" 80's who i think had 5 countach, the two girls couldn't even drive! the dad manager went a bit mad with the money until the inland revunue stepped in.... then theres the pink countach sold to a women in a pink jump suit with large headlights:huh: some great pics from the era.

Yeah Getting bored myself 

24 minutes ago, awc1000 said:

I have loads of stories but you will have to give me a clue to remember them and a light might come on.It could be anything connected to the job.

2 hours ago, BHM said:

Back in those days Ferrari and Lambo were horrifically unreliable. They were meant to be parked up and stared at not driven. 

2 hours ago, trade vet said:

I made sure to tell them that the car was shite

Only you TV.

Me, I would have bullshitted and blagged that it was mine :lol:

31 minutes ago, Mark101 said:

Only you TV.

Me, I would have bullshitted and blagged that it was mine :lol:

:lol::lol: 

1 hour ago, trade vet said:

I have loads of stories but you will have to give me a clue to remember them and a light might come on.It could be anything connected to the job.

Trade vet out of interest what was your daily back then and what was your first car .

16 minutes ago, Casper said:

:lol::lol: 

Trade vet out of interest what was your daily back then and what was your first car .

Learned to drive in Reliant Regal 3 wheelers when I was 16 using my motor cycle licence.I rarely had my own car although I did have a nipple pink Cortina 1600E ( with an 8 track stereo) for a short while.I was never interested in owning a top car although I could afford one in 1972 basic wage £10 but I was earning £150 per week.We worked long hours and on Sat and Sunday doing 20 was normal.